Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by debussygirl »

There hasn't been anything official out. I think Rob has said that if they do make BD, he's in, but that's as "official" as it's gotten.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

debussygirl wrote:There hasn't been anything official out. I think Rob has said that if they do make BD, he's in, but that's as "official" as it's gotten.
All the "no commets" tells us that the talks have begun but nothing has been worked out yet...They are likely going to wait & see if New Moon is as big as Twilight...It does come down to the all mighty $$$$ after all...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

That and Rob and Kristen at Comic Con both mentioned Breaking Dawn scenes as what they're most excited to film (being pregnant and the C section)
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

the basic point i was trying to get across was that yes in the contracts for the first three movies there was a stipulation that they most not be rated higher than pg-13, but if breaking dawn hasn't even been confirmed yet, then there's still room to hope it's not fluffed down so much it becomes rated pg-13. it probably will, but a girl can dream, right?
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Well I certainly hope that Stephenie sticks to her morals and doesn't let BD become this Hollywood horror where all they focus on is sex and gore and leave out all of the emotion just to give people sick pleasure.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Not only her morals, but so much of her fan base is based around the 13-17 year old age range. Yes, there are many of us much older, but it was a teen series and I think they'll stick to that.
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

debussygirl wrote:Well I certainly hope that Stephenie sticks to her morals and doesn't let BD become this Hollywood horror where all they focus on is sex and gore and leave out all of the emotion just to give people sick pleasure.
not all rated r movies are filled with sex and gore....i just think that in order to really convey the deep concepts like the decision to keep a child, dealing with your own death, or even the intensity of the scene between the volturi and the cullens it should be rated R, I think that all that would be fluffed way down in order to fit into the PG-13 catagory. Just because a movie is rate r doesn't mean that a 15 year old can't go watch it, it just means their parents are going to be the ones to determine whether they are old enough to watch it, and there's nothing wrong with that.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

A movie won't be rated R because it's deep, movies are rated R due to sex, violence, language, and nudity. They don't have to fluff down the deep concepts of BD in order to make it PG-13, they just need good writing, acting, and directing. What more will we get out of it if there's this hot and heavy sex scene or a super-gory birth scene? Nothing, because as long as the story is the same and the acting is good, then the audience will get the same (or close to) to same feelings as reading the book.
And I am 17, able to go to an R rated movie without a parent, but I will not. My mother is 47 and she won't go to an R rated movie. It has little to do with age and more about values for some people.
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

The following is a quote from filmratings.com:

"An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material. An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously."

I believe that there are some serious adult themes in this novel. the scene during child birth was very intense and graphic. It is my opinion that the R rating would be best suited for the movie if they made it. This is my opinion, and i'm entitled to it. I personally believe that putting it into a PG-13 catagory would mean toning down the very themes that made the novel what it is. A personal choice to not go a see a moving based on it's rating and not the content, is just that: a personal choice. I, however, choose not to go to a movie based on it's content.

If it's a moral issue with stephenie, I'm not saying she should give up her values. I'm just stating that my opinion is that the novel in it's context now, as it is, is very mature, and is best suited for mature young adults.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Idea!

What if they had different scenes on the DVD? Ya know how some have "unrated" versions sold... this would just be the rated R version. That would be cool :)