Edward and Bella #1

MmeKat
Settled in Forks

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by MmeKat »

Hello all...I'm new here...
Well, while driving today, I was thinking about Edward and Bella's relationship. Back to the very beginning (Twilight) we all know that when he first saw her, there were no lightning bolts...though he was curious about the fact that he couldn't read her thoughts...then when he smelled her in science lab, all he could think of was killing her....which is why he ran away...
So my question is, what do you all think made him fall in love with her and when did it turn to love??? Unfortunately I don't have my copy (loaned it to my sister-in-law...I need someone to come with me to see the movie in Nov....LOL!!! :lol:
We know they don't imprint like the wolves and it wasn't love at first site....so does someone remember or can you pinpoint when and what made him fall in love???

Thanks!
Kathy
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

hahahah! this is fun :lol:

okay, i know i said that this is just a fictional story and all the characters are fictional. but to think again, Bella is only human. now, onebreath (sorry, i don't know your real name), you said Edward loved Bella even right from the beginning, right from the start when he smelled her blood (and everything else that Ruth said, which is brilliant), and back then, Bella only found him intriguing and attractive, nothing more than that. and it took her so long to realize that Edward had actually in love with her way before and only then, she realized she loves him too. and then with Jacob came into the picture, she further understood herself.

so what i'm trying to say is, she's only human! lol. that is why she made mistakes after mistakes, while Edward is, well, just being Edward. okay, even if the fact that Bella is human is not that much of a fact, Edward has been living so much longer than her, that he knew 99% about life. but Bella, she's been living for 17 years (during Twilight), so she had much to learn. even though Edward didn't experience love for the past 106 years,(again, based on during Twilight) he had learnt about humans and feelings, etc. this may sound crazy, but it's not like she did it on purpose during that tent scene.
onebreath
Wandering Through Town

Post by onebreath »

heartscreams wrote:hahahah! this is fun :lol:

okay, i know i said that this is just a fictional story and all the characters are fictional. but to think again, Bella is only human. now, onebreath (sorry, i don't know your real name), you said Edward loved Bella even right from the beginning, right from the start when he smelled her blood (and everything else that Ruth said, which is brilliant), and back then, Bella only found him intriguing and attractive, nothing more than that. and it took her so long to realize that Edward had actually in love with her way before and only then, she realized she loves him too. and then with Jacob came into the picture, she further understood herself.

so what i'm trying to say is, she's only human! lol. that is why she made mistakes after mistakes, while Edward is, well, just being Edward. okay, even if the fact that Bella is human is not that much of a fact, Edward has been living so much longer than her, that he knew 99% about life. but Bella, she's been living for 17 years (during Twilight), so she had much to learn. even though Edward didn't experience love for the past 106 years,(again, based on during Twilight) he had learnt about humans and feelings, etc. this may sound crazy, but it's not like she did it on purpose during that tent scene.
Oh for sure! I didn't mean for my posts to come across as attacking Bella for her actions (or lack thereof). I definitely agree that Bella herself was still growing up. I truly understand that she was just figuring these emotions out and that it was only because she hadn't gained that perspective yet that she didn't know how, or perhaps didn't even consciously know what she was doing when she found herself in horribly awkward circumstances. In fact, this type of awareness/enlightenment doesn't even necessarily all come naturally to you when you enter adulthood either! It's extremely difficult to try to take everyone's feelings into account and know how they will react to things at any age. My reasoning was purely in hindsight where I was just wishing that for Edward's already self-battered mindset she could have realized what her relationship with Jacob was actually doing to him. But I do understand that she was going through a lot of confusion and mixed emotion at the time as well.

By the way, you can call me Ellie if you want. Or onebreath ..or hey you...or hey stupid if you want lol.
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

Bella and Edward's relationship is a beautiful thing.
They fit soo well together.

Breaking Dawn just took it that step further. SEX!
If I'm honest I've never had Bella down for such a big lover of sex
But jeez she loves it (lol) Mind you anyone would if it's with Edward

They got what the wanted.. and more in the end. Their happy ending was so very much deserved.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I loved that Bella and Edward got their happy ending in Breaking Dawn. A few people (or maybe just one? I can't remember) said it didn't fit in with the rest of the series in that it didn't have that aspect of reality in the problems and all that, but it did until right up to the happily-ever-after. First you've got when Jacob nearly lost it at the wedding, then Bella realising Edward wanted to kill the baby, then Jacob's pain, then Bella being convinced everyone was going to be slaughtered by the Volturi . . . so I wasn't annoyed by the happy ending at all. After everything that had happened to them, they deserved it.

But I hated the way in the third part of BD their relationship became all about sex. (Except when Bella showed Edward her thoughts . . . Yay!) They didn't talk as much as they used to, and I loved their conversations! *sigh* And I was a bit concerned about the fact that Renesmee is in the next room while they're doing it.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

courtneycullen wrote:
mlola619 wrote:THANK. YOU. sorry ladies, but i agree 100%. You can't grow stronger if your relationship doesn't hit any bumps or goes through any turmoil of sorts.
egggh.... i completely disagree with this...
they did go through a lot and it wasn't all lovey dovey perfect cause they had the whole james situation in twilight, then edward left in new moon, wasn't that one of the biggest bumps of all? and also with victoria coming in twilight... just because these problems weren't another man or woman doesn't mean that it couldn't have made them stronger. I really didn't think that jacob was necessary to make their love stronger, i know stephanie meyer says that it didn't hinder bella's love for edward at all for her loving jacob as well, but it hurt him so much, when she went hysterical that night that she told jacob that she chooses edward, it absolutely killed him, he'd never seen her so unhappy, and it was because she couldn't be with jacob, because she hurt him too as she was hurting herself.. imagine you didn't know the ending of breaking dawn and everything now... would you truly desire her to be that passionate about jacob so openly to edward and in front of edward... NO! well i wish they weren't...
Well...I can speak from personal experience on this one. Sometimes the normal bumps and tests aren't enough to make you truly realize how much you love the person you are with. My fiance and I have had more than our share of problems and I always knew that I loved him. I just didn't know the extent of that love. Then we hit a point where we had to take a break. During that break I began seeing someone else. I was with him for almost a year and was very much in love with him. But things didn't work out their either and me and my fiance got back together. When we first got back together and my ex (the guy i dated while my finace and i were on a break) was being a complete a hole there were nights when my fiance would hold me and let me cry over my ex. I would go on and on about how much I loved him and how I couldn't believe that he would treat me this way after we broke up. I didn't have the feelings for my ex that I did while I was dating him but the fact that I had loved him and he was being such an a hole really hurt. The fact that my fiance understood enough to let me get that out of my system made me love him that much more. And my time away from him with someone else that i did at one point love made me realize that the love between my fiance and i was the strongest, truest love I would ever know.

So, I understand how Edward and Bella could both have put themselves in this position. Sometimes it really does take this kind of situation for the realization of how strong your love is to hit you.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

it's true that bella and edward's relationship changed quite a bit in BD, it lost it's cuteness and shyness and first love fever, but i think it just evolved is all.
I loved their happy ever after it was long overdue
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

Random Thought

I was just thinking about something in Midnight Sun. Edwards mentions that anyone of his family would trade immortality to be human again (something we knew even without Midnight Sun)

Bella really makes Edward almost human. He doesn't have his vampire power of mind reading around her. He doesn't charm her quite the same way he does with other humans, she has stirred up feeling that he didn't even remember having, if he ever had them at all.. she took the edge off him.

Once Bella is a vampire it almost makes him more human... he has the family he never thought possible, and with Bella not being breakable she is his equal in all ways.

anyway.. not sure where i was going with this thought.. it was just a thought.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

Well of course I love Edward and Bella and their relationship, otherwise I wouldn't be on here! Reading Twilight made me so happy and giddy because it reminded me of how great it is when you meet someone and fall in love. All of the emotions like the feeling you get when you see them, to how you think you're going to die when they're not around...ugh, it was great!! Personally I've been in my current relationship for going on 7 years, and while I love my fiance, I just don't have those overwhelming emotions anymore that you have when you are first with someone. It's kind of sad, but that naturally fades after a while. After finishing Twilight I kind of had mixed emotions of feeling so happy for them, but then feeling sad that that part of my life is over. Well not over, but I won't ever have that brand new relationship/excited feeling. Good thing I can just keep re-reading Twilight :D .

I didn't mind reading the whole part in NM when he left her because well 1) I knew he was coming back eventually (I had read snippets of what each book was about before I read the series) and 2) I think it makes a relationship so much stronger if you both know what it is to be apart. I think a lot of people take their significant others for granted just because they've always been there and they know that they always will be. To experience the loss of a person is such a powerful and painful thing to go through, but I think it is a life experience that everyone should have at least once. That's why it was so great when they saw each other again and they just couldn't stop clinging to one another.

I also love how obsessed they are with each other. I think in a lot of relationships that is more one-sided, but with Edward and Bella they are equally obsessed and in love with the other. He is super protective over her and kind of stalker-ish, but it is so sweet. But she is also protective over him if you think about it because she never wanted him or his family to have to fight for her in case something happened to any of them. So she resigns herself to go let James kill her so that no one else will get hurt.

It's also great that even though Edward didn't like Jacob and thought it was dangerous for Bella to go see him, he eventually gave in and let her just because he knew that was what would make her happy. He was secure enough with their relationship that he could let her go hang out with Jake even though he knew there were feelings there. Most guys would be like "whatever, if you want to go hang out with him, fine, but don't bother calling me anymore." But he loved her so much he stuck around because there was no other option for him.

I LOVED the way their relationship evolved in BD. I didn't mind at all that it became extremely physical, because hello, they practically couldn't even kiss for like the first year or so that they were together!!! Can you imagine the sexual tension building up for that long especially with a hot mofo like Edward???? :shock: **swoon x 1000** I wish we could have gotten some more deets on the first time, instead of just skipping over it and going to the next morning. I think she could have still made it PG, but gave us something! I mean come on, there were kissing parts that were hotter (for example the infamous leg hitch-oi!!). Anyhoo, if I was Bella and Edward I would have been the same way. You can FINALLY be completely care free and do whatever you want to the other with no worries. How did they ever leave the house?? It was a good thing Renesmee was around or else they might not have for a while!

Well I could probably go on forever, but I'll stop now! I just think this is the greatest love story ever, and I CANNOT wait for the movie!!!!! :P
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

bite-me wrote: Breaking Dawn just took it that step further. SEX!
If I'm honest I've never had Bella down for such a big lover of sex
But jeez she loves it (lol) Mind you anyone would if it's with Edward
Haha, I keep wondering... How in the world could that be enjoyable? Especially for him... Guys can't really control themselves in that position, so would Edward even *like* it? I know he's perfect and all, so of course he has to enjoy the sex, but... blah. It made about as much sense as the rest of the book.

Also, wouldn't it be freezing? I mean, he's freaking COLD! :lol: What if he got stuck? He's a popsicle down there.

Anyway, the main reason for my post:
We were reading and analyzing excerpts from literature today. This one made me laugh like crazy. It's so-freaking-Edward and Bella:

There was hardly a touch of earth in [Tess's] love for Clare. To her sublime truthfulness he was all that goodness could be, knew all that a guide, philosopher, and friend should know. She thought every line in the contour of his person the perfection of masculine beauty; his soul the soul of a saint; his intellect that of a seer. The wisdom of her love for him, as love, sustained her dignity; she seemed to be wearing a crown. The compassion of his love for her as she saw it, made her lift up her heart to him in devotion. He would sometimes catch her large worshipful eyes, that had no bottom to them, looking at him frmom their depths, as if she saw something immortal before her.
She had not known that men could be so disinterested, chivalrous, protective, in their love for women as he. Angel Clare was far from all that she thought him in this respect; absurdly far, indeed; but he was in truth more spiritual than animal; he had himself well in hand, and was singularly free from gorrsness.
This amazed and enraptured Tess, whose slight experiences had been so infelicitous till now; and in her reaction from indignation against the male sex she swerved to excess of honour for Clare.

Sorry, it's a tad long. Anywhoo, do you think that's very-uber-similar to Edward and Bella, because I definitely, without a doubt, do. :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj