Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by Jadey »

Twilight.Crazy, you're more than welcome to hate the movie.
I hated it aswell lol!!

(If you go into the section called 'The Twilight Movie' theres a thread there where you can ramble on about how much the movie sucked aswell)

I personally blame catherine and melissa. Catherine is just weird, and Melissa hadn't even read the whole series when she wrote the script.

Im so happy for new moon though. Chris Weitz is bloody awesome
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

yes, i jsut wish that with all this new money they made from twilight, that they could have heird a better screenplay writer for new moon
but i'm really looking foward to cris!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Soul&Romance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soul&Romance »

As much as I'm looking forward to New Moon (especially now that Chris Weitz is in the picture)...I don't trust in MR at all. I think she did a bloody awful job with Twilight and I don't know how nervous I should be about New Moon...especially after Rob said in an interview that the reunion scene isn't the same. What is with this woman and screwing up the most important scenes in the book? You figure she knows the fanbase, she knows (and understands because she's said it herself numerous times) how important this is to all of us and yet she just...throws it all out the window. Screw up a little scene, if you're going to screw with something...don't completely rewrite one of the most important scenes in the book. I know that it's a screenplay and not the book, but seriously...she needs to get it together.

rant over :)

I guess if it's really that bad, I'll just be a screenplay writer and rewrite the whole series in 40 years. Although my screenplay would pretty much just be identical to the books, so we'd all be watching a 3 hour long movie...but I'm sure not many of you would mind =)

You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing.
For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Soul&Romance wrote:As much as I'm looking forward to New Moon (especially now that Chris Weitz is in the picture)...I don't trust in MR at all. I think she did a bloody awful job with Twilight and I don't know how nervous I should be about New Moon...especially after Rob said in an interview that the reunion scene isn't the same. What is with this woman and screwing up the most important scenes in the book? You figure she knows the fanbase, she knows (and understands because she's said it herself numerous times) how important this is to all of us and yet she just...throws it all out the window. Screw up a little scene, if you're going to screw with something...don't completely rewrite one of the most important scenes in the book. I know that it's a screenplay and not the book, but seriously...she needs to get it together.

rant over :)

I guess if it's really that bad, I'll just be a screenplay writer and rewrite the whole series in 40 years. Although my screenplay would pretty much just be identical to the books, so we'd all be watching a 3 hour long movie...but I'm sure not many of you would mind =)

I heard that Rob said that too, and it's making me REALLY nervous for that scene. Why would they need to change that at all? It's perfect as it is in the book. I guess because of the success of Twilight they decided MR did a good job & decided to keep her.

As for a 3 hour movie, no Twilight fan could hate that at all. I wish soooooo bad that Summit could've made Twilight a 3 hr movie & all the rest to come could be that long. Man why does $$$ have to rule everything?

EDIT:I read an interview that Kellan did &he said he liked the NM script better than the Twilight one. Who knows what that means exactly or what he could like better, but that gives me hope that NM will be better than Twilight. (I liked Twilight, I just think it could have been better.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

summit sucks!!!!! they replaced Rachelle (iwonteventrytospellherlastname) for victoria!!! its 10 freaking days!!! i'll wait that long if it means she's the one in eclipse, shockingly enough. and personally, i dont think the bryce girl is good enough for the part. no offence, but i just dont!! and i mean, COME ON!! i think theres a better solutions than recasting the part!! its called patience. *huffs* i'm done.
Betting on Alice.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

As much as I understand why Summit replaced Rachelle, the whole matter came out of nowhere. There's got to be
more to the story that they aren't releasing to the public, and I think it has to do with them wanting more known actors in the parts. Really, before Twilight, I hadn't heard of the company considering that it was attached to a few big projects like Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and The Brothers Grimm, and even produced and distributed the movie Step Up back in '06. Now that they are on the map with the success of Twilight, they seem to be shoving those who helped get them there to the side.

At least the company president is thinking with his head and not with his personal interests at heart, much unlike someone else in a same place of power.
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Well, I loved the Twilight movie (its indie feel was particularly unique for a supposed blockbuster, which was a refreshing change), and I felt that Melissa did a wonderful job with adapting the script. We should also remember that Hardwicke worked with Melissa on the script a bit, didn't she? I know that the "spider monkey" line was Hardwicke's personal insertion. Chris is a much more competent writer, and I completely trust him as a director.\

Summit knows how to market these movies. New Moon's marketing campaign has been immense. They even managed to partner with Volvo, and New Moon ads have been appearing everywhere.
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

However, I am curious. What did Robert say about the reunion scene, exactly?

Judging from the pre-release material, Edward and Bella kiss after she throws herself into his arms. That's not an extreme addition, so I'm wondering if they changed something else. In the second draft of the New Moon script, it's basically the same as the book, so I dunno what the issue is. Anyone?
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

What other things besides Twilight has Summit done? Have they worked with any of these actors/ directors before?