Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jenn
Settled in Forks

Re: Garrett

Post by Jenn »

Elizabeth wrote:Jensen is a beautiful guy! I'm not sure how he'd look with sandy-blond hair though. He'd have to work on losing his Texas accent. But I wouldn't mind any of the differences, I'd be too busy cleaning the drool off my shirt. :D
Sooo true!! He's too much! 8-)
After all, how many ways can one heart be
mangled and still be expected to keep beating?

UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Jenn wrote:He's just so loveable... I like him because he's an adventurer...

About the actor... You're right, Elizabeth, Josh Halloway would be a good choice...

Or maybe Jensen Ackles...

What do you think?
Oooh, I just IMDB'd pics of Josh Holloway -- and I've never seen him before, but that's exactly how I pictured Garrett to look!! There's even a pic on there w/ a very vampire-like expression on his face -- I can almost hear him growling at the Vulturi!! :mrgreen:
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:
Oooh, I just IMDB'd pics of Josh Holloway -- and I've never seen him before, but that's exactly how I pictured Garrett to look!! There's even a pic on there w/ a very vampire-like expression on his face -- I can almost hear him growling at the Vulturi!! :mrgreen:
I'm so excited that you took the time to look him up! The curiosity and effort is appreciated! After watching Lost, I knew he could play the sometimes naughty yet loveable guy. Do you have a link to the picture? Maybe you can post it so other people can get a look :D
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
TwilightObsessed321
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightObsessed321 »

I loved Garrett!! I agree, talk about a vamp who had me at hello! He's great! There's just something about his personality that drew me. It was so fun to watch him progress from nomad to standing up for the Cullens. Yes, I agree, he was the first newcomer to refer to the Cullens as a family and not a coven. His speech at the end was a big "battle" highlight for me. "Who am I revolting against? Are you my king?" Yah!! Finally, a loner vamp who will stand up to the Volturri!! (And live to tell the tale. That's always important. :lol: ) I LOVED his line:
Garrett: "If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman."
Kate: :roll: "Now he tells me."

I was laughing my head off and thinking "that's so sweet!! awwwwwww!" at the same time. And the whole thing with

Garrett: "I heard you could put a vampire flat on his back."
Kate: "And you wanted to experience it for yourself?" or something. and then at the end,

Garrett:"Wow!"
Kate: ;) "Did you enjoy it?"
Garrett: "Well, I'm not stupid, but that sure was something!" :lol: You could really tell he was an adventurer right there. And he was talking about the Cullens' "vegitarian" diet. :lol: Rock on, Garrett!
Hugs,
Cara
Image Twilight Is Timeless Image
midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

I adore Garrett! He is AWESOME! His revolutionary speech got me. And when he told Kate "I'll follow you anywhere woman" I just about died!
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I couldn't resist putting up a link of an image for Josh Holloway.
This is my opinion of what Garrett looks like.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm212965376/nm0391326
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Garett I feel in love with, he was the life of the book, and at the end "I will follow you anywhere!" I was smiling and hugged the book for having him do that he was awesome.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Elizabeth wrote:
UnfreakinBelievable wrote:
I'm so excited that you took the time to look him up! The curiosity and effort is appreciated! After watching Lost, I knew he could play the sometimes naughty yet loveable guy. Do you have a link to the picture? Maybe you can post it so other people can get a look :D
Sorry for the delayed response -- I saw your pic of him and LOVE it!! It's just so perfect for the Garrett I picture in my head!! I also couldn't resist posting a link to THIS pic -- he looks like he's a vampire crouching, ready to spring at Aro!! Very sexy indeed. 8-)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3452475648/nm0391326
remember.love
Settled in Forks

Post by remember.love »

So, I have been clicking around on this forum for a while without making an account. But when I ran across this thread and noticed a couple of you asking about Garrett fan fictions I had to jump in.

I have been reading this absolutely amazing Garrett fic on Fanfiction.net. So far its an amazing story, very well written, superbly paced, and great characterization of both Garrett and original characters. The tragedy is the story is relatively undiscovered. So read and review!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4503737/1/Forever_Night

The character of Garrett is probably one of my favorites, especially in Breaking Dawn, because his character is well defined, yet open to interpretation. (I actually think the strength of the supporting characters was one of Meyer's greatest assets of the entire Twilight series)

Kay, Thanks, Bye!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Garrett was a pleasant surprise. I really liked his 'make-up' - how he was drawn and written. A beautiful orator and one tough cookie. He was ready to fight to the death for his freedom and the truth.

I love what he said to Kate " If we survive this, I will follow you anywhere, woman", to which Kate replys "Now he tells me".

Love that!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict