General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

mcdowellswife wrote:This may sound weird but the absolute worst moments for me were the empty pages in New Moon. You just know that Bella is in such an awful place and it makes you break for her.
yeah, the pages with just the months on them was absolutely heartbreaking. plus I was still in shock and denial at the fact that Edward actually was gone. wow. that was really hard to read.

on a happier note, don't you guys think it's amazing that Stephenie can pull those emotions out of us with a book? I think it's incredible.
ImageImage Image
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

BroadwayAmanda93 wrote:
mcdowellswife wrote:This may sound weird but the absolute worst moments for me were the empty pages in New Moon. You just know that Bella is in such an awful place and it makes you break for her.
yeah, the pages with just the months on them was absolutely heartbreaking. plus I was still in shock and denial at the fact that Edward actually was gone. wow. that was really hard to read.
I was crying myy head off, I was in total shock that's right mouth agap drowl coming out hyperventilating shock, then I stopped and cryed "No more Edward."
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Infatuated
Settled in Forks

Post by Infatuated »

I think New Moon was the absolute worst for all of us. Some of us are still in denial about Edward leaving. So get over it. He left. We cried, but he's back now and happily married to Bella and they have a beautiful daughter.
Unbuttoning Jasper...
Bleach Fan (Renji Abarai is SEXY! Byakuya's hot too!)
"Till the end of time, with this girl, who will have thoughts just like me. Not of boys, but of blood."--Ben Cote (Thanks ben for writing this for me. Luv Ya!)
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

vamp na hEireann wrote:I seriously cried when Edward left.I never cry,not even when family members die or anything like that,so when a fictional vampire leaving his fictional sweetheart makes you break down you know theres something wrong with you!Seriously,Edward broke my heart too when I read that.
Me too! It hurts to even go back and re-read it...
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

one thing I didn't think of before is the very last page of Breaking Dawn. The blank one where all it says is "The End." am I the only one who was crushed by that! I loved the book and spent like an hour reflecting on the series. but still, those last two words were kinda heartbreaking!
ImageImage Image
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

^^ YES!!! i promise when i saw that i cried; to me it's more like "The end" of Bella's perspective....being inside her head- which is really sad for me cause i absolutely loved reading from bella's perspective. And even though i know we will definately hear more from the Twilight Universe i feel like Edward & Bella's relationship is at a close..they finally got their "happily ever after". Sure i'm thrilled that they did- but i enjoyed reading about it so much that it really got me when i realized that was it...

I also must admit that i thought putting in "The End." was very clever of Stephenie since she had Bella say something earlier in BD about those type of endings. I'm not sure where it is but i specifically remember her saying something like "like putting 'The End' at the end of a story- so complete".

I feel like i'm the only one who noticed this...anyone else? I love Stephenie- she's so awesome at bringing out so many memorable parts of a story....*sigh*

BroadwayAmanda93 wrote:

on a happier note, don't you guys think it's amazing that Stephenie can pull those emotions out of us with a book? I think it's incredible.
During the whole Edward leaving scene i felt kinda like Bella- it didn't really hit me at first, i was in such denial that he'd be gone for long the whole time reading that scene it was surreal- like i was reading a lie...but it REALLY hit me once i got to those pages with the months...it was so heartbreaking for me because it was SO LONG! And i also broke at the realization of Bella's mindset- she was completely blank during those months- noticing nothing, having nothing to say; to me it really helped me feel Bella's mindset- a complete blank and total shock. So when you got to the scene where she keeps narrating several months later you feel just like she did- with Edward's leaving fresh in your mind and you're still heartbroken over it...

The fact that SM has been able to bring out so many emotions from me by reading simply astounds me. I've never been a reader and use to find it so silly when someone cried after reading a book- i'd never done it. So the fact that she really got me emotionally attached to these books is proof enough to me that she is indeed a phenomenal writer...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

mlola619 wrote:The fact that SM has been able to bring out so many emotions from me by reading simply astounds me. I've never been a reader and use to find it so silly when someone cried after reading a book- i'd never done it. So the fact that she really got me emotionally attached to these books is proof enough to me that she is indeed a phenomenal writer...
I absolutely completely agree. It takes real talent to do that. Every time I read her work I'm amazed at what she's created. Especially Breaking Dawn. I remember the weird looks my family was giving me while they watched me read it for the first time. I was laughing, crying, gasping, and sometimes shaking throughout it. My brother even said, "Geez Amanda, it's a book! No book could possibly make any normal person react to it the way you do!"

I have now made it my mission to make him a Twilight Guy.
ImageImage Image
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

BroadwayAmanda93 wrote:
mlola619 wrote:The fact that SM has been able to bring out so many emotions from me by reading simply astounds me. I've never been a reader and use to find it so silly when someone cried after reading a book- i'd never done it. So the fact that she really got me emotionally attached to these books is proof enough to me that she is indeed a phenomenal writer...
I absolutely completely agree. It takes real talent to do that. Every time I read her work I'm amazed at what she's created. Especially Breaking Dawn. I remember the weird looks my family was giving me while they watched me read it for the first time. I was laughing, crying, gasping, and sometimes shaking throughout it. My brother even said, "Geez Amanda, it's a book! No book could possibly make any normal person react to it the way you do!"
I KNOW!!! I have NEVER re-read the same book within years of each other. But these? I can't get enough. I keep re-reading them one after another and I can't stop thinking about the characters! My life feels empty and boring without the Cullens! My husband thinks I am insane!!! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
jess_marie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by jess_marie »

I agree with some of the comments above about New Moon.
I've actually been through the same thing and I cried so hard I had to put the book down.
It's the ONLY book I cannot bring myself to re-read... not yet anyway.

TEAM EDWARD
because vampires sparkle, duh.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I know how you all feel about NM. It's difficult to read chapters 3 and 4. But like Stephenie said, we needed to see Bella without Edward. Bella was so caught up in him and the life she wanted with the Cullens, she wasn't really paying attention to what was around her. The saying "you don't know what you have until it's gone" is the mantra of NM. The first time I read the book I missed alot of things, because I'm an emotional reader- I get right down into the story. I cried so hard when Edward left, I got excited when Alice came back, my heart was pounding as Bella was running through Volterra, and I was thinking "God, this is it" when they faced Aro! I've read the book 4 times, and it's easier to read Edward's leaving, but I still cry. I just don't think you can really appreciate Eclipse without understanding the events of NM.

I think my most heart-stopping moment was at the end of BD, when Bella pushes her shield away and lets Edward hear her thoughts- I had been waiting for that the entire series!