Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Dovrebanen »

spicey16 wrote:
debussygirl wrote:
spicey16 wrote:spare your torch and pitchfork... but i dont see that the proprosal is all taht important. or that it even is a proposal, more an ultimatum.
in nm, it WAS a proposal.
and even in ec, it wasn't an ultimatum, at least not to me. he just said he wouldn't have sex with her until they were married. i see nothing truly ultimatum-y about that.
and it's important for edward's character and bella's. it shows his old-fashioned values and his overall love for bella. it shows bella's fear of public display and attention.
well he says if you want me to change you then you have to marry me.. I mean it wasnt a very romantic, dinner carriage ride, pops out a ring professes his love and then asks.. he justs says marry me first. i dunno, the one in eclipse was nice.. this one i just wasnt feeling i guess lol i love his 1918 ways ie when he explains that he is "that" guy, just not this particular proposal
But he also looks into her eyes and says Please. Her marrying him was important to Edward, but she didn't even take it seriously. He even asks if it would have gone better if he had a ring, and Bella just freaks out even more. He is serious when he asks her. He wants to stall her as well, but he also wants her to say yes. So I think the proposal is very important. And it will build up nicely for Eclipse, and explain a bit why she is against marriage. The only thing that worries me is that Chris has said that it will be a bit different than in the book...I wonder where he's going with that.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
haniix--c--
Settled in Forks

Post by haniix--c-- »

Part of the advert worried me when bella ask's edward to kiss her she seems a bit over confident or more so than i imagined in the book and it was little things like that that caught my attention in twilight though its probebly just coz coz im fussy lol
Smile, it gives you wiiings. Laugh, the world is yours. Love and you are free.
themeadow
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by themeadow »

I just thought of something...

You know how in Twilight they did the whole "animal attack" mystery thing w/ the nomads? :roll: Well are they really gunna repeat that in New Moon? It's part of the story, so I just wonder if they are going to omit that or not...
These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I personally hope that they just leave the whole thing out. It was ridiculous to have in in there in the first place, IMO. It served absolutely no purpose in the story. To spend time shooting that instead of focusing on the relationship between Edward and Bella, is just beyond my understanding. It's not an important part of the story at all, and I certainly won't miss it if they decide to leave it out.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

themeadow wrote:I just thought of something...

You know how in Twilight they did the whole "animal attack" mystery thing w/ the nomads? :roll: Well are they really gunna repeat that in New Moon? It's part of the story, so I just wonder if they are going to omit that or not...
Do you mean Victoria or the wolves, how people were seeing them?
I would hope that they'd leave a Victoria attack out. But I think they should put in that people are seeing gianormous bears around.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
KatieLautner95
Settled in Forks

Post by KatieLautner95 »

I'm worried:

1. About how big the wolves are going to be. In the trailer, Jake was as big as a normal wolf. It looks good but he's supposed to be HUGE! He shouldn't be able to fit into a house and Bella would come up to his shoulder!

2. I was reading in an interview that when she hears his voice he appears in like a mirage. I personally think that it's an essencial part that she only hears him and then looks around to try to see him. If he appears, it might mislead people into thinking that he actually came back which would throw it off.

Other then those two things I think the movie looks better then Twilight was! :lol:
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I don't know if everyone has watched the clips released at comic con. So consider this a spoiler warning for the clips.

In those we saw that Bella does see Edward during her hallucinations. I was very worried before I saw the clips. But it looks perfect IMO. No one can think that Edward is really back because he looks like halfway transparent/ghost'ish. I think it is just perfect, and for a movie it makes it more powerful. I really think we would loose something with it just being audio effects on the big screen.
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

After seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlZuCAw_ ... annel_page

I'm SO not worried :)
teamJacobx3
Settled in Forks

Post by teamJacobx3 »

keds723=

I mostly agree with everyone actually, go figure!

I am most worried about the awkwardness and the laughable special effects in this movie. I'm sure there will be nothing to complain about because I was satisfied with Twilight and I still watch it even though I don't like everything. But, I think a lot of my worries have to do with the acting. I loved KS and RP together, but honestly, with other characters, my love for them lessened. A lot of the small role actors seemed to make the scene awkward most of the time, and I couldn't help but laughing (especially at the part where Bella meets Eric for the first time. HA!) But I think the sophomore film for them will be a step up, since they've gained some experience, and have had time to further develop their characters.

I think this had partly to do with the way the script was written. I read through it and a lot of the lines weren't very natural. Sure, they did a good job of staying pretty true to the book, but the scene with Charlie and Bella in the hospital where she talks about calling her mom made me cringe. I thought "hey...she messed up," but alas I was wrong because the awkward line was in the writing. Hopefully there will be less of these in NM.

I am also worried about Taylor playing such a big role. I think he looks perfect and he seems like a good actor, but I just found his parts awkward in Twilight, that I hope he can fill the shoes of such a large role in NM. I hope since he's been trying hard to look the part, that he's going to commit the same amount of time and work to the acting!

I am also worried about the special effects in this movie. The "sparkling" (was that what that was?!) was sort of lame as well as the strange running, but I hope that Chris Weitz will help with that. I know he did American Pie, but he also did The Golden Compass, and I thought the special effects were great and I thought it stayed pretty close to the main plot of the book. Some may disagree, but I loved it, so hopefully he'll bring a lot to NM!

They better not skimp on the Italy scenes. I will be mad. And I will leave. They also better do the cliff scene well. I love that scene (and for anyone who wants to read along with that scene to music, I suggest "Vertigo" by Jump, Little Children, off topic ) and I have some expectation as to what I want....

I can't wait.
I agree with most of what you say. The one thing I do disagree with you about it your fear of Taylor having a bigger role. I think he is FULLY capable of being Jacob Black and I found his acting to be the best out of everyone's one. One reason why I'm so excited about New Moon is that its going to have Taylor as the leading man. I wasn't convinced by RP performance and I don't think he portrayed Edward at all. So I'm glad to see the leading role is going to be handed over to an actor that can actual act and puts SOOO much effort into his charactor.

Also I'm so happy that got a new director, I think Chris is going to do a better job than CH. Now if they would just get rid of MR, hmmm >:O
teamJacobx3
Settled in Forks

Post by teamJacobx3 »

I have two pressing concerns.

They DID NOT dye Dakota Fanning's hair, just say the poster of her and her hair is blonde.

and look at the photo from the Italy scene http://twilightguide.com/tg/2009/05/28/ ... -pictures/
1. they're not suppose to kiss until AFTER they get out of the room with the Volturi
2. KS looks like a spastic donkey jumping on RP like that, I bet they just did that for the stupid fan girls

Also, sorry but am I the only one thinking that the producers/directors need to stop worrying about what the fan girls think about the movies and focus on the script and the die hard fans, UGHH >:O