RENT

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

RENT

Post by Nena »

Discuss here the Broadway play RENT and the movie.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: RENT

Post by skylarblue »

Woo Hoo first post.

Its kind of ironic that I saw this thread because I'm actually watching the movie right now. Can I say I love the movie! I never got the chance to see the actual play but if it was anything like the movie, I would love it.

Seeing that I've only seen the movie, I can say that all the actors, the music, everything is great. I would have to say that my favorite characters are Collins and Angel. Also, Idina Menzel (Maureen) have a fantastic voice, I can understand why she won a Tony for Wicked.

I have seen this movie so many times and still cry when Angel dies and when I listen to the soundtrack I begin crying when Jesse L Martin sings the reprise of the song he and Angel sing.

Excellent movie!
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I love RENT!
I suggested this thread!
Yes!!!
Well anyways, I think Angel is the most controversial character in it. Definitely. If I could put on the play, I would definitely want to play Collins, because I can act, sing, and play the I'll Cover You Reprise piano part. I love that movie!!!
I cried when I heard I'll Cover You Reprise, when Angel died, and when Mimi died.
And my favorite part was when Angel told Mimi, "Turn around girlfriend, and listen to that girl's song!"
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

WOAH WOAH WOAH!
Idina Menzel is in RENT?!
I didn't know that.
I love her!!! :D
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Yeah, Idina Menzel plays Maureen, one of the main characters!
Speaking of the characters, the only one I really don't like is Benny, obviously.
I love Angel though, she is a drummer like me, and I would love to be her or Collins in a play production!
My favorite song from RENT would have to be La Vie Boheme.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
19nomad90
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by 19nomad90 »

I love Rent the movie but I never got a chance to watch the play... which I'm pretty gutted about!

My favourite scene is during "The Tango Maureen" and when Joanne starts leading Mark says something like "It's hard to do this backwards" and Joanne says "You should try it in heels!" Then she just lets him drop to the floor! :lol: I laughed so much at that part!

Favourite werewolf? Sorry Jake, I'm TEAM SETH all the way!!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

^^Me too! :D
I love RENT.
I've learned Seasons of Love on piano, I'm learning La Vie Boheme and Take Me or Leave Me.
And I know all the words, of course. :D
19nomad90
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by 19nomad90 »

Oh my god I ADORE Seasons Of Love :D It's my favourite RENT song!! I also love Light My Candle and Tango Maureen of course. I just love them all :lol:
Wow you must be good at piano!! I wish I'd learnt to play but I chose guitar instead lol. Then again I suppose it's never to late to learn something new :lol:

Favourite werewolf? Sorry Jake, I'm TEAM SETH all the way!!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

:D
I'm not too good, I've been teaching myself.
It took me like two months to figure out Seasons of Love.
:D
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I was amazed that Tracie Toms had such a wonderful voice and I was also happy to learn that she's from Baltimore, Maryland. Woo Hoo!

The funniest thing happened to me this week, I woke up and had La Vie Bohem stuck in my head. I hadn't watched the movie or listened to the soundtrack in ages and for some reason in my dream I was part of the cast in the restaurant singing that song. Weird, I know!

I think the soundtrack for this movie is the best.

Oh just an FYI, Idina and Taye had a baby boy born on Sept. 2, 2009.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!