Astrology

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Astrology

Post by Pel »

i was curious about this.

personally, i don't usually think much of horoscopes or anything like that -- sure, all geminis in the world are going to have a great week...

but I find the side of it that analyzes personality and relationships (i'm not necessarily talking about compatibility here) really interesting. you can look into other aspects; it's very subjective and can become quite addictive.

obviously i don't think all the people born under one sign will have similar personalities, or that only those born under that sign will have that personality, or anything like that. but i do think it's reasonable to say that certain signs will share certain traits...

i was bored the other day, and i found this description of my sign (gemini)... it was like two pages long, so it wasn't one of those things that you can read and say "that is the type of thing you can interpret so it applies to anyone". and as i was reading it... i dunno. it was like a better description of me than i could have given.

i just find it interesting, and wondered how close to their descriptions bella and edward are.

bella -- september 13, virgo
http://www.astrology-online.com/virgo.htm

edward -- june 20, gemini
http://www.astrology-online.com/gemini.htm

i saw edward as more of a capricorn-type person, but again...what do you all think? bella's, though, seems to be very accurate.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Astrology

Post by Elizabeth »

My mom is a Virgo and I think she fits the description pretty well. If Bella was really anal like most Virgos I know -they tend to be very detail-oriented- wouldn't she keep her room cleaner and not have clothes all over the floor, in the closet, or on the rocking chair? I thought Edward was an earth sign, he keeps his emotions in check better than most people. No offense to Gemini's, but most of the ones I encounter are real moody. My favorite Gemini quote comes from Chris Rock and his song "No Sex in the Champagne Room" he mentions his forecasts for the astrological signs and says "Gemini, you gonna die...twice!" I guess you'd have to watch the video, it's a total spoof of rap videos, but worth the laugh.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)

I forgot to mention my sign! I'm an Aries- but I choose not to embrace it. My father is an Aries (I don't speak to him), I don't want to be compared to him and Aries tend to have plenty of bad personality traits (stubborn, arrogant, etc.) since it's the youngest sign in the zodiac.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

Aquarious

strong-willed / stubborn,opinionated, far-sighted / visionary,
innovative / inventive, tolerant / unprejudiced / objective, humane / humanitarian, genial / friendly, idealistic
remote / detached / aloof, intuitive, devoted to their goals,
free-spirited / rebellious, frank / outspoken, independent / individualistic ,intelligent / intellectual, leading / trend setting, engaging,unpredictable, eccentric / unconventional, temperamental, resentful, enigmatic / magnetic, progressive, unemotional / cold

Yeah thats about me...... So maybe it is real.
Though I am very emotional, and I doubt Im cold. That would be a really bad cheerleader... but then again I can act. ;)
manda87
Settled in Forks

Post by manda87 »

I related to Bella immediately when reading twilight so i thought it was pretty ironic that Bella's a virgo like myself and that were born a day a part because i thought i read somewhere that steph picked the month randomly and not at all on purpose?!
"To every word of love I heard you whisper, the raindrops seem to play a sweet refrain.”
~xStRaWbErRyx~
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ~xStRaWbErRyx~ »

I have the same birthday as bella, so that would make me a freaky virgo, haha
I am quite a "virgo type" person
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

My birthday is May 13, which makes me a Taurus.
I saw this on some random website:

The Truth about Taurus Women

-She is a constantly a different person. If she gets upsets, she will not show it and will keep it to herself for a long time, and will remember them so well. If she gets really mad at you, you will suddenly become a total and complete stranger to her.

-She is a patient person, but always need new excitement. She has patience with what she wants to do and will never give up until she gets there. She will be very persistent in what she is doing till she has reasons for stopping her project, then she will quit.

-Money for Taurus woman is not the most important factor in life. She thinks of money as an instrument for assuring of a good living. She has more satisfaction in achieving her goals more than satisfaction in fine clothes and luxuries..

-Love is in her head, but Freedom is in her soul. She has her own idea about love and afraid to show her true feeling for fear of rejection. She is not the type to talk about love, but she sure has a strange way to show it. She is not good in showing when she is in love, but if she loves you she will be honest to you than any other women.

-She will be honest to her love one, but at the same time seems distant. You will have a good relationship with her, if you allow her freedom. She will be different than other girls, and she thinks different is one of her unique quality..

-She is a public figure but belongs to no one. She will not stay with you, if she thinks you are not sincere. She likes you to have personality, but better not to compete with her. Love her, but not too much for she afraid it will limiting her freedom.

-She always stands out in the crowd for something she dares to do. If you are a politician who are looking for a wife, she will make a good one because she is cleverly smart and she could get along socially with any type of crowds.

-She is not a jealous type because she has to know you thoroughly before accepting you in her life. She has more curiosity in life than wondering if right now you are flirting with someone else.. If you keep a distant from her, or go away for a few days, she will miss you more. She will never disappoint you or hide behind your back, but she is the type who just going to tell you to your face that " We're better off breaking up".

-She always remember her first love. Taurus woman holds the best record for divorce for she does not care about how people think of her, but every things should be done for "Happiness".

-She has lots of friends and sure of herself, so you will hardly see she delays any of her thoughts before her action. If she think of something, she will go ahead and does it. She has many men wanting her for her constant changes is the challenge. She can be cute and funny, but suddenly cool and tough. She has her own style of dressing up. She will have that interesting hair, dress and a look unique from anyone else.

She likes to learn about your dreams and your thought. She has fun teasing you and making jokes. If she did something wrong, she won't hide it from you, but do not ask when she is not in the mood to talk about it. She hates to owe people money and take promise seriously. If you promise to pay her back, you'd better paid up.

----Hm, I agree for the most part. But wow to the whole divorce thing! Hahah
One thing they didn't say there though: Tauruses are stubborn as hell.
I could second that. Lol.
Oh, and we like being on time! I get sooo pissed whenever I pick up my friend and she's still getting ready.
Uggh. Nothing pisses me off more.
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

I am a Scorpio, and I fit almost everything they say about Scorpio woman except the whole sexual thing, horoscopes say we are addicted to sex, but I'm a more sensual person than a sexual one.

I think Edward fits the Gemini type in the fact that it's harder for them to make up their mind, they over think everything and end up constantly changing their mind, just like my mom.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

I fit your pretty typical Sagittarius, but what's MORE interesting is when you do the full spread. Your... rising sign, I believe is what your "Sign" is, Gemini, Sagittarius, ect. But then there are other factors as well, what sign was the moon in, and then for all the planets, and they all mean different things. So sure, Sag is accurate for me, but when I got a full, elemental expanded verson and I learned what my Venus in Capricorn meant, it was like "wow." freaky-accurate.

I think Astrology is really fun, even though I'm studying to become an Astronomer. (most people wouldn't put both Astrology and Astronomy in the same interest bracket, but I do. :D]

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

I'd love to know my lunar sign. I don't know much about astrology and spreads. I know about Tarot and the readings are always dead-on but I never heard of astrological spreads, Only the Astral Chart and I've never had one anyway.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Sharenei
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sharenei »

Scorpio with Aries rising, Sag moon, couple other things in Virgo and Libra--my chart looks like a crescent moon. Any way you look at it, I'm an...interesting person to get to know. Those who like me fall into two categories: deathlessly loyal, or toolboxers (basically, what can I do for them). The first category folks tend to stick around for years; my best friend is a classic example, it being about ten years since we met, and still going strong. The others...well, they're on their way when I "stop being useful"...and good riddance to them.

Yeah, there's an ugly side to my personality. I accept it as a character flaw. Aries means I'm occasionally a snob-nosed goon too uppity for her own good and deserving of a several-peg demotion. Scorpio means I don't do middle-grounds very well (which is interesting, as I'm actually a big fan of compromise...usually.), and the other stuff is flesh-out gravy.

For free astrological charts, you might look at http://www.alabe.com; that's where I got mine and my niece's.