General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Hyvanna »

Humm I would say where they get there money over all them years they would have good investments like the Cullens. Also we know they have the gems -n- jewlery. Eatch new member brought with them whatever weath they would have, if any. I would also think sence some humans are in the know they could threaten a store owner -n- their familys that would get them VIP treatment id assume they'd get stuff they need free without havein to steal.

Missing people well Hedi is verry good at her umm..yeah..Job.. she would watch her pray pick out the ones that are eather along on the trip or just maybe in two's friends, lovers, old couples, ect.. im sure if anyone called askin one of the Volturi would be who you would be askin about said person so of course you would hear some tragic thing. If said person was a teenager then that would be easiest to get by with teenagers runnaway everyday they are prolly hidding out we'll call if we hear anything.
opulent
Learning to Love Green

Post by opulent »

The Dark Knight wrote:
I to love the word Hubris...The biggest mistake to date is leaving their enemies alive...The Romanians and now the Cullens...Not good form for a ruler that needs to rule with fear and intimidation...
I agree they shouldn't have left them alive, but it wasn't like they had much of a choice. The fight would have been to even for them to massacre the Cullens completely. The Cullens might have even won, and word definitely would have gotten out about the Volturi's corruption. And if the Volturi had miraculously managed to survive intact, then I bet you there would have been a vampire uprising at that point, because everyone would have seen at that point that their free will was being threatened by a group of power hungry monsters.
"Plus que ma propre vie."
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Or (a big or, but oh well) they could have thought that by leaving their enemies alive, they would be seen as merciful. They're not exactly all powerful dictators, so they really shouldn't be killing anyone they can't beat otherwise. Wouldn't leaving people alive be seen as nice, lulling the other vampires back into a sense of peace, not fearing that their coven would be next, like the Cullens, taken down for no reason. They can conceed a peaceful semi-defeat if it will keep a semblance of a good image.
However, I think leaving the Romanians alive wasn't mercy or a mistake, but torture. They had destroyed everything the Romanians had built, and left them there in the ruins to watch it all crumble around them. Perhaps Aro thought they wouldn't have the strength to continue on after seeing their empire, their life, unravel.
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

There's also something to be said for thinking politically. I can't say for sure that any of them were thinking this, but they run the risk of leaving the entire vampire world in chaos if they get into too much trouble. If they were to fight, I know for sure that the Volturi would have taken an extreme hit to their numbers given the strength of their opposition. If they weren't finished off at that point, they'd certainly be vulnerable to attacks by much smaller groups after that. While we may not always like the things they do, the do help keep order. Imagine a vampire world with no one to keep the more ambitious individuals from doing something stupid and risky and causing wars like Jasper lived through. Watch those situations escalate to the point where the Volturi would have stepped in, but there's no one to do that. No doubt people would find out about vampires and the world would be going crazy. They play an important role; almost all establishments do.

By the way, I don't think the Volturi is evil. Yes, they use their power to gain even more power, but they kind of have to. In order to keep their authority, they have to have the most powerful people, they have to have the upper hand in the situations they face. Their fellow vampires need to hear about the powers they possess and fear it so much that they won't think to put their toes out of line.

The Volturi made a mistake by taking the entire guard and the wives with them. Aro should have known Carlisle better than that. They ran a huge risk by appearing so cocky and they paid the price. I feel like Aro should have known that Edward and Alice would never have joined him and it would have been better for them to simply assess the situation with the "immortal child" before traveling all that way with everyone.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Asheleyo wrote:There's also something to be said for thinking politically. I can't say for sure that any of them were thinking this, but they run the risk of leaving the entire vampire world in chaos if they get into too much trouble. If they were to fight, I know for sure that the Volturi would have taken an extreme hit to their numbers given the strength of their opposition. If they weren't finished off at that point, they'd certainly be vulnerable to attacks by much smaller groups after that. While we may not always like the things they do, the do help keep order. Imagine a vampire world with no one to keep the more ambitious individuals from doing something stupid and risky and causing wars like Jasper lived through. Watch those situations escalate to the point where the Volturi would have stepped in, but there's no one to do that. No doubt people would find out about vampires and the world would be going crazy. They play an important role; almost all establishments do.

By the way, I don't think the Volturi is evil. Yes, they use their power to gain even more power, but they kind of have to. In order to keep their authority, they have to have the most powerful people, they have to have the upper hand in the situations they face. Their fellow vampires need to hear about the powers they possess and fear it so much that they won't think to put their toes out of line.

The Volturi made a mistake by taking the entire guard and the wives with them. Aro should have known Carlisle better than that. They ran a huge risk by appearing so cocky and they paid the price. I feel like Aro should have known that Edward and Alice would never have joined him and it would have been better for them to simply assess the situation with the "immortal child" before traveling all that way with everyone.

I agree with you on most things Asheleyo. One of their middle names has to be hubirs. What should have been done, is they should have summoned Carlisle to their court to review his covens actions. Thinking more long term they could have extracted promises from Carlisle to have his coven availible to help the Volturi when they needed, thus gaining everyone of them as red shirts...that would have been the best way of dealing with this...

But now that the cat's out of the bag, they will have to find a way to save face. Either use the Shaka Zulu method, leave no one left alive to rise against you or extract something from Carlisle on the side...The status quo now is unexceptable...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Or they could just do their job.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Or they could just do their job.
How could they do that with their reputation in tatters? They no longer carry the air of invulnerability...They are weak now...The Romanians seen this at the end of BD...The uprising is now evadable now...The only way to hold control now is to squash the perceived upstarts or make them join them somehow…

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Oh I meant before the showdown. Sorry. My bad. :oops:

But, they do still have a hold on power, and if they chill out a little bit, they can keep it. If they don't give the others a reason to rise up, they won't. It would have to be a darned good reason for the Cullens to do it, and somehow I feel like an uprising wouldn't take place without them.

The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Oh I meant before the showdown. Sorry. My bad. :oops:

But, they do still have a hold on power, and if they chill out a little bit, they can keep it. If they don't give the others a reason to rise up, they won't. It would have to be a darned good reason for the Cullens to do it, and somehow I feel like an uprising wouldn't take place without them.

You don't see the Romanians running around stiring up unrest...They want back in power and now have a platform to preech from...

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Actually, I don't. I see the Cullens being the major force of change in any sort of public opinion. I'm sure the Romanians will sow unrest as much as possible, and I'm sure that people will be sympathetic to them. But I don't think a serious uprising could occur without the Cullens, and I think it will take something very big for them to do that.