1. How easy does it seem that Bella learns how to control her body and movements? Do you find it odd that for someone who was so clumsy, she can easily emulate Edward’s movements?
She was mentally prepared for it, and has basically been prepared and wary of it since she first realised she loved Eddie, and knew what he was. And she also thinks of the consequences of her movements.
2. What were your reactions to finally being on a hunt? Was Bella’s first hunt what you expected? Why or why not?
I expected Bella to have trouble with it, but then again she went on instincts, and whats natural. I was expecting her to react to it like a human, not a vampire.
3. Do you feel that Bella is behaving like a normal newborn vampire? Think about Riley and the descriptions that Jasper gave regarding newborns in Eclipse, how much different does Bella seem? Why do you think she has more control over thirst?
Bella, to me, acts just like Eddie, Alice and the other Cullen vamps. She has more control over thirst because she knows what will happen if she loses control, and shes seen it happen. And she wouldn't want to kill a human, because she was one just recently, and she knows how horrible it is, and that she would be killing a person that a lot of people loved, and she would put herself in their position.
4. How do you feel Edward is coping with Bella being transformed? What adjustments do you think he is making and what do you suppose he is feeling?
aww Eddie. Good ol' Eddie. He's over the moon. Hes so happy shes changed. And the reason I think hes extremely happy is because she HAD to be changed. It wasn't Bellas CHOICE this time, so Eddie doesn't have to feel guilty, or bad for taking Bellas life/soul because it was either change her, or she dies. And he's accepted that shes finally a vampire, and it was meant to happen. And hes relieved that he can kiss her and whatnot without wanting to eat her. I don't think hes making any adjustments. Just basking in the glory that is Bella the vamp.
5. Bella is now coming to understand the bond of mating between vampires. What are your reactions to those feelings she is discovering? Does experiencing her feelings give a better insight to how Edward may have been feeling in the previous books? Do you think this understanding may give you a different perspective when you think of the “break-up” scene in New Moon?
The feelings she has for Edward are the same as what she had when she was a human, but they're more certain, they're set in stone. The doubts not there, not that she should be doubting her love for Eddie. It doesn't change my perspective of the "break up", it just makes me feel more heartbroken. It made me think they go to extreme lengths to protect the person the have extreme feelings for. I dunno! I guess it makes me think of how Edward could possibly leave. I don't see how he did it.
^ by ForJazz"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart