Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kellybean
Settled in Forks

Re: Creation Entertainment's TwiTour

Post by Kellybean »

I'm driving down with 2 of my friends from New England to go to the Jersey convention and we are all very upset that none of the Cullens will be there. While I understand that things happen and that the filming schedules come first, I can't help but feel a little bit of a bait and switch. :( I am excited to get to see Edi and Gil as I have heard good things about them, but we all had a heart set on meeting Ashley, Kellan, and Jackson. Is there anyone else who went to the Phoenix convention who can help us feel better about the changes?

There is also a convention scheduled for Boston in July that we might try for.. it will just depend on how this one works out ( and whether BD is filming.)
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

I totally know what you mean, Kellybean. Kellan had to cancel at the last minute (on Friday, first day of the Tour!) and he was the last Cullen to do so, since Jackson and Ashley already cancelled a few weeks before. We were all really bummed, but at least it was to film Eclipse! There's always next year. Oh wait, they'll probably be filming Breaking Dawn! :) I was hoping that it was just the Phoenix people who took one for the team and that the other Tours would get to see everyone. Anyway, I had a good time and I made some new friends so it was worth it to go. Not sure I would've paid the $260 for the Gold Pass though. I'm sort of glad none of the really big names were there (Rob, Kristen & Taylor), those girls would have torn each other limb from limb in order to get close, it would have been bloody mayhem. The director for Eclipse is on Twitter, I believe, you may want to follow in order to see how the filming is going and what Tour to hit.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Kellybean
Settled in Forks

Post by Kellybean »

We're doing the preferred package and now i'm glad we didn't buy the gold. I being optimistic that I will still enjoy myself. I mean it's Twilight! How can I not be happy surrounded by all that??!?!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
iycis
Settled in Forks

Post by iycis »

You'd think Summit would realize that it is in their best interest to keep the fans (who make them their money) happy. Two days off from filming is hardly the end of the world so that Kellan, Ashley, and Jax could be there. Go film a scene with Rob and KStew instead for goodness sake.

I'm glad I went to Comic Con in July. At least I got to see actors there.
iycis
Settled in Forks

Post by iycis »

Yesterday was hugely underwhelming and I was actually pretty bored. I'll be going back on Sunday. Hopefully it'll be a little better but I'm guessing not really.
bloodnoir
Settled in Forks

Post by bloodnoir »

I actually had a really good time. The two women beside me were awesome and we spent a good bit of time at the bar. Even had drinks with the guy from The Twilighters, Fred, while he was in a bathrobe lol.
Oddly, the high point for me and my daughter was the Hillywoods! They were awesome and so nice. I think both my daughter and I have developed a huge crush on Drew (Plays Jasper in Twilight spoof)
The wolf pack was so nice to my daughter when she got her picture taken with them and complimented her and just all around made her day.
I had my photo op with Edi and he took the time to talk to both me and my daughter before our pics.
Catherine was fun to listen to during her Q & A and even answered some questions during the autograph session which would explain why her line took soooo long to move. Gil put on a good performance during the Friday night concert, but again, it was the non actors - The Twlighters that really shined.
The ball...well, I honestly didn't love the ball or the way they handled the contests during the ball, but my daughter had a blast. I left around midnight and me and hubby went to the bar. Had more fun there than the ball.
I left early Sunday so I could do shopping in New York, so I didn't get to watch Justin or get his autograph, but I'm not terribly bummed about that. The wait for each row to be called took hours. I was 9 rows back and never got out of there in less than two hours. I have no idea how long it took for people 26 rows back!
Anywhoo, some of the friends I made there are contemplating going to the Arlington Va one next April. It's expensive, but seeing how happy it makes my daughter makes it worth it to me.
I'd post a pic but I have no clue how to do it here lol.

Cheers!
Sabrina
Kellybean
Settled in Forks

Post by Kellybean »

I was just wondering if anyone has volunteered for one of Creation's Twi Tour stops? My friends and I wanted to go to the Boston Twi Con next year but it's the weekend before Comic Con which we are planning on doing. We were thinking that volunteering may give us a way to save some money and still get to experience a little bit of the convention. Anybody have any info?
Long Lost Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Long Lost Cullen »

Back in May, I went all out with the NJ convention. I bought gold tickets for myself and a friend, photo ops, and spent a ton. Back then, Peter Facinelli, Jackson Rathbone, Billy Burke, Ashley Greene, Kellan Lutz, and Michael Welch were on board to be there at one of the few-and-far-between NJ Twilight events. It WAS made clear stars had the right to cancellation, and within weeks Peter Facinelli cancelled, his photo being replaced with Justin Chon's. FINE. Next, Billy Burke cancelled, being replaced by Catherine Hardwicke. Next was Jackson Rathbone, and sometime in between Michael Welch.

To make matters worse, a few DAYS before the convention EVERY star in the list cancelled, including Christian Serratos, who was posted just days prior to her cancellation. Now the whole list of stars was replaced with Gil Birmingham, a few wolves, and Laurent. I don't have a bit of an issue with any of these stars, but with the loss of every Cullen, I was disheartened with the whole event.

After a phone call with Creation Entertainment, I was told all cancellations were due to Eclipse filming, something that has never happened in the history of all Conventions they have had in the past. I am extremely disappointed that this happened, but hats off to Creation Entertainment for being so understanding, and for awarding a full refund for all the unused tickets without question. Another convention will be held in 2010 at the same location, so if no filming is going on, i may just give it another try.... ;-)

His Brand of Heroin,
LLC
BellasMommy
Settled in Forks

Post by BellasMommy »

I can't wait until the Arlington VA one. I read other posts about people canceling, and that would TOTALLY suck if anyone canceled at this one! Peter and Kellen are suppose to be there, but Eclipse is done filming so there shouldn't be any problems.

I'm driving seven hours from WV and I'm driving up the day before. So if anyone cancels at the last minute, I will not be a happy camper!

I'm sure it will be a blast though!

Can't wait!
DazzledMomma
Settled in Forks

Post by DazzledMomma »

I will be attending the Chicago TwiCon and can't wait!!! Anyone else going?? I would love to find others that are going to be there too!!