What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by CullensGirl14 »

navarre wrote:Many of you may not agree with this but I really loved Paramore and The Black Ghosts and Blue Foundation
I love Paramore too, although 'I Caught Myself' makes me think more of New Moon, and Bella and Jacob, i think it would've fitted better in there.

I also really would like to see more Muse there, maybe 'Hysteria' for when Bella is running through Volterra square looking for Edward.

Apart from that, the music that was on the Twilight album isn't stuff i'd normally listen too, yet i love the album, i listen to it every time i walk to work and home again lol, so i have no idea what else would fit really well...
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

Missing by Evanescence. and i agree, How to Save a Life by The Fray, and Memories by Within Tempation

rock on!!
Betting on Alice.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I think Lovefool by the Cardigans might be a good song for coming home from Italy with Edward. The one problem is, that song is far too happy-sounding for Super!Obsessed/DepressedBella. Its still a good song, though, and the lyrics fit Bella's mind. Its just too happy. *shrugs*
flo1190
Settled in Forks

Post by flo1190 »

i loved the soundtrack for twilight, especially Rob pattinson! dont care if you didnt but his music is so painful and real, i cry every time i listen to never think and let me sign.

okay for new moon i have my own lil (incomplete) playlist:

because of you - kelly clarkson ~bella's pov in the months following edward leaving
when you're gone - avril lavigne ~ditto
what about now - daughtry ~when they are reunited, bella's epiphany
save you - simple plan ~jacobs pov, seriously fits nm
almost lover - a fine frenzy ~bella's pv...seriously this HAS to be in the soundtrack
save you and already gone - kelly clarkson ~edwards pov after leaving bella

^please check these out guys
Team Emmett! Stronger than you since 1915.
so the lion fell in love with the lamb
"Alice sees him falling for a human. How classically Edward!"
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

I think Maria Taylor's song "Xanax" would work well for somewhere in Bella's zombie period or even when she believes she's drowning. It's a terrific song.

There are also a number of Au Revoir Simone songs from the album Still Night, Still Light that I think could fit well in with the movie. "The Last One", "Take Me As I Am" (possibly for Bella's feelings with Jacob as being damaged goods), "Organized Scenery" (could work for when Bella kicks out of her zombie state), "We Are Here" (I think works best with Jacob's feelings for Bella and Bella's surprise at needing Jacob so much), and "Trace a Line" (I think it best fits when Bella goes looking for the Cullen house or the meadow and doesn't find the proof of existence she was hoping for, but only the first half of the song).

Also, I think Imogen Heap's "Sleep" works really well for Bella's depression.

I'm interested to see what exactly gets on the soundtrack, and I'm glad I only have to wait about a month more to find out.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'm really excited to hear Death Cab for a Cutie's new song.
I think just by the title is sounds amazing.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

I learned that my fave band, MCR won't wite anything for the soundtrack, so it disappointed me. I hope the whole soundtrack won't disappoint me as well. But I try to think positive. :D
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
Amiee
Settled in Forks

Post by Amiee »

I don't know of any of you guys know James Blunt? Well, he has a song, Goodbye my lover. And I think it would be perfect for New Moon! And near to you and almost lover, from a fine frenzy. It's like they are wrote for New Moon! ;)
They say; 'Guns don't kill people. People kill people.'
Well, I think guns help. I mean, if you just stood there and yelled: 'Beng!'
Don't think you'll kill too many people, eh?
Alexis
Settled in Forks

Post by Alexis »

I'm sure the music has already been chosen for the soundtrack but Lifehouse's Storm for whatever.
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Forgive me if this has already been suggested, but I heard this song the other day in an Einstein Bros Bagels and fell in love with it.... Then the more I listened the more I thought it would be perfect for the way Edward feels about Bella.
It's called, "No one's gonna love you" By Band of Horses
The band actually sounds a lot like Death Cab for Cutie, whom I feel work perfect for New Moon!
here's a link to the song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93OTv6Cjk6U