Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House

ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House

Post by ForJazz926 »

"I just want to clarify that we're not mad at anyone."

Um...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That's hilarious. Um...<thicksarcasm> Thank GOODNESS! Gee, I'm so glad someone clarified that no one was MAD at anyone. I was so worried about that. Heaven forbid! </thicksarcasm>

Did anyone else think that was really funny and...condescending in a very "middle school" way? If I were in 5th grade, I might have actually been worried.

*shakes self off from the hilarity*

Anyhoo...set pics look great. I am so excited to see more. Boo Boo love!

Has anyone read Salacious Behavior and Earnest Speaking?

Image Image
rockbandstar
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by rockbandstar »

so I am backity- back back!
A few highlights from my trip to Las Vegas:
Seeing Thunder from Down Under :twisted: getting my picture with them, while sitting in their laps :lol:
Winning a hundred dollars on a spin on the Wizard of Oz machine
All the amazing food
Getting to spend some time with my amazing girls who I haven't seen in forever!

A funny story from the trip:

The first night there I came down with a really bad case of food poisoning from eating inproperly chilled airport food... I know I know I am so stupid... anyway I was nursing my first drink of the night when I realize that I didn't "feel right" and we began to make our way back down the strip to our hotel. We were almost back when I realized that I was going to puke... and I did so... several times... in the bushes... with a crowd... watching and cheering.

According to my friends this makes me hardcore :lol: :roll:

Although I was unable to log in I thought about you guys quite a bit as the trip was inundated with Unicorns... Every store we went into had something unicorn and it was displayed very prominently for everyone to see. I thought it was hillarious and my friends didn't get it... when I explained it to them it became a sort of game... "spot the unicorn." Definitely made shopping hillarious and very interesting ;)

I'm sad I missed saying goodbye to the Summer House... special thanks to Caryn for directing me in, well, the right direction. It seems like so much happened while I was gone! I love that there are already pics up from the Eclipse set and it makes me that much more impatient for New Moon to get here already! I am also LOVING the new tiny Robpics... When oh when will we get to see those full size?!

It was rather nice to get away for awhile and just relax, gamble, drink, and hang out. The weather was amazingly beautiful and it was so much fun. We even went to Coyote Ugly!

Now I must welcome the new thread... Rockbandstar way
Guitar Rob
Peaceful Rob
Singing
Robward
and of course
Sigh

I'm off to catch up on last nights True Blood... heard it was definitely something... I can't wait to watch it!

Neya
Last edited by rockbandstar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

From the previous thread, Toronto has something similar to a 'state fair'. We have the Canadian National Exhibition which goes from the last week of August to Labour Day in September. It's got all the tradition food stands and games and rides with questionable safety restraints plus tons of performances like the Iams Wonder Dogs, magicians, and hypnotists (my favourite). There's at least 3-4 huge convention sized buildings with arts & hobbies, farmers exhibits, clothing outlets, and home gadgets. Oh and the Toronto Star Food Building has a booth for just about every type of food you can think of! If you're ever here during that time period, it's worth checking out.

Ummm.. finally visited the Main site. A lot of Taylor news. Completely forgot he tested out of high school which means he can work adult hours without being 18 yet. Does this mean he's on the same academic level as me? :shock: I'm two years his senior. Way to make me feel dumb :?

There was also a post in which Gil Birmingham talked about how much he feels a responsibility to represent those who are wheelchair bound accurately.

“I did have a scene when we were congregating to get the search party ready to go look for Kristen. And then all of the sudden Sam comes out of the woods and everybody runs to him and Kristen and I realize I can’t go,” he explained. “Everybody takes off and I go, ‘Hey, hey!’”

The post goes on to talk about Alex Meraz doing a scene overly aggressive and holding Kristen by the throat. Everyone kinda freaked out and he apologized to her. She said it was cool for him to take the kind of risk as an actor and if Chris liked it, they'd do the scene again.

Those two stories stuck out to me. If you wanna read the whole post, here it is.

**EDIT** Welcome back Neya! Your trip sounded awesome. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. You're still hardcore. GREAT pic of Bella and Edward. We haven't seen that yet.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

Pardon the double post (and my extremely long one above) I just had to share.

Forgive me?
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Just popping in to say goodnight to everyone :)

Tracy - I did get to relax when I got home. Fell asleep with my bf as a pillow :D Then woke up and watched a soccer game where my team won 4-1. And I had ice cream and hot chocolate. So all in all a good night.
I am 9 hours ahead of you if you're in LA, 6 hours ahead of NY.

Neya - Your trips sounds great. As for public puking...I've been there too. Except the cheering :lol:

Jen - That is so great that Gil is setting the focus on Billy's disability. I think he plays his part perfectly, btw, and he does a good representation of Billy Black.
Double posting is always allowed when you add pictures like that :D

Julie - I haven't read Salacious Behavior and Earnest Speaking. I found a story on ff by ThisColony. Assume it's that one. I'll add it to my list and take look at it. I have so many on my list that I have reading until next summer, I think.

I was just looking at the pictures from the Rob calendar on robsessed. I think January and September are my favorites. He looks funny in December, which my birthday month.

Sleeping time for the European. Have a great night!
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Kris, I actually don't mind the heat too much. It's only 95º right now, supposed to get up to 103º. But I was born and raised in Southern Cali, so after 25 years I'm pretty used to it. I'm definitely not built for the Midwest or anywhere up north. I cannot even fathom 60ºF in August. :shock: :? That is how cold we get in the middle of winter.

Sandy, were you totally disappointed with last night's TB episode? They butchered everything! Especially the queen. Sophie-Anne is supposed to be very serious and blunt, not cracking lame jokes all day. I hated the way Evan Rachel Wood portrayed her. :roll: The only saving grace for that show is Alexander as Eric. And no, I haven't read any spoilers for next season. I've read a few things they hinted at in magazines like EW, but that's it. So I'm dying to know what you've heard! Tell me, tell me.

Caryn, I agree I think KStew's (possible) tat is all her, and not for the JJ movie. Especially after comparing the two, and seeing they look nothing alike from what I can tell.

Neya - ewwww, Thunder from Down Under? :| I'm sorry, but those guys just freak me the hell out. Especially when I see their billboards along the freeway. Call me a freak, if you wish. I don't care. This kind of body and definitely this (Jackson) are much more to my liking.

Trine, I'm eating lunch and you're off to bed. LOL Good night.
Image Image
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well all the pictures of Rob are great as always. Is it me or since I have so many pictures I just seeing things that are not there. I know Rob looks so much happier with Kristen and the Twilight movies, and I am also seeing a lot of frustration in his eyes from the paparazzi and how he can't go anywhere without his bodyguards or a private date with it being all over the tabloids the next day. I just don't want this media attention to have a backlash that it ruins Rob's career, his personality and his personal life. In his new car and that picture with the green hoodie on you can see it in his eyes. Is this just me or does anyone else see it too. I look over so many pics of Rob for video's and my website so I just see that in his eyes.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*finally finishes unpacking and airing out room*

Sorry I haven't really been here since the thread was opened. I have been reading my ar - I mean butt off to try and catch up with fanfics. (I still have 17 more in my inbox waiting for me.)

Laura, Caryn, and anyone else who talked about this~Thank you for rather wanting to keep us in the underage category than get to use the foul language. And yes, Laura, I can deal with the language when I post those gifs that you speak of. Really, I think anyone who can read WA and not freak out should/would be okay with what we say on here.

Kristiner~I believe that we already somewhat have a secret language over here what with 'unicorns' or 'snorkling/seaweed'. :lol: But at least then we wouldn't get into any more trouble with the mods.

Kris's tatt~I agree that it doesn't look anything like Joan's. Maybe part of the reason Kris kept unbuttoning those pants on The Runaways set was because her tat was new and it hurt a bit for her pants to be that tight? And they would have covered it up with make-up since its not the same as Joan's for the movie - and Joan may have gotten the tat AFTER the timeline that The Runaways has. *shrugs* Other than that I have no other theories for it. Rob and Kristen (she talks about The Runaways even though she never says the name) and Stephenie. :D

Diane~I don't think its just you. Especially since we have started seeing pics from the Eclipse set and the paps vids/pics of him out and about in Couve I see it too. Its almost to the point where I wish he could have just stayed in London working at that theater and doing indie movies like How To Be and Little Ashes. Almost.

Neya~your trip sounded like it was fun - besides the puking in the bushes that is.

And I was saving this for my second post over here because we all needed to christian the new thread and unpack from the move from the Summer House...
I had a Rob dream. :D

Basically what happened was I was 18 (so its basically set a couple years from now) and I lived in London, but went to visit a friend I knew in Vancouver for a few months and something happened and I didn't have the money to go back to London so I took up a waitressing job. Then Rob comes in with KStew, Taylor, Jackson, Kellan, and Ashley. I happen to be the one to wait on them and Rob was saying something about how he hated all the paps and everything - basically just wishing he could be "normal" for once. Everyone at the table was agreeing with him and then Jackson looked up at me. I was sadly smiling down at Rob thinking about how happy he would be if that could happen - and Jackson got this odd look on his face with this little smile and then said something in Rob's ear. Eventually they all had ate and were getting ready to leave. Rob came up to pay the bill and asked if I wanted to go to a local pub with him. I said sure and left and somehow the second he went out the door of the resturant no one knew that he was famous anymore. Finally we figured out that as long as he had physical contact with me he was essentially invisible. And then I was woken up by my cellphone right in the middle of me meeting his parents about a month after the whole resturant thing.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I missed the picture of Kris' tat - where's it at?

Image Image
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

i have to post in here so this topic will come up on my "view your posts". does anyone know when the LA premiere of New Moon is gonna happen? i'm assuming the 16th, since the film comes out the 20th.

heres my contribution to this thread

ok, so someone already posted that. heres an old vid of rob. this is when i first saw him as edward cullen and i melted to pieces.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1