Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

funkidiva wrote:Ive just had the latest edition of Glamour Magazine delivered (UK version) and they did a poll a while back looking for the top 30 looking male celebs and the results are in. Guess who was number 1 accordong to the readers - Robert Pattinson! He is a good looking guy but I cant believe he knocked Johnny Depp off the top spot to number 2.
As much as I love, adore and admire Robert... I really do think the reasons behind him winning all these hottest male celebs polls is because he is incredibly famous and he's just at the top right now. He really is gorgeous and I don't have anything against him (like I said, I really admire him, if not I wouldn't be in this thread haha), but like you said, funkidiva, he knocked many, many hotter actors off.

And now I have no idea if that made any sense.... :s
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:
funkidiva wrote:Ive just had the latest edition of Glamour Magazine delivered (UK version) and they did a poll a while back looking for the top 30 looking male celebs and the results are in. Guess who was number 1 accordong to the readers - Robert Pattinson! He is a good looking guy but I cant believe he knocked Johnny Depp off the top spot to number 2.
As much as I love, adore and admire Robert... I really do think the reasons behind him winning all these hottest male celebs polls is because he is incredibly famous and he's just at the top right now. He really is gorgeous and I don't have anything against him (like I said, I really admire him, if not I wouldn't be in this thread haha), but like you said, funkidiva, he knocked many, many hotter actors off.

And now I have no idea if that made any sense.... :s
I guess Rob is new and his personality just grab the public and its good to have someone like that and not some drunken, drugy from Hollywood. I love Johnny Depp!!! But right now Roberts my fav. I love Brad Pitt but again I give my vote to Rob. I hope through all of this attention he stays humble and clean. :D
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I love Johnny Depp and Rob. Choosing a favorite between the two of them is almost impossible. But if I were to vote now I would put Rob first and Johnny as nr 2. Simply because Rob is a lot younger and has more of a young look about him. I still think that Johnny Depp is one of the most beautiful men on the planet, and I grew up with his movies and have always been a huge fan. So they are basically in a tie for me, but I would go for Rob now. Ten years ago..it would be Johnny Depp..But Rob was about 13 ten years ago..So that didn't really make sense :roll:

I also understand why a lot of people would vote for him. He is the one of the hottest stars at the moment. His face is everywhere at the moment. And he plays Edward Cullen - the very incarnation of beauty. And I also think that Rob appeals to a large agespan of people.

I like his akwardness and he is so funny. And the hair.... :shock: Perfect hair. So I think he just basically attracts people.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

I just finished watching Little Ashes. I didn't realise Roberts ability until now I think. I do like him as Edward and as Cedric, but this was just a whole other level. The boy has talent.
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

why was it so hard for me to find this thread???
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Is it a bad thing that I don't think I have been here since the big boot from the Mods?

I see we are talking Rob vs. Johnny a bit. Hmm...I cant decide. Loved Johnny since i saw From Hell and loved Rob since I saw HP 4. I do find it kinda funny how they are somewhat complete opposites though outside of picking interesting characters when auditioning for roles.

Jaime~Its because we rarely come on this thread anymore. There is an adult thread now that most of us (if not all of us) are on for Rob because we basically got kicked off here by the Mods. They even temporarily locked the thread. The new one is called Adult Thread--Rob's Halfway House. Some of us (like Kristiner) are still there from the last time you were on. It seems like ages ago.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

I think I might be the only Twilight fan that doesn't like Robert Pattinson. Don't get me wrong, I adore him as Edward, I think he does a great job, and he's way hot as edward, I want to sop him up with a biscuit! But Rob as Rob....well honestly he weirds me out. I just get the vibe that he's one of those stuck-up, snobby guys that do everything possible to keep from being considered "main-stream" I can't really pass judgement, cuz I haven't actually met him...but I just don't get a good vibe from him....that and he always looks so grungy...I think he's made jokes about it in interviews how he never washes his hair, or his clothes, or takes showers...but I think it has a little truth to it....ick...I guess my military background has influenced me a lot in this matter, but I can't stand a guy who has no personal hygiene habits. That's just me, though.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

^^
I think he's really introverted which is why he comes off snobby. I studied a lot of behavioral sciences in school and if you watch him give interviews he really kind of sucks at it. He stutters, looks away from the interviewer, gives the same answers almost every time etc. That isn't the sign of arrogance.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I agree, Amanda Beth. I think Rob is probably a very private person. Not shy, but like you say, introverted. He feels uncomfortable in the spotlight. And it seems like really doesn't know what to say when asked questions while girls are asking him to bite him. So I think it's a sign of him just trying to just be Rob in the midst of all the attention, and not really knowing how the be himself. I find him to seem more relaxed in the interviews we've seen with him and Kristen.
I like his jokes, and I think he's a funny guy. He just doesn't like being the center of attention. And you also see that clearly when the papz are after him. He holds his head down and never smiles. Clearly a lot more uncomfortable with the attention, than for instance Taylor.

As for the hygiene stuff...I really don't think there is much truth to it. I think the man is clean :lol:

Ashley - Nice to see you here. I was never on here before you guys were kicked out. I went straight to the madness in the Halfway House. This place is very quiet. I guess people will be around here more when NM comes out.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I used to chat in the halfway house but then it was locked every time I tried to go in and ive not tried again recently as got fed up of not being able to go in. Why do the mods lock certain threads? They should notify members before they lock a thread and inform us when it will be open again. Frustrating
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."