Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Alistair

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss Alistair, the European Nomadic vampire.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
cynb
Settled in Forks

Re: Alistair

Post by cynb »

Alistair was one of my favorite characters in BD, and we didn't actually see a whole lot of him. He reminded me of a paranoid conspiracy theorist and I couldn't get enough of his snide comments and mutterings. I am really intersted in more of his past and learning about why exactly he is that way, what era did he come from and do you think that has anything to do with it?
Today is NOT your day to be the Dictator.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

The book said he considered Carlisle once of his best "aquauntinces", so he must not be very friendly, that is just what I am guessing, and the other vampires in the gathering didn't seem to take an interest to him.
robin baby
Settled in Forks

Post by robin baby »

I keep wondering if he might be modelled after Alastor Moody from the Harry Potter books, a little bit at least? He's certainly moody... ;)
I like him too, though. He's kind of funny, with his muttering and shuffling about in the attic.
"Once or twice in a lifetime there are quests that require all we have to give, and more."

ava by loleiasbits
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

robin baby wrote:I keep wondering if he might be modelled after Alastor Moody from the Harry Potter books, a little bit at least? He's certainly moody... ;)
I like him too, though. He's kind of funny, with his muttering and shuffling about in the attic.

That is an interesting thought. You coul dbe right, moody wasn't like by much, except a few induviduals, so this Allistair could be partially based on that Allistair! :D
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

cynb wrote:Alistair was one of my favorite characters in BD, and we didn't actually see a whole lot of him. He reminded me of a paranoid conspiracy theorist and I couldn't get enough of his snide comments and mutterings. I am really intersted in more of his past and learning about why exactly he is that way, what era did he come from and do you think that has anything to do with it?
You hit my opinion spot on!

I do think his era had something to do with it. I'm not sure which era he comes from, but it's quite possible that during his time, he faced a run of conspiracies, much like the time UFO's started appearing in the newspapers. People from those days are still talking about how the government is responsible for the UFO's.
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

Alistair was my favorite new vampire introduced in BD. I liked his character...don't really know why. I was mad when he didn't stick around.

and about him being like that guy from HP, yes, that's what i thought too, he was pretty paranoid :lol:
ImageImageImage
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Alistair was my favorite new vampire as well. I also wish that he hadn't bolted (for purely selfish reasons - I wanted to see more of him), but imagine how things must have looked to him peeking out the attic window. He had been promised that the Cullens didn't want a confrontation and he would just be asked to witness. Then he looks out and sees all these vampires training and practicing their abilities in the backyard. I understand why the Cullens needed to prepare for a battle even if they didn't want one, but it must have really unnerved poor Alistair to witness all that commotion. Plus seeing the Volturi's old enemies Vladimir and Stefan show up. No wonder he ran.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Wrathhh
Settled in Forks

Post by Wrathhh »

robin baby wrote:I keep wondering if he might be modelled after Alastor Moody from the Harry Potter books, a little bit at least? He's certainly moody... ;)
I thought that too- with the paranoia and all of that. The first thing I thought of when I read his name was 'Ugh! Where have I heard that name before!' because it had been so long since I read HP. (But I'm torturing myself, I have to read the HP series before I'm even allowed to touch Twilight :cry:) So when I got to GOF, that was the first thing I noticed about Moody.
But yes, it is quite possible with personality and whatnot
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

i found something funny in an orca soundings books one of the main characters names are alistair cullen :shock: :o weird eh.
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN