Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

^^that sounds like me nd my friend on the phone. She really does have pretty silver-y eyes.

Once we were just randomly talking about our randomly awesome friends and she told me to pick an animal (I of course chose kitten) and she said "No, I mean you're sweet and fluffy like a kitten all hugable and adorable and you make people go 'aaawwwwwwwwww' but you're really more like a Viper than a kitten when it comes down to it. A kitten bats a paw and looks cute and you want to hug it, but you could kill someone with a look if you wantd to."

I wasn't sure if she was comparing me to medusa or the Basilisk at that point.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Starless*Eyes
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: "Doctor, Doctor, I've got an emergency. It seems I'm head over heels, a case of L-O-V-E."

Post by Starless*Eyes »

I'm pretty sure I might have mentioned this before, but what the heck. One time I was at my friend's birthday and me, her and her boyfriend(now ex-boyfriend, but he's kinda like a brother to me) were chilling outside at night. My friend and I were playing and making weird shadows when all of a sudden the guy says to me "you know, your hips are so curvy." There was an awkward silence because then he was staring at my hips and it was weird because his girlfriend/my friend was just standing there. And she's stick thin. It's a good thing it was dark out because I probably turned bright red.

and another time with the same guy, this happened this year. I was wearing a flowy top from American Eagle and I don't usually wear girly clothing like that nevermind brand clothing. So I was joking around saying that it was my preggers shirt because it could hide a bulging belly if I were pregnant. Then the guy says "oh that's okay." It was like..um, so this shirt makes me look pregnant? gee thanks.
i.heart.Garrett.Hedlund.
"...How I hated to go back to my house, to hide in the dark and pretend to sleep while so many were dying."-Carlisle Cullen<3 Team Carlisle
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Someone at camp told me I would look good with make-up on, but it a good way. :? Is there such a thing?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I've been told that I'm "too nice." Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Probably bad, since I'm a bit of push over and don't know when to say no. :\
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
IluvEdward27
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by IluvEdward27 »

Ok, this isn't really my compliment, but my friends sister got a text from this guy that liked her. It said something along the lines of, "I have no meaning with out Bailey, she is my will my life, ect." And we were just reading the text, (Yes her sister is one of my friends we weren't just reading her texts) and we all looked up at each other like WTF. It was a lot creeper if you were there.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I got complimented that I look like a girl from a Jane Austen book. Beat that Bella, I get it everyday from people who aren't my mom.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

i've never really been strangely complimented that i know of.
-.-
and if it happened i probably wasn't paying attention. :|
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

That I have a voice that is fit for a 900-number. Sweet, no?
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

My friend has been carrying on about me being "mature for my age" and how I "always have a higher thinking level." I'm super glad she thinks so. It's not everyday you get compliments like that. But then again, she also said that I'm "too mature and need to act my age" and my maturity "scares her." :lol:
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

The other day I had the following conversation with a girl I work with.

Her: "Hey, you're single right?"
Me: "Yeah. Why?"
Her: "Well, my boyfriend's in jail right now and his friends in there want to know if I have any cute, single friends that would be willing to write them."
Me: *raises eyebrow* "Uh ... thanks for the compliment, but -- hell, no."
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!