Gen X---The Thirty-Something Thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen X---The Thirty-Something Thread

Post by twilightmom »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SKYLARBLUE!!
You beat me to posting! Some very smart words for such a lovely, young lady! ;)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Happy Birthday SkylarBlue!!!

Very great words indeed. I firmly believe we are only as old as we feel, as we have the ability to play! Age is in the heart. Thanks to all of you, I'll always be young! :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Hey everyone! I'm Misty...and I just turned 30...I'm really tight with the peeps at the 20 something thread, but decided to jump in here too!

Anyway, Hi!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Hi Misty! Wow, the big 30. Congratulations. I think I have seen your name on a lot of banners. You must have skillz with the graphics. You can tell I'm old by the use of the word "skillz". Just kidding. I'm Brooke and I'm 37. I have 2 girls and a husband who is an anesthesiologist. I have discovered books in my 30's and am glad I have. They are way more fun than the hours of daytime tv I was watching. Anything to procrastinate what really needs to be done. Heehee. I'm glad you are tight with the 20 somethings. It is good to do both. Spread the love...
by Laniyeah on photobucket
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Hey Bac! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Yes, I am the name in a lot of banners...I have fun playing around with them. If anyone wants one lemme know :)
I have 3 boys...5, 4, and 17 months. Ive always wondered what it's be like with girls....lol
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Welcome MRK, feel free to "float the line"! I'm Una, 33 and I'm working on my hubby and I's first baby, a boy! I'm 25 weeks today, so far so good. I found Twilight a few years ago and I'm so grateful to my coworker for it. Through Twilight, I rekindled my love of reading, learned that not all romance is awful and traumatizing, and it helped to make/find some wonderful people here on the Lex that I call friends! It opened a new world to me to which I will always be grateful!

Welcome and don't miss the Heavenly Hash and Gutter threads, you are more than welcome to join us there on those adult threads as well!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Welcome MRK, we talked a long time ago, I think it was like when you first joined the Lex but anywho welcome here to the Gen X thread. You will love everyone here, they are a great bunch of people.

So, since we are doing introductions, I'm Shannon, 38 (shhhhh don't tell anyone, lol), a single mother of a teenage boy (eeeeek), he's 13 and actually pretty calm and collected for a teenager. Thank God!

I actually came to the whole Twilight saga late. All 4 books were out by the time I decided to begin them. Actually I had Twilight sitting around for about a month before I decided to read it and then couldn't get enough. After joining the Lex, I have met some wonderful people that I'm glad to call my friends and who have turned me on to some WONDERFUL book series.

I would definitely recommend you stopping by the Hash and Gutter threads like una suggested cause there are more great people over there and great topics of discussion going on.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I started reading the series kind of late too...I only had to wait for Breaking Dawn to come out!! And only a few days at that!! Wohoo!

Speaking of the gutter thread...has anyone read "Wide Awake" fanfic here? I just started to read it and *whew* is all Im sayin!
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

Hi to everyone from Nicaragua, my name is Yadira, am just turn 36,proud of it, i wouldnt trade for anything what i have lived, not even the hard and painfull moments cause specially those make me who i am.

Twilight came to my life at the beggining of January this year, so i didnt have to wait for BD, this saga have changed dramatically my nights,no other book have keep me awake till 7 am from a friday afternoon to a saturday morning, Breaking Dawn did it!!! and i have to read the e-book edition cause here no bookstore have it yet, my eyes were burning, but it was worthy!!!

So, now am here on lexicon, what it could be better than this??? a holy place for all of us who love Twilight Saga,it is like heaven on earth, all people here are just so sweet, i love this place, make me feel like am belong to a huge family.

Thanks to everybody for being just like you are, Yadira.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi, girls! I'm finally back after the wedding and relocation madness...hope you all behaved while I was gone!!! I put pics on my fb profile but am thinking of uploading them of photobucket as well so you can all see them.

Welcome Misty!!!! It's good to see you in here as well...there are great people in here.

Welcome Yanira...it's so exciting to have people from all over the world on the threads. I'm Chiara from Italy. I've recetly turned 30 and gotten married: what a change :lol: I teach Spanish and English in junior high but I'm working hard to switch to college since I completed a Ph.D in postcolonial literature some months ago.

Una I didn't know you were pregnant...congratulations, hun. That's definitely fantastic news!!!!

Random news for everybody:
1) Hubby is reading BD now. He got hooked by the series and is really excited about the new movie...I'm so proud of him :mrgreen:
2) I missed The Time Traveler's Wife in theaters...was it any good?
3) We finally booked and confirmed our honeymoon in Peru. It costed a fortune but some people contributed instead of buying us the umpteenth set of plates orvase :lol:
4) The local library bought the first three books of The Vampire diaries...has anybody read any of them? Are they worth reading? I'm reading a sort of historical fiction about Mayans but it's really slow and not interesting at all...
5) I'm not working with the mad head of studies any more. Since I went way up in the local waiting list for school I got a proposal from another school which is better than the previous one. The pay is lil lower but the hour load is fair and the head of studies very clever and collaborative. Unfortunately, I must confess the kids too are "better"...less bullies and more kids with a solid family background, which helps a lot!!! I'll give you more news along the way...need to go now.

Well, I guess it's enough for an "homecoming" message. I hope everyone is well...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...