Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by Edward_Addict »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
Edward_Addict wrote: I could deal with hair that's technically blonde instead of light brown, but the ridiculously heavy eye makeup is just too much.
There are things, like the hair colour, not matching how I saw it when I was reading the book, but like you the eye makeup is a bit much. Dakota is a pretty girl, but that makeup she has on so doesn't work for the character.

IMO, the movie needs to find someone else in the H&M department. There's only so much a person can take.
Exactly.

I know some people think the black-lined eyes are supposed to make Dakota look more evil, but I think the red contacts do a pretty good job of that on their own. Too much extraneous stuff is overkill.

I agree about the H&M team. Especially after Jackson's horrible wig in NM. Yuck.
I shudder at the thought of what they're going to put on Kristen, since she'll need a wig for Eclipse. It better look damn good.
Image Image
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

I can't get over that they left her hair blonde! We aren't THAT dumb! What do they think we won't notice?
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I actually always pictured Jane as a blonde anyway lol.
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

^^ That's funny, because she's clearly described as having light brown hair.
Image Image
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Yes, I'm aware of that... but just because the author says a character looks a certain way doesn't mean our imaginations work the same. I guess they describe her as chid-like so often and I must subconsciously correlate blonde with innocence/child? Who knows :)
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I think Dakota looks great as Jane. She has the seriousness to pull of the role i think. Whenever i read the books before Twilight even turned into a movie I always imagined Dakota as Jane anyway...
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

^^Agreed.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I always imagened Jane as a blonde and looking very much like Dakota Fanning.
I normally don't like celebs being casted for roles like this, but she lies so close to what I pictured I'm very curious about it.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

I think she'll do a good job. She's one of my favorite child actresses. And her ending line in the 3rd NM trailer is delivered really good, IMO.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Dakota is a fantastic actress! She is so incredibly talented (my fave child star in Hollywood)... She'll be great as Jane! She looks so creepy on the pics and in the trailers (and yet so pretty)! I so can't wait to see her! :)