Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kmom95
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Extras

Post by kmom95 »

Why not do NM from Alice/ Edward POV then Eclipse from Jasper/Edward and Breaking Dawn from Rosalie/Edward? We get a bit of each in a back story but not really enough to satisfy my appitite
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

The Narcotics outtake was kinda cute, but mostly silly. However, I LOVED the Scholarship outtake. I thought it was absolutely perfect. I don't think it would have fit well in the book, but as additional reading, it's perfect. I'm afraid it would have ruined the mood of the book if it had been kept. Still, it cracks me up, the lengths he goes to to get her that money, knowing full well she doesn't want anyone's financial help.

As everyone has said, the Rosalie and Edward perspective extras are brilliant. I never would have expected to see something from Rosalie's head, so that was a great treat. And just to know a little bit of what Edward was really doing and feeling when away was more than I could have asked for. Of course, that doesn't stop me hoping for more...
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
arieonna
Settled in Forks

Post by arieonna »

I thought at one time I read somewhere on this site that SM had wrote in for a fan story contest [or something like that] about the call that went on between Rose and Alice, from Rose's point of view. Did anyone eles see that or am I getting it mixed up with something eles?
Asheleyo

Post by Asheleyo »

arieonna wrote:I thought at one time I read somewhere on this site that SM had wrote in for a fan story contest [or something like that] about the call that went on between Rose and Alice, from Rose's point of view. Did anyone eles see that or am I getting it mixed up with something eles?
Yeah, this is what she said:

Funny story--I actually wrote this piece as a practical joke. I read about the Twilight Fanfiction site's "Take a walk in my shoes" contest, and I mentioned to Alphie (of Lexicon fame) that maybe I would enter something, just joking around. She told me it would never work, Pelirroja would spot my entry in a second. I bet that Pel wouldn't catch me, and Alphie bet that she would. SO I wrote this little portion of New Moon from Rosalie's point of view (it was quite an interesting experience being in Rosalie's head!) and sent it off, giggling to myself. In the end, the joke was on me. My entry was lost in cyberspace and Pel never saw it. So I guess Alphie and I will never have a resolution for our bet...unless Twilight Fanfiction has another contest...

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
flo1190
Settled in Forks

Post by flo1190 »

when i read 'rosalie's news' i got so so upset.
i hated rosalie so much - she seemed really evil on the phone! and edward just made me so depressed.
it made me realise tht if sm released new moon in his perspective i honestly wouldnt be able to handle it.

then i read miscalculation.
after that my complete judgement of rosalie changed. i understood the reasons why she called - it genuinely wasnt her fault- and i felt like i understood her more as a character
Team Emmett! Stronger than you since 1915.
so the lion fell in love with the lamb
"Alice sees him falling for a human. How classically Edward!"
Asheleyo

Post by Asheleyo »

Do you think they'll include any of these extra viewpoints in the movie? Like maybe as a flashback for Edward or something? I would love that!

ariadnee
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ariadnee »

Many moons ago on this forum, Jazz Girl and I discussed writing the section of New Moon where Edward is away from Bella as a fanfic. I wrote what I could, asked Jazz Girl to edit it, and posted it here:

http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story ... &chapter=1

I felt it appropriate to complete the discussion where it started. Thanks for listening.

-Ariadnee
"None of us can choose where we will love." - Erik, from Susan Kay's Phantom

I've written an Edward POV fanfic for New Moon: http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story ... &chapter=1
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ariadnee wrote:Many moons ago on this forum, Jazz Girl and I discussed writing the section of New Moon where Edward is away from Bella as a fanfic. I wrote what I could, asked Jazz Girl to edit it, and posted it here:

http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story ... &chapter=1

I felt it appropriate to complete the discussion where it started. Thanks for listening.

-Ariadnee
Andit is, if I do say so, fantastic. Absolutely, read!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Persephonie wrote:ok... now I definitly wish there was a New Moon companion book with Edward's perspective.... *sigh*
I don't... Edward's story is too depressing in New moon... I want a happier place... like a young smily boy who falls in love with a zombish girl and then turns into a werewolf :D :lol:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I think that New Moon from Alice's point of view would be quite good :)
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.