General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob and Bella's changing relationship

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i agree with absolutely everything you just said!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
britt08
Settled in Forks

Post by britt08 »

i really do not understand how jacob was able to stick around for so long and deal with everything that bella was putting him through. this post is not pro bella and jacob this is going to be my rant about how bella pretty much just kept on kicking jacob while he was down.

so first off when she meets and hangs out with him she decides to try her hand at being coy and flirt until he gives up some information that she was craving. personally there is nothing wrong with flirting...sort of. but jacob being younger and less mature took things a lot differently and thought that she was actually in to him when really she was busy obsessing with the ever alluring edward....but of course who could blame her???

then in new moon when edward leaves bella the first person she turns to, after months of grieving of course is jacob black. first though her intentions are completely innocent she wants him to help her fix up her bike so that she will be able to better keep her mind of edward. Eventually bella starts spending almost all of her free time with jacob, this starts to send him signals that maybe she is getting over edward and is now ready to move on and be with some one else((jacob of course)) but really in her mind she is stil grieving and keeps chillen with jake to try and heal the huge hole in her. Jacob tries to do the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing with bella and the worst part is...she lets him, and goes along with it.

but you know of course they are just friends and jacob knows that just as well as bella. uh no i dont think so. jacob is completely and...at the moment, irreversibaly in love with her. and she sits and goes along with the cherade.

then edward comes back and its good bye jacob, hello my true love. ummm say what?!?!?! dont get me wrong i am happy edward came back but if i were jacob here is how i would have seen things. well first this guy leaves you in the middle of the woods and your heart is completely broken, you come to me for some help mending and i do my part and you showed me affection right back now this guy comes waltzing right back in to your life and now you wouldnt even give me a second look.

to me bella knew she had his heart and she liked it. its a power thing to know that at any moment you could have someone just answer to your every whim and love doing it? its messed up she played him and hurt him. i always liked jacob for some reason and i still like bella. i just do not like what she did to jacob.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

britt08 wrote:i really do not understand how jacob was able to stick around for so long and deal with everything that bella was putting him through. this post is not pro bella and jacob this is going to be my rant about how bella pretty much just kept on kicking jacob while he was down.

so first off when she meets and hangs out with him she decides to try her hand at being coy and flirt until he gives up some information that she was craving. personally there is nothing wrong with flirting...sort of. but jacob being younger and less mature took things a lot differently and thought that she was actually in to him when really she was busy obsessing with the ever alluring edward....but of course who could blame her???

then in new moon when edward leaves bella the first person she turns to, after months of grieving of course is jacob black. first though her intentions are completely innocent she wants him to help her fix up her bike so that she will be able to better keep her mind of edward. Eventually bella starts spending almost all of her free time with jacob, this starts to send him signals that maybe she is getting over edward and is now ready to move on and be with some one else((jacob of course)) but really in her mind she is stil grieving and keeps chillen with jake to try and heal the huge hole in her. Jacob tries to do the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing with bella and the worst part is...she lets him, and goes along with it.

but you know of course they are just friends and jacob knows that just as well as bella. uh no i dont think so. jacob is completely and...at the moment, irreversibaly in love with her. and she sits and goes along with the cherade.

then edward comes back and its good bye jacob, hello my true love. ummm say what?!?!?! dont get me wrong i am happy edward came back but if i were jacob here is how i would have seen things. well first this guy leaves you in the middle of the woods and your heart is completely broken, you come to me for some help mending and i do my part and you showed me affection right back now this guy comes waltzing right back in to your life and now you wouldnt even give me a second look.

to me bella knew she had his heart and she liked it. its a power thing to know that at any moment you could have someone just answer to your every whim and love doing it? its messed up she played him and hurt him. i always liked jacob for some reason and i still like bella. i just do not like what she did to jacob.

wasn't Jacob then, as much in the wrong by pushing Bella to pick him when he knew he hadn't (and therefore would have no chance of) imprinting on her. What would happen then?
Oh Bella leave Edward for me I'll never leave...
Ok Jake
Whoops I imprinted...my bad...
lol
they were using each other!
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

MRK wrote:snip

wasn't Jacob then, as much in the wrong by pushing Bella to pick him when he knew he hadn't (and therefore would have no chance of) imprinting on her. What would happen then?
Ok Jake
lol
Jake wouldn't have imprinted. Nessie wouldn't have been born. As for the possibility of him imprinting, it was still considered a rare thing in the tribe so it was no more a risk than choosing a vampire for a mate.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

cataclysm wrote:
MRK wrote:snip

Ok Jake
lol
Jake wouldn't have imprinted. Nessie wouldn't have been born. As for the possibility of him imprinting, it was still considered a rare thing in the tribe so it was no more a risk than choosing a vampire for a mate.
Not to drag it out...but Jake didnt know he was gonna imprint on Bella's daughter...AND by the time he up and kissed her, everyone had pretty much imprinted but him...he even said it must be more common then they thought. Now, I know he thought he wouldn't find that someone he would imprint with...but the possibility was there...so how could he promise to NEVER leave her. A little selfish on his part too...it wasn't just Bella..
iLUVbd94
Settled in Forks

Post by iLUVbd94 »

Okay. So for the majority of the series I had a nasty hatred of Jake. I liked him in Twilight, when he was still just some kid, just another human boy with a crush on Bella. This was easy enough because EVERYONE had a crush on Bella! I even felt sorry for him when Bella pretended to flirt with him and his dad sent him to prom to warn Bella about the Cullens (even though she already knew, like, EVERYTHING by then).
But then in New Moon my burning hate for Jacob began. He always seemed so PUSHY and OVERLY CONFIDENT! ICK! I hated when he would try to get Bella to be in love with him back. Personally, If I went to a guy friend and I was in a really depressed mood after my heart was just RIPPED OUT OF MY VERY CHEST, I would be extremely annoyed if they started to hit on me! I think that would just be really rude! I could barely wait for any one of the vamps to come back because I knew it would mean that there would be less of Jake's persistent puppy dog crush (haha! I mean that literally!). I had a small amount of respect for him when he was with the pack and he was trying to be protestive of Bella when Vicky kept swooping in. I also liked him more BEFORE he turned into a werewolf, which just made me even more annoyed because I'd rather be annoyed with him THERE than have Bella go into her coma again because she was lonely.
Same goes for Eclipse. Plus I wanted to THROW THE FRIGGIN BOOK OUT MY WINDOW when Bella and Jake kissed and she LIKED IT :evil: ? The thing when she saw their future children or whatever was so ICKY! Yeah, I didn't like that she enjoyed it or that he practically FORCED her to kiss him... Isn't that some version of rape? No? Well, it should be!
But then in BD I started to...like! there I said it!...him. It all started in that last section at the end of Eclipse that gave me a better look at him. You know, that part from his perspective when he was talking to Leah? Yeah, I liked seeing through his perspective and it DEFINATELY gave me a better understanding of pretty much what makes him tick, personality-wise. Still, when he showed up at the wedding it seemed more like he was just a really good friend (with benefits 8-) ) even a best friend to Bella rather than another person she might be in love with. The feelings she felt for him then were STRICTLY friendly (at least thats how I saw it). Then when she was pregnant and she was so happy to see him all the time I recently remembered that thats probably because Renesmee could sense him and she was happy too so it was doubled! I always thought that Jake's love for Bella rested within the mini-egg-form-of-nessie inside of her, so that it always seemed like he should have imprinted on her but Bella wasn't QUITE the right one. Renesmee is like the best of both worlds, a revised version of both Bella and Edward and I was really happy when she was born and Jake imprinted on her!
YAY! Then everything was right with the world and Bella and Jake could go back to being like best-buddy-sibiling-types!

that was much to long...SORRY! :?
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

MRK wrote:
Not to drag it out...but Jake didnt know he was gonna imprint on Bella's daughter...AND by the time he up and kissed her, everyone had pretty much imprinted but him...he even said it must be more common then they thought. Now, I know he thought he wouldn't find that someone he would imprint with...but the possibility was there...so how could he promise to NEVER leave her. A little selfish on his part too...it wasn't just Bella..

The possibility was also there for Edward or one of the Cullens or their acquaintances to accidentally kill bella either before changing her, or while changing her. I didn't see the possibility of bella deciding to stay with jacob as anymore of a risk than her staying with edward.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

it was very interesting watching how jacob and bella's relationship grew and evolved and had everything thrown at it but still made it through in the end. I mean they were childhood friends, then they kept that friendship, that friendship grew and become so much more stronger in nm where jacob was the only thing keeping bella afloat when she was a sinking ship, then when they fell in love, and the whole denial stage, and the twists and turns and heart aches and breaks. To where finally they also found a middle line where they were happy with no weird feelings in between.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Alice-Is-Awesome wrote:OMG I felt so bad for Jacob when he found out about Balla and Edwards' plans for their honeymoon. In a way i think he overreacted because he should have seen it coming but i also totally understand his reactions because he probably knew what Edward could do to her if he wasn't under control and since he loves her he had a good reason to freak out and worry about her safety
i kno me too!! i definetly agree with you=)
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

I love the way that Bella and Jacob's realatoinship ended so they kinda had to be friends because of rennesme(I'm not sure how to spell that). I liked the realationship in New Moon the best.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/