Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:Is the Twilighted forum everyone's talking about the one at twilighted.net?

I took a look at the home page. Wonder how I'd sound reading Midnight Sun out loud...

~~CW&IA Discussion~~
Rings~ Absolutely, eHon. The Twilighted forums are a hoot and a half. They are a little more... hmmm... adult.... than what the Lex forums are, in terms of language and discussion. For instance, the CW&IA forum included a full and DETAILED discussion of how ... erm hmmm PG13 terms?? certain acts would work physiologically with TattWard's apadravya and then again when InkElla got her kitty pierced. The level of detail was downright...medical... in some cases! :lol: You should join us. Just a warning, though. If you do, be careful you don't confuse where you are. :twisted:

Just a warning, the joining process can be a little frustrating. It took me a bit to be approved to join and I had to be sort of forward with them to get my stuff pushed through.

As for reader opps, you should definitely apply. What's there to lose?? And, you'd have to be soooooooo much better than the chiquita who reads the audiobooks.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

LOL. Not sure about that- I think my voice tends to be on the higher range of male voices so no deep bass for me (unless perhaps you just woke me up pretty early in the morning after a night of- erm, right, PG-13... moving on). And I've never really liked the way I sound to myself on a recording. Eh, we'll see.

Is The List heavy or light reading? I need something a little less morose to read.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:LOL. Not sure about that- I think my voice tends to be on the higher range of male voices so no deep bass for me (unless perhaps you just woke me up pretty early in the morning after a night of- erm, right, PG-13... moving on). And I've never really liked the way I sound to myself on a recording. Eh, we'll see.

Is The List heavy or light reading? I need something a little less morose to read.
Rings~ Ahhhh. The List... Well, The List is a little bit of both. It's definitely HEA, and there are some fluffy-fluffy-as-bunnies-in-springtime moments, as well as just plain LMAO moments. But, as all things Bella & Edward, there is a bit of angst, a bit of sad. As I told LAC, it is a much more ... erm... logical... approach to their physical relationship, but it also acknowledges the realities and downright absurdities of it, as well. It's high on my list, at least. I would turn to it in a need-my-fluff moment. If nothing else, watching Edward of the Victorian era wrestle with Edward of the Playboy/p0rn era is downright gut busting. :lol: And watching Bella lead the way in their... adventures... Oh Dear Gods!!!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Hmm. I'll take a gander then. Unfortunately it'll have to wait until I get home.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Caryn~I am getting ready to go read TEF right now - its already even pulled up on another tab. I did read Edward's Fantasy though. And....*drool*...Can I have Edward now? please? Preferably the Edward in that one shot? I am so glad that you told me about that because...oh dear lord I have no words. Its just....I'm glad I was home alone when I read that. By the way....what is Edward in TEF called? Would it be Exward?

*runs off to meet Edward of TEF*
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:Caryn~I am getting ready to go read TEF right now - its already even pulled up on another tab. I did read Edward's Fantasy though. And....*drool*...Can I have Edward now? please? Preferably the Edward in that one shot? I am so glad that you told me about that because...oh dear lord I have no words. Its just....I'm glad I was home alone when I read that. By the way....what is Edward in TEF called? Would it be Exward?

*runs off to meet Edward of TEF*
Yes, Darling MiniMe, most of us lovingly refer to TEF Edward as ExWard. And, what a man he is... a little (okay okay a lot) rough around the edges at first, but so loving and amazing and brilliant. And, by the way, did I mention his favorite word in the English or any other language is frack... Ahhhhh, yes, have some. 8-)

Rings~ Wondering, if you've started The List, what your thoughts are? I always love your insights...
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:Rings~ Wondering, if you've started The List, what your thoughts are? I always love your insights...
Chapter 1:

Oh God, there's something wrong with me.

So wrong, but oh so right!

/goes off to read more
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

ringswraith wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Rings~ Wondering, if you've started The List, what your thoughts are? I always love your insights...
Chapter 1:

Oh God, there's something wrong with me.

So wrong, but oh so right!

/goes off to read more
Glad you're enjoying The List, rings! :D Caryn gave an excellent analysis of The List a page or so ago.

It is one of my favorite stories and I loved how the author carefully weaved humor, lemony goodness, tenderness, a little Edward angst, teenage hormones, and lovely interaction with the rest of the Cullen family throughout this wonderful story. This Bella was so enjoyable to read and so "real", and I like to think she's kind of what Stephanie Meyer's Bella might have been like if we could have read more "behind the scenes" (and maybe if Stephanie wasn't Mormon and the Twilight Saga wasn't written with the PG-13 crowd in mind :lol: ).
Banner by TammyAZ
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi guys!
I posted a similar post on the Writer's Central thread, but I wanted to let you guys know this as well.

There has been a huge amount of discussion at Twilighted.net about fraud and plagiarism on fanfiction.net and other sites. Several very popular stories there (including vjgm's work and WA) have been taken and posted on other sites or flat out stolen. The recommendation from the writer's at TwN is that each author who uses fanfiction.net should post some type of disclaimer stating that others may not use your work without your express permission.

For readers, the authors are asking that if you find a site that has a fanfiction originally posted at ffn or TwN, please alert the author. Also, if you come across a story that you recognize, but under another author's name, please contact the original author. WA was posted on a separate site without the author even knowing about it, and vjgm's work was flat out stolen from her.

If you are an author and want to post a similar disclaimer, you may use mine as a template or just copy it. Vjgm let me use part of hers when I asked for permission, and I morphed it a little to fit my work. The link to my profile is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1797881/Openhome

I know this isn't the usual post, but it is becoming a major issue in the fanfiction writing world, and I wanted you to be aware of it.
Thanks for any help you can give,
Kayla (Openhome)
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Wow, thanks Kayla... I'm going to add one to mine right now.

I'm sitting in a hotel bored... going to go write some more.