Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by The Dark Knight »

Althought I do want the Director to focus on teh script adn give us waht we want, I do however understand that He knows that the money comes from the Fan Girls who are likely to see the film multiple times...That why he cares so much $$$$...He needs to please them to make this the money maker...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
TwilightMaiden
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightMaiden »

I just hope that they don't leave too much of the book out of the movie just to fit it within a certain running time, that would be really annoying.
lionlover
Wandering Through Town
Location: Listening to Debussy with Edward, in his bedroom ;)

Post by lionlover »

teamJacobx3 wrote:I have two pressing concerns.

They DID NOT dye Dakota Fanning's hair, just say the poster of her and her hair is blonde.

and look at the photo from the Italy scene http://twilightguide.com/tg/2009/05/28/ ... -pictures/
1. they're not suppose to kiss until AFTER they get out of the room with the Volturi
2. KS looks like a spastic donkey jumping on RP like that, I bet they just did that for the stupid fan girls

Also, sorry but am I the only one thinking that the producers/directors need to stop worrying about what the fan girls think about the movies and focus on the script and the die hard fans, UGHH >:O
I agree with your frustration. It really bugged me when I saw that they kissed right away. I mean, she's supposed to be thinking he's gonna leave her again, so frustrating, ugh...

I don't remember the book describing Jane's hair color... Is it supposed to be dark??
"Do I dazzle you?" -Edward Cullen
"Frequently" -Me

TwilightMaiden
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightMaiden »

I really do hope that they stick more closely to the book and not leave out/chop and change things just to attract a certain audience.
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

lionlover wrote: I don't remember the book describing Jane's hair color... Is it supposed to be dark??
Pale brown, I think.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

I know a lot of people have expressed concern about the infamous liplock between Bella and Edward as soon as she stops him from revealing himself in Volterra, but I think it's a change that I can live with and I think I understand why Summit chose to do things this way. Every one of us realizes by now that not everything in the book can be in the movie, some things need to be changed in order to stay true to the spirit of the book in an abridged form. I think that choosing to have the characters kiss so soon after their reunion was the filmmakers' way of showing us how strong their love still is, despite the fact that Bella will have spent the majority of the movie with Jacob up to this point. It is a fast way of showing that even though Jacob is special to Bella, she doesn't hesitate for a second to run back into Edward's arms.

Personally, I found the clips of the scene to be romantic and realistic... don't know if a spastic donkey came to mind at any point. :lol:
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Post by mary »

I completely agree. We also have to remember that in the book we know what Bella is thinking...that she's worried that any minute either 1 Edward will leave again or 2 that she'll wake up and realize it was all just a dream and that Edward is still gone. The people that have never read the books won't know this, and it's very true that by having them kiss so soon, it will show how much they still love eachother.

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

OOh I saw new publicity picture of the Cullens on newmoonmovie.org
they look so good... A lot darker then in twilight...
maybe this movie is going to be really good.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Post by mary »

Me and a friend bought the tickets 2 the midnight showing of New Moon on my bday, Thurs. Oct. 27th. I'm so excited to be going. It looks so good based on the trailor's that I've seen....I'm thinking I may preview the movie though, see the movie befote the public is allowed to see it, since I work at the theater I'm able to do this.I don't think I can stand much longer having to wait for it.

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
skinnybones4
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skinnybones4 »

I'm worried about the shirtless scenes. I guess because I'm a guy, but in the trailers they focus alot of shirtless jacob and edward. I'm concerned that they will put alot of that in, and make something about it that it really isn't. I hope that makes sense.
Talking about the Twilight Saga!