Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Muse

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Ahh, I'm excited for The Resistance! I just listened to part of one of the songs yesterday, and in good Muse fashion, it rocks my toe socks. *dances* Woohoo new music!
nicalyrenard
Settled in Forks

Post by nicalyrenard »

Just downloaded The Resistance from iTunes (was available at midnight). I must say I love it and I've been a fan since my senior year of HS (before Twilight -book- even came out) so I had high expectations. Def a must listen.
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

No one's talked about The Resistance yet?? Maybe you're all too busy listening to it again and again...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, you who are new to Muse and all you veteran fans.

My impressions (in brief): It took a few times of listening to The Resistance, and I was worried at first that it wasn't nearly as strong as previous albums. I thought it was a bit uneven, a bit unpolished. And certainly a departure from what I expected.

But I love it now. The songs feel as familiar as old friends, from the theatrics of Resistance to the vocals in I Belong To You that hearken back to Showbiz era...There's not a song I dislike, not one I skip (depending on current company, of course). Who else could combine Chopin, Orwell, clarinets, Saint-Saëns, 80's rock/R&B sounds, and an orchestra on one album...and make it work?? It's brilliant. Muse is truly epic.
SweetRinny
Settled in Forks

Post by SweetRinny »

Their new album is amazing "The Resistance" my favorite songs on there are Undisclosed Desires, Uprising, and Unnatural Selection, I pretty much everything in their new album
want to reconcile the violence in your heart
I want to recognize your beauty is not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

i absolutley looovvvveee i belong to you.
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

*takes off headphones* what was that? oh im sorry i was too busy listening to the RESISTANCE! :lol: I loveeee it. so so much. words cannot adequately express how i feel.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

muse is playing tonight in holland... I wished I could go.....sigh....
I wanted to by tickets but this is the only weekend I had nothing planned and I needed to do a lot of work at home...so I could't

hopefully someone here can tell me how it was...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So I don't have any of their cds.
But I do love their songs on the Twilight & NM soundtrack. Supermassive Blackhole is just awesome & great in the baseball scene. I Belong to You is my fav song on the whole NM soundtrack. It's just soo awesome I love it!
I have heard & scene the video for Uprising (I think that's it.)I love how creative the video is, especially the teddy bears coming out of the ground.
I have thought about buying one of their cds, just haven't done it yet. It's an evil thing called money, no $$$$
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Speaking of Muse, I might be seeign them for mah birthday. I be vereh excited.
United States of Eurasia is fun to sing along to.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Speaking of Muse, I might be seeign them for mah birthday. I be vereh excited.
United States of Eurasia is fun to sing along to.
I actually saw them for my birthday on Saturday. They were truly amazing, it was absolutely epic. I mean, I knew that they won Best Live Act from NME every year but.. wow. I am too short so I knew I wouldn't be able to last long in the pit; thus, I got seats. The seats were reallyyy good, though, so I got an awesome view of the stage. Plug In Baby was AMAZING and so was Starlight.

I remember when HAARP was released and the band would let the crowd sing the words, I found it almost annoying because I wanted to hear the band sing. When I was there, though, they let us sing the "Our hopes and expectations, black holes and revelations" part of the song and it was just so incredible. If any of you have a chance to go to a Muse concert, you MUST go. I'm trying to find another concert I might be able to go to. It was a great experience. The band is even more gorgeous in person, too. ESPECIALLY Dom. :)