Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Ninna willingly admits that she commits piracy to come by TV-series that has yet to be broadcasted in her country, if they'll ever be. The same goes for stuff so odd it'll never come as DVD boxes either.

Vampire Diaries.
When Maria mentioned an Elena I had to IBM it... Well, turns out this was my first vampire series, about 15 years ago. I still have the books. Need to find them in English and see how I like the original writing, although the translation didn't bother me when I read it.
But I need to compare since this is one of the series I've said holds more story and depth that Twilight. Can't leave that un-investigated now, can I?

I'm cleaning up the balcony :mrgreen: Living room windows (outside) to go, and then the floors and then I get a BIG bowl of ice cream. (yes, I had to bribe myself in order to get me to move my @§§ out of the couch...)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Have you all seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUaW8GG-uBY

(hopefully itll be online when you click it, most have dissapeared.....trailer anyone?)
damn!

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Well, first of all, OMJ SO TOTALLY WATCHING VMAS TONIGHT!!!!!! Taylor looks like he did a good job of developing Jacob more than just physically.

Now, with the fangirl screaming out of my system, I'm ready to speak coherently.

Pharmer, I have a dream for you. A few days ago I had a dream about my old High School crush. I haven't seen him since the last HS football game I attended in 2004. I've never dreamed of him before, even when I thought I was in love with him, but that night I dreamed we met at our ten year reunion and we hit it off right away. This is the only guy I could ever describe as "so beautiful it almost hurts to look at him" the way Bella describes Edward (sorry Jackson, lol). I literally could not look him in the eye. It was physically impossible. But, in my dream, I was able to talk to him and laugh and smile without any hint of shyness. I wasn't even thinking about him at all, and he randomly popped in to say hello to my dream self. And everyone else in the dream (i.e. my friends (the nerds) and his friends (the "A" crowd)) were completely okay with it and not weirded out at all. And we all smiled and went on our merry way.
And the crazy thing is, I know he used to have a facebook or myspace or something, because we had a mutual friend on there, but all of a sudden it's like he dropped off the face of the earth. I couldn't even find him by googling him. Seriously. He has completely disappeared, at least from cyberspace. I even tried searching by his nickname (on the social networking sites). I'm going nuts trying to figure out why my brain picked HIM when I'd actually been thinking about Jackson that day, lol. Have fun with that.

Later lexlings!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

I meant to mention. Right now my car is evil and hates me. I was in a fender bender towards the end of last month. A week and a half later my car started having problems. I was on my way to work when my fuel light came on. My car gets about 200-250 miles on a tank of gas, I had only gone just over 100 miles so I knew I had about half a tank. Then my check engine light came on. I took the car over to get the engine tested hoping that I could fix it myself. Turns out I can't fix it myself. It's gonna cost just under $300 to fix. Don't you just love cars. I really don't know how much gas is in my tank even though I've been driving it for over a week since it came on. I'm having to watch my tank based on how many miles I've gone on a tank.

Anyone else watching the VMAs on MTV? Already they've had Ashley Greene and I kind of wonder what Ashley's thinking with most of her outfits she wears to the award shows.

Jasmine I agree with the fact that it's weird reading about someone so much like yourself.

OKAY the New Moon trailer was AWESOME! It was so good and showed so much more than any of the other trailers. You guys have got to see it. From the Volturi to the Werewolves it's all there.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Ok new question, who are you most like regardless of gender?
Edward, through and through. From the birthday to the mood swings.

You get to appear ONCE in the TW-saga, where would it be? (book and part please) Why?
Dunno which book I would show up cos, I would be on the alley and become Paula’lie’ in the place of Rosalie. Paulalie Cullen, I like it!

If you could break up one canon couple, which would it be and why?
Even tho Edward and Bella’s relationship is very very unhealthy, it works for them so, I would leave them alone. I would break up Rosalie and Emmet. I hate couple that fights and bicker all the time. It’s simply beyond annoying.

I do what Nina does too *snicker*.
I dl the Vampire Diaries books and begun to read them. I have only one comment: This tv show is NOT Vampire diaries, period. The book is completely different and it seems like the creator took the premise of the book and mixed it with Twilight image and a “thing” came out as a result. The book is interesting, I’m in the first quarter of the 1st one and I recommend it. You can even say Twilight ripped some things from it! Weird hu!?

@Janny – Have you taken a pregnancy test ;) ? Check your e-mail, I have a surprise for you. :D
@Cappu – Hi sister!!!
@Cascsiany – The problem may be electrical. The central part of the car that makes the diagnostics probably broke or is just off its place. Don’t mess with it, it is usually simple but tricky. Ask a friend if they know something about it and to see if the pieces are broken and needs replacement or simply need just to be tighten or put back in place.

Question:
What mythical creature would you be and how would you fit your character in the Twilight world?

I would be a wood elf. Immortal but still "human", 280years old, mystical and awesome! I would live in the reservation woods and only few would know my secret. I would have a wolf lover and the Cullen's would be great friends.
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Paulinha- I took the car in to Advance Auto Parts and they said it was the fuel sensor circuit which means I'm screwed as far as fixing it myself. The replacement parts and labor is about $270 which isn't bad. I'm going to have to take the car in to get it fixed.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

NEW TRAILER KICKED a$$!! CANT WAIT FOR NM!!!
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

who are you most like regardless of gender?
I somehow relate to Alice a lot. A little on Bella too (I like to take care of others, very protective of others..), but I think Alice more. She just seems so familliar. But I only wish I was that beautiful and strong and good at everything...

@Paula. Hey sis. ♥
Loved your post. So you. :) btw, what would the wood elf-you do when the wolf-lover came by you, sniffed around, lifted his leg and peed on your trunk? :lol: Sorry. It just seing a tree and dog in the same context.. ok, I'm just being stupid. I just woke up.
Hehe, so you'd like to break up Emmett and Rosalie because they always fight? Would you like me and JT to break up, because we've got little cranks and fights about daily..? In our relationship he's the Rosalie that nags and needs to get things his way and things quickly blow over because I don't like fighting. I either walk out of the situation or give in. Either way, he's soon all over me kissing and hugging and "compromising"... :roll: Sometimes it feels like I'm in a relationship with a teenager. Teenage-girl. :lol:

@Janny. I thought of pregnancy too. It causes the weirdest things... Even if it may seem impossible, you should take a test. No birth control is 100%... But I must also mention, that I became accompanied by "the sweats" as you put it; when I got PCOS and GERD. I don't know which causes it. Maybe PCOS, because the sweats always get worse when Polly is worse. Do you have pains in y our lower belly, where t he overies would be? When Polly goes really bad, I can't even walk (do anything physically demanding) without my overies hurting like hell. And then come the sweats... I might feel normal if I just sit, but when I need to do something, I feel the pain...

I admite; I'm a pirate too. I dl a lot of TVseries and movies. Mostly just the ones that take forever to come to Finnish TV, or not at all. The Finnish TV channels can be really stupid with the shows. They show one season of a great show, and re-runs right after. And maybe another set of re-runs after that. And then suddenly there has begun the next season without them making it stand out so I'd notice. And often there are re-runs and new season at the same time and really hard time to make sense which is which. Stupid.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

ugh, why is it that whenever im sick ppl start talking about pregnancy? everybody knows that would be my personal hell, and still they say it. (sorry, but i really DONT want kids, more than ppl can imagine and it hits a nerve when ppl start talking about ME being pregnant. im really happy for ppl wo are pregnant and DO want kids though). i started getting sick when i just got my period, which is normal for me, because then my body has the least resistance to sickness. i dont have real pains, a lill stomachache in the morning, because i havent eaten anything normal for a week.(im to tired to make food), and it could be a lill stomachflu has blown over to me. other than that its mostly headache, fuzzyness and a lill soreness of the muscles. im still thinking its a flu because EVERYONE around me has some kind of flu at this moment.
the sweats, well i got those when my bloodpressure was high, so i think thats it. and i get them when im having my period sometimes. its more hotflashes, lill like a fever but not as uncomfortable.
im feeling abit better today, just woke up an hour ago, sleep makes me feel better. I might be going to the stores this afternoon to get some fresh air and food. see how that feels. with a lill luck i can work on thursday.

so....was the trailer on the VMAs the same trailer as ive posted and has been going around yesterday?

im not really a pirate, because ive never d/ld a movie. but thats because i have no idea where to get them. we mostly getthose stuff through friends. but its tiring always having to ask and to wait.(for example we saw the first season of heroes, a part of season 2 and never got the rest)

What mythical creature would you be and how would you fit your character in the Twilight world?
hmm always thought i might be a dragon, but that doesnt really fit into the twilight world. hmmm maybe a weredragon? hahahaha. Elves would be kewl to, although i still think they wouldnt fit into the twilight world. Maybe a shapeshifter or just another vampire. id prolly wouldnt care much what id be if it meant hanging out with the cullens and jacob, as long as i would be immortal, and strong(just in case), id be content.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Happy Monday peeps!

First things first----New Moon trailer kicked major a$$ in my opinion. I don't particularly care for the creeper Edward in the water, but I can deal. Can I say how freaking stoked I am that this movie looks like an honest to Gawd movie and not a pop film made on a shoestring budget (ala Twilight)? I freaking LOVE the Volturri scenes (you all know my stance on the greatness that is Mike Sheen dude---Aro is just the epitome of royalty in my opinion) and I was SHOCKED to see how well Dakota Fanning fits in. Plus, and mark this down people, because I might never EVER say this again, but Bells looks GOOD. I mean, I'm a little p/oed because technically she's supposed to look horrible because he's gone, but she looks ten times better here than before. And Eddie? Dang boy----you look freaking awesome. Let's not forget about our wolfy boy---although I wished this sucker would showcase some of that wolf pack that I have been drooling over. Overall though---this one trailer has made me so freaking anxious that me and my buds are about to pre purchase our midnight showing tickets for 11/20. It's that crazy.

VMAs---I DVRed them, but I just saw the trailer online. Um, what happened to Kstew's hair? It's a little retro, but I won't hate on her. Plus, I was too busy eye humping Taylor and Pattz to care. And yeah, Ashley Greene channeled some inner Gaga there on some of those outfits, but she can at least pull it off----I wouldn't be able to put it on lol. And by the way---I can't believe anyone is shocked at Kwest for his stunt--I sort of expected it.

Cas---I feel your pain. They finally figured out hubs SUV problem---a lot like yours, except instead of the fuel sensor, it was the whole car sensor, something called an ECM or something---translation: 420 bucks. Ouch!

I'm so sick of living paycheck to paycheck. Anyone else feeling me? I mean, when I was younger, I had aspirations and dreams of hitting it big, making a ton of dough and not struggling. But for some reason, I don't get as depressed when I know other people are struggling with me, so make me feel better lol. Let me know I'm not the only schmo clipping coupons today and whose paycheck is gone before it's even here.

Alice is currently resting on my bladder and kicking it like it's some sort of game. Not cool kid. Not cool.

Janny---I feel you on the whole "why do I have to be pregnant to be sick" thing---even though I'm currently knocked up, I got a ton of that beforehand, and I understand about kid-phobia. Isn't it weird how people sometimes feel like there is something wrong with people who don't want kids, like it's against the laws of nature or something. When we first got married and I told the inlaws I didn't want kids you'd think I'd had some sort of third horn on my head or something. My mother in law told me "That's crazy---EVERYONE wants kids." Um, no mommie dearest---some people want to stay out late, sleep in late, drink to all hours and party or just let it freaking be quiet with no Dora or Diego messing up your peace. I love my kid----but I can totally understand those peeps who don't want one. I used to be one lol!

Ninna's TWI-questions: (Obie said to write our own...)
If you could break up one canon couple, which would it be and why?

isn't it weird that most everyone picks Bella and Edward because of the unhealthiness of the relationship? See, I agree---Especially those two in the beginning; but I also think most of us sort of crave that in a way----it's overwhelming and consuming and we all forget the key thing here: it's their first time out. That first crazy love is always just that---crazy. Combine that with the whole vamp meets doormat thing, and you get eddie/bells. So that being said: I would have had Victoria and James break up so that way we get a ton of drama----Victoria p/o ed at James for wanting Bella (because that's why I would have had them break up) and James pursuing Bella.

You get to appear ONCE in the TW-saga, where would it be? (book and part please) Why?

New Moon. I would have been the voice of biznatchness telling Bella NOT TO take Edward back so easily. I still disagree with how quickly she took him back and how she didn't make him work for it.

As for a mythical creature: I always thought it would be cool to have an angel or a fairy come into play. I'd be a fairy and a protector of Bella or something. Of course, fairies are like singers as well to all vampires, so it would create drama and I'd be HAWT.

I'm most like a cross between Alice and Rose---A biznatch with fashion sense.

Speaking of fashion sense, I'm off at lunch to try and find something called a Bella band. Fat chicks like me or regular pregnant chicks like Wingy can wear them around our waist and they hold up maternity pants that don't fit or your regular jeans (my dilemma) that you can have unbuttoned and stuff and it won't show. About time designers figured out a way to help me mask my fatness lol.

I'm off kiddos. Have fun:)

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.