Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by navarre »

Openhome wrote:Hi guys!
I posted a similar post on the Writer's Central thread, but I wanted to let you guys know this as well.

There has been a huge amount of discussion at Twilighted.net about fraud and plagiarism on fanfiction.net and other sites. Several very popular stories there (including vjgm's work and WA) have been taken and posted on other sites or flat out stolen. The recommendation from the writer's at TwN is that each author who uses fanfiction.net should post some type of disclaimer stating that others may not use your work without your express permission.

For readers, the authors are asking that if you find a site that has a fanfiction originally posted at ffn or TwN, please alert the author. Also, if you come across a story that you recognize, but under another author's name, please contact the original author. WA was posted on a separate site without the author even knowing about it, and vjgm's work was flat out stolen from her.

If you are an author and want to post a similar disclaimer, you may use mine as a template or just copy it. Vjgm let me use part of hers when I asked for permission, and I morphed it a little to fit my work. The link to my profile is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1797881/Openhome

I know this isn't the usual post, but it is becoming a major issue in the fanfiction writing world, and I wanted you to be aware of it.
Thanks for any help you can give,
Kayla (Openhome)
:x :x That ticks me off!!!!!!!!! What is it with these damned jerks?!

They aren't bright enough or talented to come up with their own ideas so they have to steal someone else's hard work - their heart and soul.
Too damned lazy! GRRRR!!!!

I wish there was some way that when one of these dildos attempts to steal someone's work and they try to copy it over to another sight, that their keyboards melt with their fingertips still attached and their monitors blow up in their faces!!!!!! :evil:

Rant over!!

**********************************************************************************
The lovely Jessica aka cereuleanblue and Jessicai67 has asked me to please make everyone aware of an auction for a very worthy cause.
If anyone is interested, please feel free to read the information below and follow the links.
Thanks!

From cereuleanblue/Jessicai67:

Okay the Support Stacie Author Auction is auctioning off fiction by different fanfic authors to help out a cancer patient (Stacie Holman). Authors are auctioning off their time and offering to write fanfiction requested by the winner of each auction. My auctions are for Harry Potter and Twilight, one shots of a minimum of 2,500 words each.

The auction is three days long from today until Monday Sept 14 at 7 pm. Fans would come in and bid on their favorite author. The winner of each auction would submit their bid via PayPal, and send in their request to the author they bid on via email. The author would then have 30 days to complete the fanfic and send it in to the winner.

There are a lot of great authors up for sale on the site. Hmonster4, manyafandom, ninapolitan, and LOTS of others. Some of the author's bids are up to over $500 each. Right now my auction is up to $40.

Here is a link to the FAQ on the auction:

http://www.majiksfanfic.com/phpbb/viewt ... 100&t=2439

And here is a link to my auction:
http://www.majiksfanfic.com/phpbb/viewt ... 115&t=2910 (Twilight)

http://www.majiksfanfic.com/phpbb/viewt ... 127&t=2909 (HP)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Openhome, it never ceases to amaze me that people would stoop to something so low as stealing someone else's work. I wish I had put a disclaimer/copyright clause on my own, but I will include them from now on. Thanks for posting that. I would hope that someone would let me know if someone had "stolen" my fanfics, so, if anyone sees Branded or Road Maps someplace they shouldn't be, please let me know!

Just a reminder that the Mystic Awards are now open for nominations. I've spent the past two days reading a lot of really great nominated fanfics, however I think my poor brain is starting to burn out on it. I have to say that the high quality of most of them has been inspiring, if anything.

The official list of accepted nominees will be posted on September 29th and voting will begin after that. Competition is going to be tight, I can tell you that much...Can't say much more than that.

So come on over and nominate your favourites at www.themysticawards.webs.com
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Oh Goody....... CLIPPED WINGS AND INKED ARMOR UDATED!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
navarre

Post by navarre »

SweetKay wrote:Oh Goody....... CLIPPED WINGS AND INKED ARMOR UDATED!!

Lemons of EPIC proportions in this chappie!!

We are talking NUCLEAR!!! The best chapter - ever!!!

Monitor melted, panties....what panties. Those suckers went up in flames somewhere mid-chapter. Didn't even feel it.

Words like 'semi-automatic' were mentioned. :lol:

Just freakin' fantastic!!!
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

navarre wrote:

Lemons of EPIC proportions in this chappie!!

We are talking NUCLEAR!!! The best chapter - ever!!!

Monitor melted, panties....what panties. Those suckers went up in flames somewhere mid-chapter. Didn't even feel it.

Words like 'semi-automatic' were mentioned. :lol:

Just freakin' fantastic!!!
Holy Frackin Hell, that chapter was HOTT!!

Hunterhunting outdid herself and she made that one of the hottest lemon scenes around!

Christy you are so right, there was not one thing that did not melt. My word! The relationship between Bella and Edward has reached a new level now. Watch out, it's only going to get tougher and hopefully better for both of them in the long run.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Oh Holy Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!!!!!!

I read the update at 2:00 am, as soon as I finished betaing the next posting for TEF (look for it within the hour, per Ang!!) I was working painstakingly, eyes crossing, desperate to get you all the next golden morsel of TEF. And, then, my phone beeps to tell me about the update of.... CW&IA. I had to physically resist clicking immediately.

So, I finally get to read... And, seriously, I think my screen, cpu and panty drawer are all still smoldering... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Holy Shiza. HunterHunting is a fracking genius. Because, despite the State Fair Lemon Shake-Up lemony goodness, I still can't wait to find out exactly what Edward went to talk to Carlisle about!! And, um, who was the knew non-Marcus security guard?? Hmmmmmmm.... Damn you HH for making me think while trying to process PossessiveTattWard's letting go of that ledge!!

Okay, so, before I get to the lemony goodness, was I the only one who found probably the most erotic image to come out of that whole chapter that of TattWard, shirtless at a piano??? Holy Christ on a Cracker!!! That was enough to do me in right there...

And then it go...better!

InkElla is such a tricksy little minx, with the help of Alice and Rose. She knew she was playing with fire as soon as she left for the club, and she wanted to be burned at the stake. She should have known the fastest way to ignite the flame was to let some ignorant boy try to entice TattWard's kitty. Cause, his reaction, :shock: :o :twisted: Good gods, if it gets that kind of reaction, she should make a weekly...daily... date to have Mike hit on her.

But, I have to tell you friends, most definitely the best part of the chapter for me, honestly... The morning after InkElla breaks down again. "You need to talk to me about this {shiza}, Bella. You scared the {frack} out of me.” He wasn’t demanding or angry, his tone was different, pleading and laced something else—pain maybe—and my stomach turned as I realized that I was the one that caused him this." I literally had tears in my eyes reading this line. This is TattWard. TattWard doesn't get scared, doesn't show weakness and keeps his heart buried. For him to say this to InkElla, with no hesitation, with those feelings right there...Damn!!

EDIT: Christy~ Yes, "semi-automatic" :shock: Just about did me in, right there!!! And then there was this beautifulness in the middle of that... Tattward saying... "It’s never been... I’ve never... " Gods, we know what's behind that. I just can't wait for it...
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
navarre

Post by navarre »

Caryn ~ What else I loved in CW&IA was as Edward held Bella he said "Mine, you're mine".

She wasn't going to argue. She can't live without him nor can he live without her. Beautiful.

On another note, is anyone having a hard time getting into Twilighted Forum. My computer says the link has been broken and when I tried to re-establish the link, the site can not be found.

Help!!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

navarre wrote:Caryn ~ What else I loved in CW&IA was as Edward held Bella he said "Mine, you're mine".

She wasn't going to argue. She can't live without him nor can he live without her. Beautiful.

On another note, is anyone having a hard time getting into Twilighted Forum. My computer says the link has been broken and when I tried to re-establish the link, the site can not be found.

Help!!!
Christy~ I was literally just on the Twilighted CW&IA forum, posting. So, I was still able to get there and post.

Yes, I love that, too. Even in his blissed out, post-completion mindfog, that connection is so strong, so permanent. Tattward is a possessive frack. But, it's the way he is so amazingly loving about it that makes all the difference.

By the way....The EX Factor is now updated!!!

Read and review bb's cause this chapter was a bit of a biznatch. Much love.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Jazz Girl wrote:
navarre wrote:Caryn ~ What else I loved in CW&IA was as Edward held Bella he said "Mine, you're mine".

Help!!!
Christy~ I was literally just on the Twilighted CW&IA forum, posting. So, I was still able to get there and post.

Yes, I love that, too. Even in his blissed out, post-completion mindfog, that connection is so strong, so permanent. Tattward is a possessive frack. But, it's the way he is so amazingly loving about it that makes all the difference.

By the way....The EX Factor is now updated!!!

Read and review bb's cause this chapter was a bit of a biznatch. Much love.

Christy & Caryn ~ you guys both hit the nail on the proverbial head with your assessments of CW&IA!! It was un-fracking-believable!! Their raw passion and need for each other is so tangible.

I, too, am wondering why Edward needed to go see Carlisle.... I wonder if it was to discuss Bella's breakdown...hmmm
And, holy shiza! Edward at the piano.....
Christy - I also have to give props to the "semi-automatic"--HH-that was just ingenious! :twisted: :twisted:

I'm waiting for a conference call, so I can't start Ch 35 yet-- :evil: (I don't think it would be a good idea to start it..then start trying to carry on a conversation! :lol: )

Later! 8-)

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Warning: CWaIA discussion!

Well, I've been wondering why of all things she'd compare it to a semi-automatic. Then I realize- duh, dad was a police chief. Clearly, I was no longer awake when I was reading this chapter late last night. :|

The scene as they exited the elevator, with her turning to her apartment and him stopping her. "Where do you think you're going?" Reminds me of Twilight, the Bloodtyping chapter, where he asks where she's going after offering (kind of) to take her home. :D

I'm also still devouring The List (because that's what you do with these fics, devour them) and enjoying it a lot. It's also giving me ideas...

I really need to get back to writing.

EDIT: Holy hell, just finished The List. Ideas, ideas, swimming through my mind...

Didn't someone mention some outtakes or something? Where are those located?