American Idol

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: American Idol

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Oh, I don't mind her on her show. I just think she has no business on AI.

And no, she doesn't. Apparently she's supposed to provide comedic relief and the viewer's...point of view. But that's what the votes do, isn't it?
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Exactly.
Randy has music experience, and Simon is the mean British guy that every show needs. Plus, he's the producer.
It was even fun to watch Paula stutter, and her relationship with Simon.
Kara doesn't add at all, her song's at the end of last season were terrible. I don't hate her, I just don't like her.

I don't see where Kara fits in here.
I was hoping they would just get rid of Kara and go back to the regular three judge scheme, and then Paula quit, which upset me. And then the fact that they threw someone in there who has no music experience what-so-ever (I love Ellen, but still), it just doesn't make sense.
They already have Kara, why do they need another useless judge?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Ok, a moment to stick up for Ellen.

I personally love it. What Ellen will bring is the softness of Paula, the kindness towards even the worst contestents. She will also bring humor, which, if you think about it, does not exist on the show so much. Ellen loves music, but probably isn't educated in music / production etc.... but this is what the other 3 judges are for.

I can't wait to see Ellen, we could all be surprised and delighted to bits.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

I love Ellen, as said above.
And humor is good.

I just wish they could get someone with humor who knows something about the industry.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

i got kris allen, lil rounds, anoop desai and michaels :D
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

spookybell wrote:Ok, a moment to stick up for Ellen.

I personally love it. What Ellen will bring is the softness of Paula, the kindness towards even the worst contestents. She will also bring humor, which, if you think about it, does not exist on the show so much. Ellen loves music, but probably isn't educated in music / production etc.... but this is what the other 3 judges are for.

I can't wait to see Ellen, we could all be surprised and delighted to bits.
I love Ellen! She totally cracks me up! I will sometimes watch her talk show just to so I can laugh. I'll watch when someone I know or like is on (like Rob. funniest thing ever!) But sometimes if I need a laugh I'll watch her. And I think she'll be able to get some good cracks in at Simon.

So this season will be the last that Simon is on? Well all I can say is the show won't be the same without him. It'll be interesting to see what they do next season. How will they replace him? Will as many people still watch it?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I honestly think the show is over and done with once Simon is gone. It's been going down hill after Carrie Underwood won, and Chris Daughtry got the boot. It was then that it really started to be a popularity contest.

I'm surprised that so many people still tune in to watch the episodes before they actually go to Hollywood.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Four words:

PANTS ON THE GROUND! :mrgreen:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

I saw on the Insider that Ellen was mean during Hollywood Week calling someone "pathetic" (something like that.)
Do you guys think these are just rumors?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I don't know what to believe when it comes to stuff like that anymore. And I can't really see Ellen being mean, even if she is being honest, she's always such a happy upbeat person. I guess we'll find out when they show Hollywood week. (Doesn't that start Tuesday?)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson