Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by older_twilight_fan »

I couldn't resist posting--this thread has been too quiet lately.

I was just looking at my calendar to see what's going on next week. Amongst my various kids' activities like soccer practice, a baseball game, chorus before school, and school pictures; I remembered the most important activity of all...tara sue me's The Training begins Tuesday, September 22nd! Only three more days before we see what Domward and Bella have been getting up to, or getting down to, whichever you prefer. :lol:

I'll think I'll have to spend a little time with The Submissive and The Dominant this weekend to reacquaint myself with our lovely Domward and his flogger. 8-)
Banner by TammyAZ
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I couldn't resist posting--this thread has been too quiet lately.

I was just looking at my calendar to see what's going on next week. Amongst my various kids' activities like soccer practice, a baseball game, chorus before school, and school pictures; I remembered the most important activity of all...tara sue me's The Training begins Tuesday, September 22nd! Only three more days before we see what Domward and Bella have been getting up to, or getting down to, whichever you prefer. :lol:

I'll think I'll have to spend a little time with The Submissive and The Dominant this weekend to reacquaint myself with our lovely Domward and his flogger. 8-)
Yes I agree it has been much too quiet lately. I assume everyone is out trying to enjoy the last bit of summer.

Thanks for the reminder about The Training starting, I had forgotten!! So much to look forward to! :D

I recently found a new fanfic that was linked on the Addicted to The Ex Factor Facebook site. It is The Fallout by OCDindeed. Oh my gosh it is such a brilliant, well written story!! Here is the summary: March 16, 2006, the world the Cullen’s knew...ended. What if Edward never made it back in time, and failed to protect the one human that only mattered to him? Nuclear War? The Cullens? Nope...not a crackfic. Dark & Angsty. NM-AU

Nuclear bombs are dropped all over and the story goes between the time the bombs drop in the year 2006 and then 10 years later, 2016. The Cullen's with Alice's foresight knew that something dire was going to happen and with Carlisle's guidance planned for the future. The Cullen's have spent the last 10 years traveling across the US helping humans. They are tired of the nomadic lifestyle and have decided to settle in one place again. Excellent story line and amazingly done and written.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4946176/1/The_Fallout

David - could you please add this story to our Lexicon FanFic List? Thanks!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Added :)
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Amanda Beth wrote:Added :)
Thanks Amanda Beth!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I couldn't resist posting--this thread has been too quiet lately.

Ahhhh yes, The Training. I am so ready for the return of Domward, SubBella and The Playroom. 8-)

Now, I too, wish to recommend one of the funny stories out there from ooohlalaa:

Unexpected I have LMAO from chapter 1. Excellent slap stick humor, "shoot from the hip" kind and can we say SassyA##Bella? Ooohh, yes we can! She is freakin' hysterical. Pulls no punches with what comes out of her mouth.
But then again, everyone of them in this story does that.

Summary:

In their junior year of college, an unexpected event forces Bella, Rosalie and Alice to become involved with three people they never normally would have, completely changing their lives around.

Fluff/Humor/Romance BxE Canon couples, OOC AH

If you haven't already, give this whip-smart story a try. On our community.

And a brilliantly written new story from the author of Creature of Habit, EZRocksAngel:

Daedalus in Exile

After leaving Forks, Edward follows a path of weakness and isolation while eventually seeking redemption from the only person that can absolve him. AU BxE Drama/Suspense.

This story picks up from the chapter in MS/Twilight(just the first chapter only of DiE) where Edward leaves suddenly after the Biology class. He does not return.
Dark themes. This is ALL EPOV. Great sense of a tortured mind, BUT, Edward is much more of the killing machine in this one.

Looking at the acronym - DiE...hmmm,interesting. Anyway, give this wonderfully written newbie a try. :)

Anyway, two chapters in, she just started this story and it is awesome!!! Also on the Community. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

WAY off topic, but could someone tell me what OCC means. I've figured all the others out, but I am not getting this one, and its really bugging me.
Stupid, I know, but I hate it when I can't make out an acronym.
Thanks.
navarre

Post by navarre »

Openhome wrote:WAY off topic, but could someone tell me what OCC means. I've figured all the others out, but I am not getting this one, and its really bugging me.
Stupid, I know, but I hate it when I can't make out an acronym.
Thanks.

You are NOT stupid. Period.

OOC is Out of Character - they do not follow canon behavior from the saga.
If you will:

AU = Alternate Universe
AH = All Human

I threw those in there for anyone else getting to know these acronyms.

Openhome, I did not know what OOC was until two months ago and DILF and MILY, VILF until last month...so you are not alone in learning this stuff. :)
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

OOC = Out of Character. Basically in this sense, it means that characters are not portrayed faithfully to the originals in the series.

It's also used when a roleplayer or actor wants to say something "out of character."

EDIT: Beaten. :lol:

MILY? Don't believe I've heard of that one.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

:lol: I had never heard the term DILF before reading it in TEF. I had to google it. And then it made perfect sense ;)
MILY :? I have no idea what that means.

I took me a while to figure out OOC too.

Tracy - I am so excited about The Training. I think it'll be heavy stuff. It'll be nice to finally see how they resolve their everyday lives combined with the Dom/sub lifestyle. Housework and daytime jobs and everyday troubles combined with the flogger and other equipment :lol:
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
navarre

Post by navarre »

Well...as I understand it(now I'm getting paranoid because watch me be wrong this whole time and then I'll feel :oops: )

If the 'D' is Dad, then the 'M' is Mother

DILF, MILF and so on.