Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by pharmer4 »

30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer, nooooooooo is that you????? awesome!
btw avatar or avatar the last airbender? ;)

@therealsmrswhitlock: im a big Tim Burton and fantasy fan, guess you are 2?

okay nuthing much to tell other than that i bought the cutest dress EVER, my Jlo butt even fits in it!:
http://shop.hm.com/media/products/758/D ... 4_7583.jpg

i got a very nice jacket:
http://shop.hm.com/media/products/778/D ... 3_7169.jpg

and i got merlijn awesome pjs:
http://shop.hm.com/media/products/780/D ... 9_9999.jpg

which by the way(since i bought it a few sizes bigger because he grows so fast), fits me, and sid is jealous of me now :lol:

oh and im a lill frustrated about the new xmasproducts. We know them already but we cant talk about it. And since the lushforummers have found some pics and stuff on a french site, thats reaaaaaly difficult. We are superexcited about this yr, they are just awesome :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Arr me mateys! Shiver me jingle jangle booties
janny ~ your "Jlo butt" LMAO! :lol:

Becca and Obs...think we are gonna have to fight over Tina Fey

ok so hubs work: His boss sent him an email yeaterday for a conf in Vegas...in it she said she couldnt go, but she'd be sending her "senior consultant" go...it's in Nov...so thats a good sign! YAY!!!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

MRK wrote: janny ~ your "Jlo butt" LMAO! :lol:
yeah *sigh* you wouldnt laugh so hard if you got one. *glares*
any idea how hard it is to find fitting pants when you have a Jlo butt but still have a small waist?
Or find a skirt that isnt showing your cheeks? And im not talking about those short miniskirts that look like belts on me, nooo im talking about a decent 35 cm!
*sigh*
still, this dress looks nice :mrgreen:

DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Hi all. I've been a really bad lexling and haven't posted here in weeks. :( I've been reading and keeping up though. Darcy is still here for 2 more weeks. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. We've been together for a good long time, but it still seems like it flew by.

I have a new toy though. Last week, darcy and I got the new ipod touch released by apple. Being blind, I never thought I'd be able to use a touch screen, much less use it as efficiently as I have been with this ipod touch. I will save the boring details, but suffice it to say, apple is my new best friend. :) Well we've been best friends for a while now, but I'm really happy how everything turned out with this new ipod. :)

Okay, going to take a stab at obie's survey.
Name: Holly
Year you graced us by being born: 1980
Locale: Cookeville Tennessee
Slave to da man? Not yet. I'm looking into learning to program so I can write applications for the iphone.
Spawn? No,
Doing anyone? Darcy
Tats/Piercings: I have both ears pierced once,although I rarely wear earrings.
Attracted to: geeks/nerds, people who are a little bit dorky. Um, guys with nice voices? I'm really not sure. lol It's hard for me to say what I find attractive. Guys who can sing on't hurt any.
Turn offs: Arrogance, smugness, wiat those are the same? lol
TV Watching: The office, doctor who, torchwood, glee (yes I know its dorky, but I love choir stuff)
Reading: Catching fire (the second book in the hunger games trilogy) and after that going to read the new dan brown book.
Lex member you want to recommend.... Everyone here is great if I had to recommend one, it would be terri/obs. she's awesome, and I don't have to tell you that she's hilarious. :)
Favorite movie of all time: the princess bride

Jasmine, I have to agree with you about the not wanting kids thing. I am absolutely paranoid about that, because I do not want kids. So I completely identify with what you are saying.

Okay, that's all for now.
Holly
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

jasmine wrote:@pharmer, nooooooooo is that you????? awesome!
btw avatar or avatar the last airbender? ;)
yar, it's me.

the coat covers all the tattoos really well. I'm also a little shaggy there - needz to see da hair people.

avatar I am referring to is by James Cameron. I don't know a lot about airbender other than: 1) based on cartoon. 2) rathbone. (I've wiki'd it, but it holds no context to me)

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Ninna is a bit disappointed that pharmer looks just like a normal, nice guy when all his tat's, twi-ness and dirty language is all covered up. In Ninna's mind all her lexlings sparkle like Eddie-in-the-sun.

I'm upset with D. He bought a PS3, well actually I ordered it via work. And he has plugged it in, So far I'm OK. He used it as compensation for stopping taking snuff. But somehow, now the DVD player only gives out sound. No picture. I got annoyed, but decided to use the PS3 to watch a movie while I ate (there's nothing on TV). Just the thing, I can't get the controls to obey me. I sat there on the floor in front of the TV/DVD/PS3 and bawled like a baby. Preggie Ninna don't feel to emotionally sane right now...
I guess I could change the scat-cords on the back, but I just feel mopey and handicapped, and in this state I shouldn't do anything because I usually end up breaking things.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer maybe you should get into the last airbender a lill, lots of grownups are really digging the cartoon. Sid and i both enjoy it aswell. :)

[edit] nooooooooooooooo, why is my undersign picture gone? *cries*

pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

if you mean your signature with Gypsy on it, it's still there

Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hey Guys! Hope you all had a good weekend. I am sick of FB being stupid. So sorry if I seem to be ignoring anyone, it isn’t my intent. FB just won’t let me post things or sometimes does and it is on Would you PLEASE stop trying to get round the filters? list right now.

So had some really sad news on Friday. I work from home and call into a morning huddle along with a bunch of other people bc my “office” is located in Columbus, Ohio and I am in Chicago (iL) as most of you know. But anyway so we all call into our morning huddle and no one has heard from our supervisor at all. Our manager called around and heard nothing. She called back again and found out that my supervisor Lea had passed away! I guess her husband found her. There isn’t a funeral service being held just the burial. So people are speculating if it was suicide or some freaky medical thing (heart attack, aneurism) and of course no one is saying anything at the office, they are like the FBI over there with so many things. But anyway it is just so sad. She was only 43 and has a 10 year old daughter. They just moved 2 weeks ago too and bought a new house. So needless to say it is very somber around here. Just makes me realize that life is short and is a gift. Too short to complain about things all day, or worry about the small stuff.

Went to go see Love Happens this weekend. It is very sad, sadder than what I thought. Went w/a friend who really wanted to see it. It is about dealing with death, so not a movie that has been done a lot. It is more of a renter than anything. Also the baseball game was a lot of fun even though my team lost  and sucked it, but oh well. At least Notre Dame and the Bears won this weekend!!! WOOOHOOO. (you know you love it Misty) hahaha.

So excited for new TV episodes to start again. Big Bang and HIMYM is on and NEW TONIGHT!!! YAY!

Misty-that is great news about the hubs!!! Wooohooo. Crossing my fingers and praying that everything works out OK.

Holls- Hey sweetie long time no see! Hope you are doing well ;) How do you like catching fire so far? I have only gotten thru the 1st chapter haven’t had a ton of time to read. But hoping I can read some more today.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY