Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Amanda Beth »

But what about MILY? Or was that a typo?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Oh, good. I'm so glad you guys don't know either. :D
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Yes, I've been missing in action for the past few weeks...spending my time at night between writing my fanfic "Perfect Forever", reading updates of my favorite stories, and reading a chapter or two of Twilight so as not to lose my perspective on the characters. Ballgame season is so busy, I don't have much free time. I am so excited! I updated Chapter 11 of Perfect Forever this morning about 1 am and it had gotten almost 200 hits by 10 am!! And, then...I come on and find Openhome's post about people stealing other people's work...HMMMMPH! I updated my profile immediately with a disclaimer!
My stories are by no means of publishing quality, but they are mine just the same...and hard earned.
Rant over.

BTW...I broke down and read THE SUBMISSIVE today, and all I can say is OMG!!! :oops: :twisted: :!:
I simply can't wait to read THE DOMINANT, and I must have THE TRAINING as soon as possible. NOW I understand all the panties of fire and stuff!!! Domward is sooooo hot!!! I had to run out and replace every pair I owned today! :lol:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Amanda Beth wrote:But what about MILY? Or was that a typo?

I have never heard of MILY.

DILF - Dad's I Like To F$@!
MILF - Mom's I Like To F$@!
VILF - Vampires I Like To F$@!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

I know that we are all very anxiously awaiting for tomorrow and the start of The Training by tara sue me. But I just got an e-mail alert about another story by tara sue me in collaboration with 3 other authors, antiaol, Melissa228 and ScarlettLetters, called The Hills of Twilight. I have not had a chance to read the first chapter, but it starts out with Maria's POV. Interesting!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5392045/1/

We all love tara sue me, so this other story might be worth our time.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
navarre

Post by navarre »

SweetKay wrote:
older_twilight_fan wrote:I couldn't resist posting--this thread has been too quiet lately.

I was just looking at my calendar to see what's going on next week. Amongst my various kids' activities like soccer practice, a baseball game, chorus before school, and school pictures; I remembered the most important activity of all...tara sue me's The Training begins Tuesday, September 22nd! Only three more days before we see what Domward and Bella have been getting up to, or getting down to, whichever you prefer. :lol:

I'll think I'll have to spend a little time with The Submissive and The Dominant this weekend to reacquaint myself with our lovely Domward and his flogger. 8-)
Yes I agree it has been much too quiet lately. I assume everyone is out trying to enjoy the last bit of summer.

Thanks for the reminder about The Training starting, I had forgotten!! So much to look forward to! :D

I recently found a new fanfic that was linked on the Addicted to The Ex Factor Facebook site. It is The Fallout by OCDindeed. Oh my gosh it is such a brilliant, well written story!! Here is the summary: March 16, 2006, the world the Cullen’s knew...ended. What if Edward never made it back in time, and failed to protect the one human that only mattered to him? Nuclear War? The Cullens? Nope...not a crackfic. Dark & Angsty. NM-AU

Nuclear bombs are dropped all over and the story goes between the time the bombs drop in the year 2006 and then 10 years later, 2016. The Cullen's with Alice's foresight knew that something dire was going to happen and with Carlisle's guidance planned for the future. The Cullen's have spent the last 10 years traveling across the US helping humans. They are tired of the nomadic lifestyle and have decided to settle in one place again. Excellent story line and amazingly done and written.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4946176/1/The_Fallout

David - could you please add this story to our Lexicon FanFic List? Thanks!!

Kay ~
I started reading The Fallout and to be honest I don't know if I can keep going. It is an excellent storyline, and the imagery is unbelievable! But, my heart hurts with each chapter. I got to chapter 3 and I just had to walk away.
Unless she pulls a rabbit out of her hat, I see this as a pure tragedy. I can not handle tragic endings.
I know that all of this does not necessarily mean that it will be, but I'm just having a hard time with it. What kills me is that it is so expertly written and her premise is fantastic as well as tragic and I DO NOT want to walk away. I WANT to be able to read this story and enjoying her writing and deal with whatever cards the author plays. I know, I know, it is fictional, but it's still hard.
I am glad you reccomend it, because even if I can't read it now, I am determined to read this story. It is breathtaking.
SweetKay

Post by SweetKay »

navarre wrote:
SweetKay wrote:
older_twilight_fan wrote:I couldn't resist posting--this thread has been too quiet lately.

I was just looking at my calendar to see what's going on next week. Amongst my various kids' activities like soccer practice, a baseball game, chorus before school, and school pictures; I remembered the most important activity of all...tara sue me's The Training begins Tuesday, September 22nd! Only three more days before we see what Domward and Bella have been getting up to, or getting down to, whichever you prefer. :lol:

I'll think I'll have to spend a little time with The Submissive and The Dominant this weekend to reacquaint myself with our lovely Domward and his flogger. 8-)
Yes I agree it has been much too quiet lately. I assume everyone is out trying to enjoy the last bit of summer.

Thanks for the reminder about The Training starting, I had forgotten!! So much to look forward to! :D

I recently found a new fanfic that was linked on the Addicted to The Ex Factor Facebook site. It is The Fallout by OCDindeed. Oh my gosh it is such a brilliant, well written story!! Here is the summary: March 16, 2006, the world the Cullen’s knew...ended. What if Edward never made it back in time, and failed to protect the one human that only mattered to him? Nuclear War? The Cullens? Nope...not a crackfic. Dark & Angsty. NM-AU

Nuclear bombs are dropped all over and the story goes between the time the bombs drop in the year 2006 and then 10 years later, 2016. The Cullen's with Alice's foresight knew that something dire was going to happen and with Carlisle's guidance planned for the future. The Cullen's have spent the last 10 years traveling across the US helping humans. They are tired of the nomadic lifestyle and have decided to settle in one place again. Excellent story line and amazingly done and written.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4946176/1/The_Fallout

David - could you please add this story to our Lexicon FanFic List? Thanks!!

Kay ~
I started reading The Fallout and to be honest I don't know if I can keep going. It is an excellent storyline, and the imagery is unbelievable! But, my heart hurts with each chapter. I got to chapter 3 and I just had to walk away.
Unless she pulls a rabbit out of her hat, I see this as a pure tragedy. I can not handle tragic endings.
I know that all of this does not necessarily mean that it will be, but I'm just having a hard time with it. What kills me is that it is so expertly written and her premise is fantastic as well as tragic and I DO NOT want to walk away. I WANT to be able to read this story and enjoying her writing and deal with whatever cards the author plays. I know, I know, it is fictional, but it's still hard.
I am glad you reccomend it, because even if I can't read it now, I am determined to read this story. It is breathtaking.

The Fallout Discussion

Christy -

You are so correct this story is absoutely fracking heartwrenching. I sure hope that you go back to it tho, the story is incredible. The part where Alice sees the vision of when the bombs are going to be dropped and she withdraws and becomes incoherent was tough. Also in the latter chapters when after the bombs drop and Jasper feels all of human emotions and becomes an emotional cripple and stops eating for weeks on end was very hard to take in. The very tough parts of the storyline are the parts in 2006 after the bombs are dropped. The portion of the story ten years later in 2016 are much more optimistic. But of course Edward carry's guilt around about Bella to an incredible extreme.

Here is a thought for you....... At the beginning of the story, the prologue, when Jasper is with Maria. What do you think is in the cage down in the chamber, when Maria will not allow Jasper to get close? I read a very interesting review that someone wrote as to what they think is in the cage. I will not repeat it here, but I found it extremely interesting.

Anyone else reading The Fallout? Any comments/thoughts?
SweetKay
ImageImage
navarre

Post by navarre »

SweetKay wrote:The Fallout Discussion

Christy -

You are so correct this story is absoutely fracking heartwrenching. I sure hope that you go back to it tho, the story is incredible. The part where Alice sees the vision of when the bombs are going to be dropped and she withdraws and becomes incoherent was tough. Also in the latter chapters when after the bombs drop and Jasper feels all of human emotions and becomes an emotional cripple and stops eating for weeks on end was very hard to take in. The very tough parts of the storyline are the parts in 2006 after the bombs are dropped. The portion of the story ten years later in 2016 are much more optimistic. But of course Edward carry's guilt around about Bella to an incredible extreme.

Here is a thought for you....... At the beginning of the story, the prologue, when Jasper is with Maria. What do you think is in the cage down in the chamber, when Maria will not allow Jasper to get close? I read a very interesting review that someone wrote as to what they think is in the cage. I will not repeat it here, but I found it extremely interesting.

SPOILERS.

At first I thought it must have been Edward, because of Jasper's reaction. But when Edward's name was mentioned or the name "Cullen", it seemed like it 'pained' one of the vampires standing with Maria and Jasper. Then, and I'll have to go back and look, I thought this must be something that she (Maria) is going to use to advance her power base. Could it be a bomb?
Could it be Edward? I'm thinking it is probably something none of us could imagine.

Kay ~ :cry: I wish and hope that Bella survived and no one knows it yet. :cry:
Man, I'm a big baby. Why does this story have to hurt so bad and be so damn good. How crazy is that.
Okay, If I go back to this, I have you to hold my hand, right? *laughs*
SweetKay

Post by SweetKay »

navarre wrote:
SweetKay wrote:The Fallout Discussion

Christy -

SPOILERS.

At first I thought it must have been Edward, because of Jasper's reaction. But when Edward's name was mentioned or the name "Cullen", it seemed like it 'pained' one of the vampires standing with Maria and Jasper. Then, and I'll have to go back and look, I thought this must be something that she (Maria) is going to use to advance her power base. Could it be a bomb?
Could it be Edward? I'm thinking it is probably something none of us could imagine.

Kay ~ :cry: I wish and hope that Bella survived and no one knows it yet. :cry:
Man, I'm a big baby. Why does this story have to hurt so bad and be so damn good. How crazy is that.
Okay, If I go back to this, I have you to hold my hand, right? *laughs*

MAYBE A SPOILER - MAYBE NOT!!

Of course I will hold your hand!! I LOVE this story!!

Could it be B***A?
SweetKay
ImageImage
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I LOVE this story. Honestly, it is the best thing written that I've read, published or not, this year. Here are my thoughts:
Yes, it's Bella. Otherwise why would he care. She is either a vampire or a human.
Or... creepier...
What if vampire venom could heal dead humans? What if it changed when it was irradiated, and what was in the cage were humans being re-born?
Her ability to write cliff-hangers is jut killing me. I read it until chapter 6 and can't wait to have some time to myself to read more.
I truly TRULY hope she writes her own fiction, because she has the potential to be the best of the best.
The last few chapters do contain a lot of hope. Edward is beginning to see the light, and Alice is beginning to heal. If she can pull this off, it will be one of the most anticipated endings ever.