Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Amanda Beth »

If I found someone ripping off my fanfic I'd go postal. I'd feel violated.

Finally put up the next chapter of TPC... it's weak because of my writer's block but I needed to get it finished.

Question for writers: I don't think I can write the rest of this fanfic chapter by chapter. I need to write at least a group of chapters together because I'm going to need to make sure they flow and i'll probably need to go back and forth between them with editing.
Has anyone else gotten to that point?
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Amanda Beth -- I actually am to the point with Perfect Forever that I don't know where to go next. I thought I wanted to go one way, but the characters took me in a totally different direction. So, like you...I may start doing a couple of chapters at the time.

Okay...can't overt my eyes much longer to The Training discussions. I'll be back after reading! :)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I am so broken hearted. :( Due to another #@!hole thief, we have lost a brilliantly written story:

In the Land of Milk & Honey by jesus is magic.

Someone hijacked her story and she is devasted. She has taken the story down and said that she is going to re-write and try to publish it at some point.

I wish to God, they would find these worthless sub-humans and deal with them harshly!!!!!!!! :evil:

If you never had a chance to get to this story, it is probably for the best, because at least you are not going to miss desperately what you never read.

I don't have any other words for this. Tonight has sucked - BIG WEINIES!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Navarre, I am so sorry we lost that story! I just found it through a Twilighted thread, and it disappeared. :(
Does anyone know some of the authors who have successfully copyrighted their work. OCDINDEED and VJGM are copyrighted, and I think angst goddess working on it. Maybe we could get a suggestion as to how to copyright our own work.
It is SO SAD that this has come this far. People who freely share their talent must erase it to protect it. It just stinks! :evil:

Amanda Beth and missp, I know that I almost have to save chapters under their own file so that I can bring them up side by side. If I don't, I make mistakes.

By the way, is anyone up to trade beta reading? I would love to beta for someone if they would be willing to read and honestly critique my next work. Just a thought.
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

***The Training Discussion CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!***
MERCIFUL HEAVENS ABOVE!!! Domward is the man!! What he could do to me...let me count the ways!
I too love the way that TSM picked up right where The Dominant left off. I knew SubBella would not feel totally his until she once again wore his collar. And he whipped out that riding crop first thing!!! *Squeals* And what about the peek of things to come? The clamps! OMG!!!
Poor SubBella. When DomWard pulled out the pizza cutter thingy...Lordy Lordy! What girl could possibly hold her tongue in that delicious moment? I knew it was coming...but didn't expect punishment in the first chapter. I'm so glad it was only eight lashes...but wasn't he just perfect when it was over???
I can see now we are in for some kind of treat this story! May as well go now and stock up on new panties! :twisted: [/color][/size][/b]

Now, it's on to read Amanda Beth's latest chapter of PC and then on to PinkParamore's "probable" last chapter of Rising Storm. :)
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

The Training Discussion

Oh Domward....how I have missed you....let me count the ways. 8-)

Wow...tarasueme did not disappoint. She just jumped right back in with no holds barred. I loved this bit:

from The Training Chapter 1, by tara sue me

“I won’t ask you that again,” he said. “From now on, it is your responsibility to prepare your body to accept my @#$% in any manner I choose to give it to you.” He ran a finger around the rim of my ear. “If I choose to &%#@ your ear, I expect your ear to be ready.” He hooked his finger in my ear and pulled. I kept my head down. “Do you understand? Answer me.”

“Yes, Master.”
:shock: :oops: :lol:

Just like the rest of you, I am looking so forward to reading Domward's point of view. Do you think we'll see alternate point of views of the same scene each week, or just sort of a random switching back and forth from Bella to Domward?

I didn't really expect that Bella would be punished so soon, but I imagine Domward wants Bella to know that he means business, especially from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. ;) I loved how quickly and sweetly Domward responded with his aftercare, his gentle touches, his need for Bella's reassurance that she "is okay", and especially his tender kisses. I think this nurturing attitude will be the catalyst that enables them to succesfully transition from weekend Dom/Sub to weekday Edward/Bella behavior and make this relationship the best of both worlds for them.
Banner by TammyAZ
missp

Post by missp »

Prophet's Child discussion...SPOILERS!!
Amanda Beth -- kudos!! I love love love the revisit to books past in Bella's memories! I knew it would be hard on Jake to go back to Forks, but I never thought about how hard it would be for Bella...such mixed emotions there for her.
You have captured the characters exactly in the light I picture them in after Breaking Dawn.
Edward cracks me up...all Daddyward and all. For a vampire with eternity to remember everything that happened between him and Bella, he sure has a short memory where Jacob and Nessie are concerned.That's my favorite part of him...he's a Dad, through and through. I also love the way you are giving Nessie and Jacob a chance to develop their love for one another with out too much pda(private and public). :)
Keep up the great writing. I hope to see Ramses make an appearance before too long. He is such an interesting character. :)
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Amanda Beth wrote:Question for writers: I don't think I can write the rest of this fanfic chapter by chapter. I need to write at least a group of chapters together because I'm going to need to make sure they flow and i'll probably need to go back and forth between them with editing.
Has anyone else gotten to that point?
This is one reason I don't want to put up a fic until I've finished it. Like right now, I'm realizing I need to insert a lot of stuff in my current draft earlier in the story, which will change a lot of stuff after...
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

The Office
I agree, Caryn and Tracy, the texts were amazing. And for each one I read, I kept saying in my head: Call him...just call him..he needs you... I was sort of annoyed with Bella for sending him away. I understand that she is dealing with it in her way, but I felt so bad for him.

I am sure he is not cheating. There has got to be another explanation. I think like you guys said that maybe they have both moved on, and were just catching up . And they both lived in France, and they are big on hugs and kisses when they greet each other, I think. So it was probably innocent. Just wrong place, wrong time, and you have a big misunderstanding. At least that's what I am telling myself...

The Training
I forgot to say yesterday how much I loved that he finally kissed her during their Dom/sub "sessions". And he is so caring with her.
The early punishment was a bit of a surprise for me too. But it is her training, so I guess he wants to set the standards early.

Tracy ~ I'm not sure what she'll do with the POVs. I hope she'll do a bit of both. For the really "special scenes" I would like both POVs. But other than that I am fine with random switching.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

missp wrote:Prophet's Child discussion...SPOILERS!!
Keep up the great writing. I hope to see Ramses make an appearance before too long. He is such an interesting character. :)
[/size]
Thanks missp... Ramses will be back soon enough, no worries :)