EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Post by Meztli »

*sitting in office chair, bouncing up and down, chanting*
BHG BHG BHG BHG BHG BHG BHG BHG BHG!!!
HELLO HELLO!!
I was wondering what happened to you? It's been awhile. Hope everything is going good. Now let me answer some questions and then I got one of my own.

My answer regarding Derek's question of if Emmett's family would have found them first is much like BHG. Depending on what he was in the woods for they wouldn't know what had happened to him. Connsidering the time frame(Great Depression) and being mauled by a bear, I think he might have been away hunting. Naturally, bears avoid us, which is why you should make noise when in the woods so you don't startled them. There are a few scenarios I see. Number one, if Emmett was hunting, he would have been being very very sneaky. If he happened upon a bear, the bear would have freaked out and attacked him. Number two, Emmett had killed something and as he was skinning, gutting, or whatever with the meat, the bear would have smelled it and come searching. He might have see Emmett as a rival for the food and then attacked him. One slightly different scenario is a rogue bear. I'm assuming durning the Depression that people were dieing from hunger and such which made an easy meal for a bear. Or people were falling victim to wild animals in the woods as well. So I add my answer to BHG as well.

Okay the parachute one gets me. Edward does say that he'd jump out the plane and return to the crash site but he said he'd wait until he was close enough to the ground to jump. Which makes me think two things; Height really does effect a vampire or he is just being paranoid with Bella. I'm willing to be it's the latter.

What did Emmett do in his spare time?
He gambled most likely. Look at his betting impulse. He was a gambler. Maybe boxed for fun. I think he didn't have a hobby. To me it seems he entertained himself with anything and everything. Give him a yard of string and he's good for three hours. But then again he gets bored easily, so he'd constanly be duing something. I think he family would know when he's up to something. "It's quiet. Too quiet. Where's Emmett?!" Basically if you can't see or hear Emmett, he must be doing something. Just like my dog :lol:

Do you think Emmett would go skydiving?
In a heartbeat. :? :lol: That's kinda ironic huh? Or what's that other word I'm thinking of...? I don't know but it's funny when you think about it. 'In a heartbeat.' And yet Emm is a vampire :lol:

Finally, Willow's question kinda meshes with mine but it also brought something up. Technically this has nothing to do with Emmett but it's been bugging me for a few days now. So Bella was transformed after giving birth. Durning the pregnancy her stomach was super swollen. Now when you change, you're frozen in the state you're in. So wouldn't Bella have a deflated stomach with some sort of flap of skin from her pregnancy with Renesmee or she would still have a slightly bloated stomach? And Esme too huh, cause when she gave birth her son died a few days later. She would still have an inflated tummy too, right? :?

Also FANFICTION UPDATE!!!!<-shameless plug
I have posted the first chapter to my new story If Only For A Day. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

HOLY FACH A FREAKING NELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been SO long, and BHG IS BACK! I'm so very excited to see you back over here, bhg! As am I excited to be back over here. I got done with about 1 1/2 hours worth of studying, so I figured I'd give myself a little treat and come to the Lex for a bit!

ANYWAY, I sense a change in the air. Who thinks we can get this back to the old EDC? *everyone raises hands* Good, because I do too. Lets get this ball rolling! The more posting, the more I feel the pressure to come back over here and get a counting, which isn't good for my school work, but oh so good for my poor, over-stuffed brain. :)

Speaking of counting...its been a while since I've given any promotions, so here we go!!

HANNAH, you WERE on Clean up Crew, but while I was gone you totally passed that and zoomed right on to Hand Laborer!
Raven, you are now a Dump Truck Trainee!
Elise-you, my dear, have FINALLY gotten another promo! You are now a Backhoe Operator!
Derek, I know they don't really matter to you, but you are a Crane Trainee!
Mez, you are now a Front Loader Trainee!

CONGRATS to all the promos! I thought I'd have to do some, but not nearly that much. Plus, some that have been trying to get to the next level for so long finally did it! Good job to everyone!

Oh my gosh. I'm still jumping in my seat. To be able to get two seconds away from homework is just AH-MAZING. It feels so good. Then, to come back to BHG, Elise, Mez (though I have tried to keep in touch with her for fanfiction puproses. ;) ), and everyone else...its so cool. Hopefully you guys can forgive me for not being around and let me try to climb back in.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my car! Its so great. I'm so happy that I get to drive anywhere, anytime, with anyone is just...so awesome. I got seat covers and everything, which is so nice because it makes it more my own. Still very excited about it. :)

Elise-HAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: You bring up a very good point! Usually I'm the kind of person who just CAN'T get mad. Whenever I try to be angry at someone, it usually just ends up sounding like a bunch of silly statements about nothing. :roll:
Speaking of me being happy and smiley and not really all that angry...This happens to be my current theme song (it changes from day to day. haha. :)) Say Hey
Yeah. I've admited to being weird before. We don't need to keep stating that fact. :lol:

Now onto comments about the questions!

Bri: That would be sooo great! Someone needs to make that fanfiction. Not even kidding. :lol:

The parachute/skydiving question instrests me for some reason...I like it. I can TOTALLY picture him flying out of the plane. I mean, he'd have so much fun! He'd be the one person who I could really see doing something like that and having the time of his life while doing so. So funny!

I'll answer this one, though you know what I'll say, just for kicks and giggles. :)

What if Emmett could choose a new mate. Do oyu think he would stay wiht Rose or find someone who he has more in common with?
DEFINITELY stay with Rose. Why? Well, as we all know (multiple times over), I believe that Rosalie and Emmett were MEANT to be together. Its like a magnet that was somehow always trying to find its other piece. Emmett and Rosalie are opposites, and thats why i think they fit like puzzle pieces. Emmett wouldn't be with anyone that was more excited and just wanted to have fun, because then there wouldn't be anything to hold him back. For instance, if Rosalie weren't there for him during times when the Volturi were coming after them, Emmett might have just gone to Volterra by himself, which could have gotten him killed. The same goes for Rosalie. If she didn't have Emmett, she would always be drowning in depression. Hes the one who picks her up and makes her happy. They are a perfect match.

Ok, I'm done with my sap fest. I will be on here...hopefully this weekend. I'm going to go back to studying my math (stupid freaking college class...), and hopefully it will all pay off when I take my test on Thursday. I believe my niece and nephew are coming over this weekend, so I might be able to get Taylor back on.

Anywho, see you guys later!

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Meztli

Post by Meztli »

YAY for promotion!!! *does Hammer Dance* CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!

Glad you enjoy driving Carrie. Just be careful not to get in a wrech or get pulled over. I've been driving for about a year now and I've yet to get pulled over! But when I do I want someone there to take the picture when the cop gives me my ticket :lol: It'll be like him giving me my diploma!

But also I plan on giving my little brother my current car, jeep grand cherokee, when he graduates. But that's not until four years from now and I want a smaller car to drive durning the summer or just when there isn't any snow. Mostly because of my driving style. I like to go fast and am always taking sharp turns which is bad when you drive any type of SUV because of the risk of rolling over. I was thinking a BMW or a volvo S60. The volvo yes, but a BMW like rose's, no.
Like this -> BMW. It's pretty.
I just can't choose which one :?

I missed a question!

What if Emmett could choose a new mate. Do you think he would stay with Rose or find someone who he has more in common with?
NO!!! I completely agree Carrie. Emmett wouldn't be the fun-loving Emmett we all know and love if he wasn't with Rose. There isn't much to say on the topic. Well, Carrie kinda said it all. They need to be together.

Okay everybody, out of curiosity, who plans on trying or is going to a midnight screening of New Moon? I plan to but I need to decide on a movie theater. But I have an elaborate plan to get a place in line. MWahaha...

Now to go change my occupation!
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Ok, I was skimming through the thread looking for promotions so I can update the member list and I saw this question that I just had to answer. So bear with me as it's a question from early in the thread and many of you answered it. But, this is something I've thought about a lot and considered a fanfiction about it, but I don't have time to write at the moment so I don't know if it'll ever happen. Anyway, on with the question...

After Bella beat Emmett to an arm wrestling match, 1) how do you think he dealt with losing, 2) how long do you think it took him to get over it, and 3) How long and/or how many tries do you think it took him to beat Bella (because he challenged her to another one, and we all know that COULDN'T have been it. :lol: )
I think he handled it the same way he handles losses to Jasper and Edward - he was frustrated, demanded a rematch, and couldn't wait for the opportunity to beat her. And I'm sure he accused her of cheating just like he does with Edward and Jasper. I don't think he sits around sulking over his losses. I think he has a moment of frustration, but then it's over because he demands the rematch then starts planning how to beat them. He makes himself feel better by telling himself and everyone else that they cheated (used their extra powers when he doesn't have anything extra to use against them). I think they had another match probably once a week or every 2 weeks. I don't think he would let it go very long before getting her to try again and she liked her strength so she would be willing and Edward liked that someone could beat Emmett and put him in his place so he would encourage her to do it often. Bella described the match as not even having to try and Emmett was obviously trying so I think somewhere around the 6 month mark they may have been about equally matched and she had to start making an effort then. But it was probably another month or two before her strength faded enough for him to win.

So thanks for letting me revive an old question. It was just too good of one to pass up. I HAD to answer it. The little Emmett in my head demanded that I did. 8-)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Yay! Promotion!
Congrats to Hannah, Mez, Elise, Liz, and anyone who I missed!

Derek, I know they don't really matter to you, but you are a Crane Trainee!

What do you mean? :)
Oh, and I have officially made a Twitter, for those of you who care!
So far, I have Carrie and Sky, I think, but if anyone has one PM me and I can follow you over there!

I can't think of any questions I have missed... This is a really long, hypothetical one.
Let's say Emmett and the Cullens are in their house, and they need to escape for some reason. A beam collapses, crushing Alice, Jasper, Edward, Esme and Carlisle; and another crushes Rosalie. Since they are on other sides of the room, Emmett only has time to rescue either Rosalie; or all the Cullens. Who does he choose?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

WOO HOO!!! Promotion!I even skipped a stage. Oh yeah. :mrgreen: Congrats to Derek, Mez, Elise, and Liz!

Anyway, question:

Let's say Emmett and the Cullens are in their house, and they need to escape for some reason. A beam collapses, crushing Alice, Jasper, Edward, Esme and Carlisle; and another crushes Rosalie. Since they are on other sides of the room, Emmett only has time to rescue either Rosalie; or all the Cullens. Who does he choose?

I think he'd jump into the middle of the two beams and lift them up at the same time. Or, the Cullens would lift the beam and Emmett would save Rosalie.

Sorry the answer was short, but that's what I thought. :mrgreen:

~h. f. e. l.

And Derek: do you think I should make a Twitter? I'm thinking about it...

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
Meztli

Post by Meztli »

Question Question Question!!

Well, as odd of a question, I agree with Willow. If anything, I fear for the beam. It would be dented by Carlisle's shoulders and end up getting his clothes dirty, which was anger Alice. Then Jasper would pulverize the poor thing as it was a 'threat' to Alice. Rose would probably punch the beam away as it threatens to mess up her hair. And then Emmett would think of some game they could play with the two large beams. Or say something like 'Go Rosie! Punch that wood!' :? Something like that.
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Oh My Goodness EDC. We haven't had a new post in over a week!!!!!
*grabs flamethrower and begins to fight back crickets*
Looks around for Fat and Ted *help me out guys!!*

Question time!!!

I think that Emmett would save Rosalie and Bella would save the others, you didn't mention Bella...
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

*carrie's head starts to explode with frustration*
ROAR!

Ok, so my niece was over this weekend, so i had her write a note for you guys on here. right as i was about to post it, we had to go. So, i THOUGHT i saved it, but apparently i didn't! ugh! it was an entire post with her note and all that jazz. so....angry-making (for those of you who have read the uglies series. :))

Despite the fact that I'm angry right now, i'm going to post!!

I agree with what many people are saying. I mean, the house would be the one with the problem in its hands. If Emmett wanted to be tough, though, he's probably help Rosalie and then go for the Cullens. She would not be happy if she was the last one to get rescued, especially if it was Emmett doing the rescuing. :lol:

That's all I've got for now! I'm heading out of town for the weekend, so I guess I'll see you guys later!

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Meztli

Post by Meztli »

Guess what kids!!!!!

Sit Boy update!!!
Yes, you heard right! I have updated Sit Boy with chapter three! Go check that out por favor!

Also a question for you peeps. And it's more like a general knowledge question.

With popularity of the Twilight Saga booming, do you think the names of the characters will start to boost in numbers? And would you yourself consider naming your kid(s) after any Twilight characters?

I just might. I liked Carlisle, Jasper, Emmett, Esme, Rosalie. Maybe some of those combo names we made up awhile ago. But I really think that people would start naming their kids after the Twilight characters. Oh wait, Emalie was one. Roslett i think was one, or it's not spelled that way. :? I'll be back with that later!