Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:Hmm.

Maybe I'll get it, if I can save enough money to get myself one of those tiny laptops to write with. It definitely looks good. I believe there's a Windows version too, right?

By the by, can anyone please repost the link to hunterhunting's blog for CWaIA? Much appreciated. :D

Rings~ It can also be accessed through her FFn profile (which I know is blocked at work for you, but still). Here you go, eHon.

HunterHunting on Blogspot.

PS: Hubs bought a NetBook for school. Loves it. I'm less impressed but it's still pretty handy. And not horribly expensive. Ours was $400 or so. But, do buy an external disc drive. Helpful.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Kay ~

I went back and started The Fallout again, and this time slower. I did pick up on Jasper's emotions when he caught sight of what was in the cage surrounded by the vampires. In a nutshell, shock, disbelief, anger, sadness, relief, love and lastly fear.
Love? I wondered about that emotion. The others make sense and explain a few things, but "love" threw me off.

Also, Maria telling Jasper that her plans of domination are within reach because of her gift.
At this point, Jasper is still trying to convince himself this is an illusion.

But the ending has me convinced for now that you may be right and I hope it is Bella.

"If I managed to make it out of here intact, we would come back, all seven of us. I just had no idea how we were going to do it, but we would come and claim what was ours. I would do whatever it took for this second chance, and more importantly to make it up to him, my brother. But this isn't my story of redemption...it's no longer my story to tell. It was Edward's."

Oh yeah, I am going to hold on to my hope in who I believe is in that cage. I feel "she" is something very important and possibly powerful enough for Maria to use to her advantage.

Come talk to me when you have time, m'dear. I am ready to tackle this story. It is beyond unbelievable!!

Thank you again, for the rec.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Oh, Navarre, welcome to the sad and dark side. I am also drooling over this one, and it is both very deep and very rewarding. I would love to discuss it with anyone who is reading it. She is one of the best authors I have every read, and can carry so much emotion in just a few words.
Part 2 will be of a fight, I just bet on it. If Jasper comes back alone, he will be bringing the Cullens down in force. I just can't wait!
Of course all the reading is totally screwing up writing my sequel to Singularity, but ah well...
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

navarre wrote:Kay ~

I went back and started The Fallout again, and this time slower. I did pick up on Jasper's emotions when he caught sight of what was in the cage surrounded by the vampires. In a nutshell, shock, disbelief, anger, sadness, relief, love and lastly fear.
Love? I wondered about that emotion. The others make sense and explain a few things, but "love" threw me off.

Also, Maria telling Jasper that her plans of domination are within reach because of her gift.
At this point, Jasper is still trying to convince himself this is an illusion.

But the ending has me convinced for now that you may be right and I hope it is Bella.

"If I managed to make it out of here intact, we would come back, all seven of us. I just had no idea how we were going to do it, but we would come and claim what was ours. I would do whatever it took for this second chance, and more importantly to make it up to him, my brother. But this isn't my story of redemption...it's no longer my story to tell. It was Edward's."

Oh yeah, I am going to hold on to my hope in who I believe is in that cage. I feel "she" is something very important and possibly powerful enough for Maria to use to her advantage.

Come talk to me when you have time, m'dear. I am ready to tackle this story. It is beyond unbelievable!!

Thank you again, for the rec.

Christy -

Yea!! I am so glad that you decided to re-consider The Fallout. You are very correct, parts of this story are very raw, emotional, sad and just plain tragic. But the story is so compelling and hard to walk away from.

I actually did not come up with the Bella Idea in the cage myself. I was reading some of the reviews and someone came up with the idea. I stopped and thought, OMG! Went right back to the epilouge and re-read it and it made sense. I actually can understand where the emotion love could be in Jasper's reaction to what he saw. Considering that Jasper is an empath and he always felt Edward's extreme love for Bella, then that would be a valid reaction.

An excellent point is made in the closing of the epilogue, that all seven of us would come back and claim what was ours. It just HAS to be Bella. I also will hold on to the hope!!

Now we just need an update, considering the cliffhanger in the last chapter!! Soon I hope!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
SweetKay

Post by SweetKay »

Oh, Oh, Oh.... sorry for the double post......

Clipped Wings and Inked Armor Updated!!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

CW&IA SPOILERS
The best line which is why I LOVE this Edward "because if I was in prison for murder I couldn’t finish Bella’s tatt and I couldn’t make sure she was eating. I also couldn’t keep an eye on her pill consumption." I love that those are his reason for not beating up someone. It's just so-- i dunno it's adorable in a very very weird way. AND the whole ramble in the shower about the loofa, and "it smells like vanilla so I thought..." His rationale for everything cracks me up. Love it.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

navarre wrote: To respond to the quick and decisive punishment Domward displayed - he did tell her not to utter a sound, she did. Understandable considering the implement of sexual seduction he was using - Yummo!
She disobeyed, she paid. But this time, Domward did it right. His aftercare was "ooohlalaa" and he cares, repects and loves her and she in turn feels the same and wants to please him as a submissive should to an excellent Dominant.
Two-way street.
She is training and it will not always be easy. She will be at her most vulnerable and will have to face fears of the unknown.
So when they had they long conversation at the end of TD, I'm sure that was discussed in detail.
Being a Dominant and Bella being the submissive is all they know and to me the true test is combining both the real world and their relationship in that world and "playing" on the weekends and climbing into different mind frames will be the challenge.
He has to establish the rules of the game so to speak and without rules and the enforcement of those rules, there is no point in the D/s relationship and respect and trust will never be established. So the punishment did not surprise me.
That's how I understand it.

I just love how he handles her and I love how she responds to him. They are perfect for each other in every way.
I look forward to this journey. Oh, and remember James :evil: will be in this story. *insert dramatic theme music* :lol:
I love the way Domward handles SubBella, too! There is such a vulnerability to both the Dom role and the Sub role! TSM hits the nail on the head every single time! I worried at first that I wouldn't be able to separate Domward and SubBella from SM's Bella and Edward...that it would somehow ruin my image of them...but it hasn't been a problem so far. The story is so beautifully written that it is easy to distinguish between the two.
I agree. The punishment had to be swiftly carried out. Otherwise, SubBella would not learn the absolute difference between being Edward's lover during the week and Domward's sub on the weekends. And, I think the tears were mostly from the knowledge that she disappointed Edward...not from the pain of the punishment. But, Domward's aftercare was absolutely perfect this time around. I was so angry with him in The Sub when he gave her 20 lashes and then sent her to her room like a five year old who had been spanked for misbehaving. But, then I read The Dom and understood perfectly where his own pain had hindered him from doing the proper thing. I am looking forward to seeing where TSM takes the story this time. However, *Dum Dum Dummmmmmmm...Ominous music plays in background*...I am not so sure I want a James any where near my SubBella and Domward! :evil:
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SweetKay wrote:Oh, Oh, Oh.... sorry for the double post......

AmandaBeth~ I absolutely agree. TattWard's inner monologues just totally crack my shiza up. I love the way his mind works.

But, I have to say, there were two things that just killed me in this chapter.

First, the way InkElla seems to need pain to... balance... atone for... loving TattWard. Gah!! It just breaks my heart.

And I am completely with Carlisle. Not only is the drug cocktail she is on absolutely dangerous, but the fact that she is taking all of these meds essentially unsupervised is of HUGE concern. I mean we have NEVER hear of her talking to or seeing a doctor, which is downright malpractice given what that girl appears to be on...

I absolutely adore how devoted to InkElla TattWard is in this chapter, but in his own way. The way he takes control over what she's doing to keep her from hurting herself, even though he wants nothing more than to completely submit to EXACTLY what she's doing...

And, yeah, the shower, with the poof... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: And, then when he talks about... using... the poof... :shock: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: Holy Shiza.

But, when he accepts, at the end, that he is in love with her, but then in the same thought, acknowledges that he can't share it with her, or even tell her, because it will break her. *whimpers*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SweetKay

Post by SweetKay »

CW&IA DISCUSSION

I am so glad that Edward went to Carlisle for help. Bella is headed for one huge breakdown. The combination of Thanksgiving, the next tattoo session and the drug cocktail that she is depending on is going to be one big crash. I wonder if even Bella's dependence on Edward will be enough to keep her stabilized. You have to admire Edward's devotion, but is it going to be enough for Bella's huge crash?
SweetKay
ImageImage
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:
SweetKay wrote:Oh, Oh, Oh.... sorry for the double post......

AmandaBeth~ I absolutely agree. TattWard's inner monologues just totally crack my shiza up. I love the way his mind works.

But, I have to say, there were two things that just killed me in this chapter.

First, the way InkElla seems to need pain to... balance... atone for... loving TattWard. Gah!! It just breaks my heart.

And I am completely with Carlisle. Not only is the drug cocktail she is on absolutely dangerous, but the fact that she is taking all of these meds essentially unsupervised is of HUGE concern. I mean we have NEVER hear of her talking to or seeing a doctor, which is downright malpractice given what that girl appears to be on...

I absolutely adore how devoted to InkElla TattWard is in this chapter, but in his own way. The way he takes control over what she's doing to keep her from hurting herself, even though he wants nothing more than to completely submit to EXACTLY what she's doing...

And, yeah, the shower, with the poof... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: And, then when he talks about... using... the poof... :shock: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: Holy Shiza.

But, when he accepts, at the end, that he is in love with her, but then in the same thought, acknowledges that he can't share it with her, or even tell her, because it will break her. *whimpers*
Caryn ~ I also thought her need for pain was punishment for surviving the crash when the others did not. Survivor's guilt. She has never forgiven herself for not stepping up and telling Jake that while she loved him, their relationship would not work. I remember her in the first part of this story talking about loving Jake but not enough. The tragedy, she feels, would have been avoided if she had said something - anything.

Oh, and when she was in the shower with Tattward and she saw the poof and bath gel and she got that look on her face - icy then angry and then blank. I had been confused about that. HH said that it was because Bella was jealous momentarily that maybe there had been another girl. It never occurred to me about that, because Bella and Tatt and been so joined at the hip for so long. So I am glad that got answered.
I was glad that Bella did not explode on Edward when he was looking through her photo album. I was holding my breath on that one.
Thankful for Carlise being there and helping Edward recognize his love for Bella, but my heart breaks for him in what he is going to have to deal with when Bella's breakdown happens. But I have faith they will come through this and be together.
Edward is going to have to face his past too and that is NOT going to be pretty either.
Great chapter!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict