Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by Nena »

Discuss the new Vampire Diaries series here :)
azziemoved2forks
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by azziemoved2forks »

I liked it, but they made Stefan and Elana look too much like Edward and Bella, and Elana not even supposed to be a brunette! I like the girl who plays her though, she would've made a great Bella
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

I've never read the book but I've watched the first couple episodes of the new TV show. I hope the book is better. The TV show is a carbon copy of Twilight. I'm serious, I've identified most of the main characters to a character in Twilight. I've pegged Edward, Bella, Alice, Mike, Charlie, Jake, Jessica, and James. And it's not just the characters but the plot line too. Like the diaries, in Twilight, CH added in the fact that Edward had hundreds of diaries. And in the last episode Stephen (aka Edward) gave Elena (aka Bella) Wuthering Heights, which just happened to be her favorite book. Imagine that :roll: . And every episode starts out as a bad horror movie. I can't decide whether to make fun of it or watch it. :roll:

Ali :D
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
azziemoved2forks

Post by azziemoved2forks »

I totally forgot about "Wuthering Heights." What are they thinking by even putting that in? I know Twilight and Vampire Diaries are very similier to begin with, but its just a bit ridiculas now. Actually I hope it doesn't follow the books too much, because hate those book so much.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I haven't read the VD books, but Elena is very Bella-ish on the TV show both in looks and personality. There was a reference to Stefan drinking animal blood and I was also surprised at the Wuthering Heights reference.

To me it seems that...
Elena=Bella
Stefan=Edward
Damon=James
Bonnie=Alice
Caroline=Rosalie (without the power) or Jessica or Lauren
Zach (the uncle)=Carlisle
The football player ex =Mike

Like, I said, I don't know how different the books are from the show, but if it is a big diff, then it seems the show creators are trying to make it Twilight: The TV Show.
JazpersGrl

Post by JazpersGrl »

^^Yeah, that's pretty much what I got, too.

Here's my roster:
Stephan (Stefan? Stefen? Stephen? Steven?)= Edward
Elena=Bella
Damon=James
Bonnie= Alice or maybe Angela
Caroline= Jessica
Matt (the ex)= Mike
Jeremy (the brother)= Jake (ish, sort of)
Jenna (the aunt) =Charlie

Okay, I thought of a couple of things about the show I found really funny.

1) Both Damon and James do this really weird head tilt thing. They look like dogs when they hear something they don't know. I have thusly named it the Evil Vampire Head Tilt. :lol:

2) In the last episode both Stefan and Damon were wearing the same thing. Black v-neck t-shirt, black leather jacket, and jeans. I was like 'alrighty then, apparently vampires have uniforms, now." :roll:

Ali :D
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
ashleigh_renee
Settled in Forks

Post by ashleigh_renee »

I was too stubborn to watch the series (& the fact that Flashforward was on) but i knew i'd be watching it and hating the fact that they fully ripped off the Twilight Series, but i'm still gonna try follow it... knowing that it won't satisfy me! Question is...is it worth following? The characters will never match up to what i want them to.

=( bummer
..So the lion fell in love with the lamb..
flutterbymonkeys`

Post by flutterbymonkeys` »

i enjoy the show... but am mad at the writers for dissing twilight in the last episode
Lion+Lamb=Lochness Monster!
JN
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I haven't seen the last ep (it's on my DVR waiting for me) and I can't believe they dissed Twilight when the show creators have borrowed so much from it since it seems they have deviated quite a bit from the book version of TVD. lol!
Edward Cullen Fan

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

For anyone thinking that VD is a rip off of Twilight, you should really research it before you say so. The books were written in the 90's and went out of print for a while until the past year or so. I just hate it when people say something is a rip off of another. Vampire stories have been told for an EXTREMLEY long time now. The same old myths have been used time and time again. There isn't any "original" story out there. That being said, I really hope people stop saying that, because it drives me absolutely insane. Moving on.

I read the first two books, and part of the third a while ago. I loved them when I read them. But yeah, I like the show better, honestly. I think it'll be better than the books. And let me just say, Damon is SO mine. :twisted: And finally, we got to see him shirtless! ;) Me and my best friend are always making perverted jokes about him. :lol: Anyways. I just love him! :]]]] I usually go for the good guys, but for whatever reason I'm drawn to Damon in this case.