EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #5

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Hey everyone!

Guess what?

IT. SNOWED. TODAY.

In fact, the snow is falling right at this very moment. I want to cry. Its still september, ms mother nature!!!!! oh my. this is going to be one long winter.

Anyway, on to other more important things. :)

With popularity of the Twilight Saga booming, do you think the names of the characters will start to boost in numbers? And would you yourself consider naming your kid(s) after any Twilight characters?
Oh, for sure! They have already been boosted a TON.
As for what I would like to name my kids, I've always liked Emmett. Ever since I saw Legally Blonde(you guys know what I'm talking about, right?), I've wanted to name my kid Emmett. When it appeared in Twilight it was just a big bonus for me. :)
I also like Emalie. I think that is quite possibly the coolest spelling of that name that I've ever seen. Plus, it would be part of twilight, but not really, you know? Its nice. :)
Then theres Jasper. I've always seen that as a horse name for some reason (don't ask why. :lol: :roll: ), so if I ever got a horse, I'd go for that. :lol:

Bye guys!

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

eek. snow. *shudders*

With popularity of the Twilight Saga booming, do you think the names of the characters will start to boost in numbers? And would you yourself consider naming your kid(s) after any Twilight characters?

I really like emalie. it's so nice! And I might name one of my kids one of the names... like alice. Except with the spelling Alysse. Or I would name my kid Bella, or Edward. Or rose. So, pretty much yeah. But I'm too young to think of that right now.

Toodles!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

-What inspired you to join the EDC. Inc?
1. well, I know many people on here and ive herd about them even more.
2. it seams really fun
3. why are we all here? EMMETT. Emmett now that i think about it is my favorite charictor. (but renesme and carlisle are way up there too)(im not a big jacob / edward person)

- What was your first impression of Emmett?
realy a big funny guy that was really intimidateing in a big brother like way.
( the first time i saw emmett (other than my mom talking about him) was in the twilight trailer when he says "this is not right edward shes not one of us" or something like that)

- What is your favorite Emmett quality?
how funny and jokeing he is. How he is so relaxed and laid back most of the time.

- What is your favorite Emmett moment and/or quote?
It would have to be the football game in, bd? when he yells stuff like ......
oh wait no make that the arm wrestleing scene :D
ive got alot
- What do you think about the casting of Kellan Lutz as Emmett in the Twilight movie?

I thought he did really good. with all of the doing his own stunts and stuff.
- Is there anything you would like to submit for potential topics of discussion?
I dont really know. ill probably go around with trying to awnser questions for now until i get the hang of it.

-Any last confessions concerning your love for Emmett?
A point my mom made, People startfreking out when the shade of the volvo gets just a little darker, then when emmetts jeep gets changed to a compleatly diffrent color, almost noone cares. Silver and red are two compleatly diffrent colors.

"behind every big tough grizly is a nice soft teddy bear"- me
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

I'm not really the one to welcome you, but... welcome! I love your quote! I'm Hannah, by the way...

Basically, we talk about Emmett. Have fun!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Hey Nezzie, I thought I would be the first to welcome you, but I see someone else beat me to it. Eventually someone will come and welcome you with the Welcome Cheer and Carrie will give you your first rank, but until then feel free to jump right in and answer questions.

And for the rest of you, if you haven't figured it out yet, Nezzie is my daughter. (Note to self: Keep office door locked and walls covered while daughter is around. :? )
Banner by urcoolcarrie
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

willowtree wrote:I'm not really the one to welcome you, but... welcome! I love your quote! I'm Hannah, by the way...

Basically, we talk about Emmett. Have fun!

~h. f. e. l.
The part about talking about emmett, i think i allready figured that out lol :D
~EDC~
team renesmee
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

oh hey... Im egar to jump right on in tomorow too and very eger to hear that welcome cheer. lol :lol:

oops allready broke a rule sorry mom( she came in my room swinging her 2x4s)
~EDC~
team renesmee
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Wow. 2 posts in one day! I know, i'm pretty proud of myself as well. :P

Nezzie!! I just went and welcomed you over on the...well, welcoming threads( :roll: )! Its very cool to have you on here. :)

So, I suppose the first order of business is to welcome you to the FABULOUS EDC!! I'm Carrie, HR Manager of this awesome place! You are now a Trainee! The more you post, the higher your rank gets. :)
And...thats pretty much it! This is the first time I haven't really had to explain rules to someone. Just listen to your mom and do what she says. :)
Before I forget...I love the 2x4s comment!!! :lol:

Oh, and speaking of ranks...Willow, you are now a Bulldozer Trainee! Congratulations!!

Since the current question hasn't really made its rounds yet, I'm going to leave this post as is for a while. I want to give more people a chance to answer the question before I come up with a new one. :)

I'm going to be without internet until Saturday afternoon AT LEAST (going out of town to get away from the snow. Good idea, eh? :lol: ), so be good while I'm gone. :)

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

OK, here I go reviving an old question again, but I liked it and wanted to answer it.

How religious do you think Emmett was as a human? Church every Sunday, more often, less...?
Given his comments about thinking he was burning in Hell and thinking Rose was an angel and Carlisle was God (by the way, these comments refered to how beautiful they were, not that he had doubts about the reality of these deities), I think he had some sort of Christian background. Given his Scotch-Irish heritage I lean toward Catholic, but then you could also argue that since his family had immigrated here at some point maybe they were Protestant. We don't know when or why they came to America, but in any case his religious background is Christian just based on his comments. I've always imagined his mother as being the religious one in the bunch. Emmett had obviously been taught right and wrong, what things were considered sins and the belief that sinners would go to Hell. His comment about having too much fun in his 20 years tells me that he wasn't constantly avoiding things because they were sins. It tells me he had the background/belief of whatever religion, but wasn't devout. He believed in God, he believed in Heaven and Hell, but he wanted to have "fun" and some of that "fun" was things that were considered sins. I've always had the idea that his attitude was something along the lines of "Well, Momma always told me this stuff would catch up to me one day. Guess she was right." As for how often he went to church...I think his mother took him every Sunday when he was a child, but as he got older and had a choice he probably went less often, but still enough to make Mom happy.

On another note, you will notice the member list changing as I work my way through the thread finding promotions and new members. Don't worry if your place on the list changes but is still not your current rank. I don't have time to sit and read the whole thread all at once so I update the list each time I read a few pages. That way I don't miss anyone and I get to catch up on what's been going on around the EDC. :) I'm currently on page 25 of the thread so it'll still be a while before I'm completely caught up.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

YAY! Promotion! I'm moving up!

How religious do you think Emmett was as a human? Church every Sunday, more often, less...?

yes, for reasons that BHG already said. he thought Rosalie was an angel and Carlisle was god. So, the answer is yes. :mrgreen:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)