Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by una »

mandustries wrote: Now, before I say any more, I am in no way saying all nerds are creepy ... but there's a large population that are. :lol: And, their creepyness is only compounded by their awkwardness.
I think part of why geeks are stereotyped as creepy is because they tend to have poor communication/interaction skills. They tend to be shy and when in a interpersonal situation, either overcompensate/try too hard or they are just clueless about the unspoken rules of interpersonal communication: comfort zones, appropriate topics, etc. My brother used to be this way and to some extent he still has trouble interacting in groups. He is MUCH better one on one. It's hard to grow and matured in social situations if you spend a lot of your time alone.

Carrie08 - my heart goes out to you dear! At least you don't have to seen him now.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Carrie80 wrote: Hawaiian shirt, tucked in with a belt, cargo shorts, ORANGE sneakers (and not the cool skater kind...like "special" orange sneakers...) tinted glasses and a bit of the snaggle tooth. I'm not a shallow person, so I'm thinking, ok this will be better than the first impression. We get seated and the conversation comes to a halt when he announces he's a "genius" and that he can't really read all that well...then we get our food and it ends up mostly on him rather than in him. At this point I'm thinking Jesus, PLEASE let this end!!! So, as soon as we've paid, we're on the way out and he grabs my hand and says "I knew we were meant to be because you drive a green toyota too."
Oh, for the love of Edward Cullen! That's when you have a girlfriend or someone call you and you go because you have an "emergency" and "have to leave".
Carrie80 wrote: Now...dating men who are creeps...I just spent five months of my life with a man who was living a double life...and the half that involved me, it turns out was all the lie. So...good times. :|
Wow. I remember you talking about him in the last Hash thread. He seemed like a good guy. My heart goes out to you, Carrie. See if the Volutri were real, we could ship this creep off to the Volterra Tour or just have Jane sneak up on him. :evil:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Oh, Carrie - ouch. We're here if you need to vent.

A co-worker set me up with her cousin, Scotty. I'd seen him two or three times when he came into the store. He was cute and friendly. Scotty picked me up in his truck, and we went to the neighboring city for dinner. After dinner he acts like he is taking me home, but then he veers off onto a gravel road. He pulls onto a field road and stops. He then lunges for me! I kick him in the chest and fall backwards out of the truck. I grew up in that area so I knew where I was. I ran my butt off to the house before the field road. I had married friends who lived about 3 minutes away. They picked me up and drove me home.

I have no idea what happened to that guy. I told my co-worker what happened. She didn't act too surprised.

Worst part: Scotty wasn't the first guy to do that. I went out with a Marine (also named Scott) who tried to rape me in the backseat of his car. My first fiance who cheated on me was named Scott. Hmmmm. :x
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

I agree with whoever said that everyone has had a share of creep at some point in your life. I was trying to remember my dates... and I guess I was very lucky, nothing too bad that I can remember, except for an update on an old flame; Does that count? He wasn't creepy while we dated. Turns out that this guy I dated when I was 18 (we only dated for a few months), got his stepmother pregnant and his dad kicked them both out.
I was shocked to find out. I met his dad and step mom and I noticed that they were really close and he seemed to like his step mom a lot. :shock: , yeah.. wonder why.. lol
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

GNE, that is very scary. I'm glad you got the hell out of there! My question for your friend would be: why the hell did you set me up with this jerk off if you knew it could end up like this? :evil:

Nena, that is just gross. God, can you imagined how screwed up that kid is going to be? "Hey, little Johnny. I'm your dad but your brother too!" :o
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Carrie80
Settled in Forks

Post by Carrie80 »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:

Worst part: Scotty wasn't the first guy to do that. I went out with a Marine (also named Scott) who tried to rape me in the backseat of his car. My first fiance who cheated on me was named Scott. Hmmmm. :x
See....this is why bad people need to stop breeding more bad people!!! GRRRRRRRR

Thank you to all for your well wishing and invitation to vent. The short version~ 5 months of blissful ignorance on my part...anticipating an engagement before Christmas and happier than I'd ever been. Turns out he was never divorced at all! His wife calls me on Labor day to tell me he'd been lying to me. :o :shock: So....yea....Voltera is looking like a REALLY good place to ship the evil seeds :twisted:
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Carrie, I talked to Jane and Kate. They are going to meet you and give you a...hand. :twisted:

My heart certainly goes out to you. A sorority sister of mine had a similar experience. She met this wonderful guy. We all liked him, except for the oddity that he only had a cell number and never gave her his address nor home phone. We had our suspicions but he seemed like a decent guy a little too good to be true (which should have been the clue). Well, after they had been dating a year, his wife called my sister to tell her to stop seeing him because they were trying to reconcile their marriage (and the wife said it would be easier for their kids if she gracefully bowed out). They had tried a trial separation just AFTER she started dating him (wife thought he started dating her after they separated...). Yeah, it was awful and ugly, she too thought they were getting married and he had told her he'd never been married. I'm sending a big hug your way!

If only we could send names to the Volturri...call it the Meal Suggestion box! :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

So...I'm new to this forum but this seemed like an interesting thread. I'm 21 and definitely what you would call a nerd lol. I love Star Wars and Harry Potter and now TWILIGHT. I never haven been what most guys now a days are looking for. I'm not fake and a ditz. I'm actually realy smart (not to brag) and that really turns guys off. They don't want a girl that is smarter than them. So of course...being a nerd...I attract the nerdier guys lol. I have a billion stories I could tell and they all involve some creepy guy on the internet telling me we're soul mates b/c we see eye to eye on a Star Wars topic. But there was this one guy. He was my friend's cousin and she thought it would be a great idea to set us up. Well, we had met a few times and he seemed like a really cool guy. He takes me out to eat at a not too shabby restuarant and the whole time all he wants to talk about is Star Trek and World of Warcraft and I'm like dude...I'm a sci-fi, video game kinda girl but we are eating at a nice restuarant...could we please talk about something else. he was so loud everyone was looking at us...i was so embaressed. Thankfully I met my fiance. And while he is not into the "nerdy" stuff like i am (he's more of a hands on, car kinda guy) we complete each other so it works out great.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Most of the guys I've dated haven't really been creepy. I only really started dating in college, mind you I was one of those people who wasn't allowed to venture out of the house in high school (except for cheerleading practice & games).

The guys in college, were guys in college. Mostly people who I knew before so it was nothing really weird and if it didn't work out, oh well, we still could hang out at parties and everything was cool. No hurt feelings on either side.

Once out of college and into the "real" world, the guys seemed to be really nice guys but became extremely possessive and controlling after a few months, not in a creepy was but in a "stalkerish" kind of way. They had to know where I was, what I was doing, be with me 24 hrs per day and I'm not that typed of person. I want my freedom, if you want to hang with your boys and me with my girls or just be alone, fine with me but these guys took it to extremes and that creeped me out.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Skylarblue, the more I read what you write, the more I enjoy you. You are a cool person :) It's funny because I always read posts, then, I read who posted them. LOL

I agree... those stalker types...

..so... let me try and tell this story short and precise about my stalker.

A friend hooked me up with her good fried that said he was a great guy and cute too. Let’s call him Yosi. Within the first 15 minutes of talking to him, I’d agreed to meet him for coffee. In that same first conversation… he told me that he is kind of forward and he’d probably grab my Why are we talking about a donkey? and he kisses on the first date. I was kind of weirded out. The next day I called and canceled.

Sooo… he called and left me a voice mail and chewed me out about how if he wanted to meet me, he would come and find me. (He knew where I worked) He told me that nothing would stop him. Uh… kind of freaky! Thank G-d that I work in a building with front door clearance secure building with a live guard at the gated entrance.

I let my friend know how much I was disturbed by Yosi!

CREEP FACTOR ALERT!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!