Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by missp »

Jazz Girl wrote:~~The Training Discussion~~

I have to say, I think my favorite part about the whole chapter was the ending, when he immediately told her he'd meet her in the library. He is so amazingly caring and conscious of everything, even knowing that she would need to get back to a place where she had some equal footing. I imagine they will discuss the scene, what it was like to be back in those roles again. I cannot wait to see how that conversation goes.

As always, DomWard's is my favorite PoV. I love reading his all-consuming love for her. I mean, honestly, how many of his other subs do we think he gave the "How are you?" question too. Yes, he was a caring Dom, but not to that extent I think.

And, am I the only one already dreading how James is figuring into this picture??
Yep. The last part was my favorite, too! I figure Domward wanted the time to be "normal", too...he has to decompress somehow. It must take a lot out of him to have to be in such major control. I have a feeling, though, that he will end up learning a few of his own lessons before this ride is done.
And I also love his POV. It is so sexy that he loves her so completely!
YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT THE ONLY ONE DREADING JAMES! I see him as an antogonist in the story...someone who threatens their "perfect paradise".
Either way, TSM is a genious! Can't wait until next week! :x
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

*drops everything she's doing*

CW&IA UPDATE!!!!!!!!

*runs away*
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Clipped Wings and Inked Armor Discussion

Wow.....what a cliffhanger! HH really did c@$&block us this time, didn't she? 8-)

This chapter was such a tough one to read, especially from Bella's point of view. She is literally and barely hanging on by the tiniest of threads. Bella just broke my heart so many times in this chapter....her memories of Charlie and Jake from previous Thanksgivings; her thoughts about using Sue Clearwater's pie recipe, her guilt over not needing Jake enough and her guilt over needing Edward too much, her memory of Angela and Jessica's hands clasped tightly on the airplane :(; her suffocating fear which prevents her from letting Edward in and telling him everything, and Bella's and Edward's simple but heartfelt and honest words of thanks at the table.

It's so difficult to watch Bella attempt to hide and alleviate her pain with anti-anxiety meds or physical intimacy with Edward.
Does anyone think Bella ever had any intensive psychological counseling for post-traumatic-stress-disorder following the plane crash? I do wonder how she ever received prescriptions for so many different types of medications, but maybe she "worked the system" a bit and received prescriptions from different doctors, who wouldn't hold her accountable to participate in counseling. I tend to forget that after this horrific plane crash, Bella really had no one left in the world, no family member or close friend to give her the support she needed and to be sure she got the kind of help she needed. :(
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~CW&IA Discussion~~

:(

:cry:

:o

:shock:

:twisted:

I think that essentially sums up my feelings about Chpt 24.

I knew Thanksgiving was going to be horribly rough on poor BabyBells. But, Jesus Fracking Christ, I had tears in my eyes and my heart in my throat through 90% of that chapter. When Bella was thinking, "I need to let him in." and then Esme says exactly that to her in the kitchen!!! And, then with Alice's news complete with the whole plan for the event!!! Good gods, how she didn't just crumble right there is beyond me....

But, at the same time, a small part of me wants to shake her for being a selfish biznatch. She sees it, recognizes exactly how unfair and downright evil she is being to TattWard, and she can't bring herself to care, because she can't be without him. Believe me, SweetCheeks, I get it. I do. But to share his life without sharing you is just plain selfish as hell. The hardest thing she is facing right now is ACCEPTING that it is okay to survive and to learn to live again... that maybe, just maybe, there was a purpose to it. But, to do that, she has to let him in. If his touch eases her pain the way it does, can you imagine how much better his heart might make the pain!!!

And, ummmm, yeah, meds wrapped in celophane hidden in your bra? You are addicted, plain and simple. And you have absolutely no chance to heal, and therefore no chance at anything real with TattWard if you don't put that shiza away.

I'm even torn about the lemons!! (Damn you HH for making me think in times of TattWard/BabyBells freak-ons!!!!) Yes, they are both desperate and needy for each other, but for Bella to use it against him, as a weapon to continue her lies to him... I just can't can't can't find anything okay with that. But, we know TattWard could give a shiza less when it comes to playing with the Kitty. So, I just, at this point, hope the suspension and chassis are reinforced on the Audi!! :twisted:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:So, I just, at this point, hope the suspension and chassis are reinforced on the Audi!! :twisted:
OMG. What a way to close your post, eHon. :lol:

WARNING: More CWaIA discussion!

I'm starting to rather dislike the way she uses intimacy as a way to change subjects. I mean, I get why she does it, but talk about playing on someone's weakness. She's using him as she uses her drugs, and I would really like for him to think past... the problem in his pants. :ugeek:

(Anyone just a little bit concerned that- of all things that could happen to them now- Officer James might spot them? :? )
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

CW&IA SPOILERS
First off, the insight we got into her and Jake's relationship--something we haven't learned much about--was very interesting. The fact that he was not affectionate towards her unless he wanted sex really took me by surprise because I guess I automatically relate them to their canon character until the author tells me otherwise.

Bella's pain made ME hurt... that was just ugh, no words.

And my aunt was able to go to several different doctors and get different medication (oxy is one of them) before people caught on. It's definitely a problem because pharmacies and doctors aren't linked in any way. Fill one Rx at a CVS and another at a Walgreens and no one will ever know.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can't read fanfic right now (at least not the ones I want to) because I have little to no internet at home (the new house owners cut me off after they kicked me out) and I won't have it hooked up at my new apartment for a while. I don't dare read them at work, since the government probably has a "lemon policy" in place. ;)

So sad... :( Need to get sorted and soon...I can't believe I missed so many updates, including the CWIA update!

Pray for my sanity at this time.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:So, I just, at this point, hope the suspension and chassis are reinforced on the Audi!! :twisted:
OMG. What a way to close your post, eHon. :lol:

WARNING: More CWaIA discussion!

I'm starting to rather dislike the way she uses intimacy as a way to change subjects. I mean, I get why she does it, but talk about playing on someone's weakness. She's using him as she uses her drugs, and I would really like for him to think past... the problem in his pants. :ugeek:

(Anyone just a little bit concerned that- of all things that could happen to them now- Officer James might spot them? :? )
Rings~ :twisted: Glad you approved, eSweets. Your last line made me laugh out loud and then stand and applaud. Though, I think it is a little more than just avoiding the conversation. IMO, it's a combination of avoiding what she doesn't want to talk about and having no other way to express her need and love for him other than riding him like a prize stallion. She loves him more than anything (though she seems pretty fracking clueless about it) but she feels soooooo overwhelmingly guilty about it because of the circumstances. It's a nasty combination, particularly, I think, where TattWard is concerned, because he tends to have the same weakness, especially now that he realizes that he is in love with her but can't actually tell her. It amazes me how soft he is with her, honestly. He has never given me the impression of being tender, EXCEPT and ONLY where BabyBells is concerned (well, ok and with TK2) Soft reassuring touches and tender forehead kisses melt my heart. The heart fail is killing me as these two fumble in the dark.

And, yes, that was the absolute first thought I had (okay well the second :twisted: ) as soon as she started getting frisky in the car. Initially, I thought maybe James was following them and was going to pull them over and start something. But, now, yeah, cathching them in that...*ahem* position gives him all sorts of opportunity to start shiza.

AmandaBeth~ I can't say it surprised me that much at all. BabyBells has always shied away from outward signs of affection and she couldn't accept affection from TattWard comfortably unless it was leading somewhere. So, it always seemed to me that that was the kind of love she was used to. And, yes, while TattWard normally just wants to frack her 6 ways til Sunday, the restraint he shows while marking her, until she makes it absolutely impossible to resist anymore, amazes me, proves to me that he does truly love her. And, frankly, just how much she underestimates that feeling. :cry:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

CW & IA DISCUSSION

Hunterhunting has done an awesome job with this story, but this chapter just blew my mind. It's shocking to me that Bella, even with the drugs, can function in any normal capacity. I guess it shows how strong she actually is, but she is at the edge and she is going to crash HARD. Edward is strong and I know that he will be there for Bella, but at what cost? I am glad that Esme told her that she knows what happened to Bella. Hopefully that might push her to talk to Edward.

AUUGGGHHHHHHHHH the end of the chapter........... What a cliffhanger. UGH!!! Something is going to happen!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

oleander: I feel your pain. Hang in there!

WARNING: More CWaIA Discussion!

eHon: Glad you approve as well. :lol: And I totally understand what you're saying. Although, as I was typing that out last night, the chapter fresh in my mind, I was thinking he would lure her out of the car with the promise of sex- and then start asking questions. Not that I think he's going to intentionally try to be cruel- but he needs to know, and she needs to know that it's okay for him to know. (Funny how a lot of TW fanfics bring up trust issues between B&E...)

Part of me is still wondering what, exactly, Rose was thankful for at dinner...