Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by SweetKay »

CW & IA

Hunterhunting has a new interview with Edward on her blog about the last chapter. Check it out:

http://hunterhunting-hh.blogspot.com/
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

SweetKay wrote:CW & IA DISCUSSION

Hunterhunting has done an awesome job with this story, but this chapter just blew my mind. It's shocking to me that Bella, even with the drugs, can function in any normal capacity. I guess it shows how strong she actually is, but she is at the edge and she is going to crash HARD. Edward is strong and I know that he will be there for Bella, but at what cost? I am glad that Esme told her that she knows what happened to Bella. Hopefully that might push her to talk to Edward.

AUUGGGHHHHHHHHH the end of the chapter........... What a cliffhanger. UGH!!! Something is going to happen!!
Kay, as physically small and probably undernourished as Bella is, it is amazing that she can function at all on the huge amount of meds shes currently taking. :shock: She is going to hit rock bottom soon and it ain't going to be pretty. I'm kind of worried about who she's going to take down with her too. :(

Thanks for letting us know about hunterhuntings update on her blog. I love her interviews with Edward because he's so snarky and funny and sexy, but he also opens up to her a little bit too. I'm awed by the patience Edward continues to show dealing with Bella and trying to meet her where she is, instead of manipulating her or coercing her into getting the help she needs before she's ready. But I think he's going to have to push a little harder soon or Bella may end up hospitalized against her will.

I'm posting a question I posed last night immediately after reading the new chapter about whether anyone thought Bella had ever received counseling or alternative therapies. I'm so lazy that I'm just quoting myself instead of restating the question. :lol: Any thoughts?
older_twilight_fan wrote:Clipped Wings and Inked Armor Discussion
It's so difficult to watch Bella attempt to hide and alleviate her pain with anti-anxiety meds or physical intimacy with Edward.
Does anyone think Bella ever had any intensive psychological counseling for post-traumatic-stress-disorder following the plane crash? I do wonder how she ever received prescriptions for so many different types of medications, but maybe she "worked the system" a bit and received prescriptions from different doctors, who wouldn't hold her accountable to participate in counseling. I tend to forget that after this horrific plane crash, Bella really had no one left in the world, no family member or close friend to give her the support she needed and to be sure she got the kind of help she needed. :(
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

CW&IA Discussion

Tracey~ I'm willing to bet no. Everything we see of BabyBells, from the way she experiences flashbacks, to the attitude she has about her past experiences (ie the guilt she feels about moving on with her life) is enough to convince me that she might have started to see a doctor, but did not follow through. My guess is that a combination of things happened. First, I am willing to bet that the combination of Charlie and Jacob had some fairly strong and negative things to say about people who see psychiatrists or counselors. Second, once she was put on the meds ( a very standard practice to allow a patient in therapy to face their anxieties and fears in a slightly more controlled way before they are weaned off under supervision), she decided that the meds would do the work for her and she didn't need to be talking to people who didn't know her or understand what she went through AND whom Charlie and Jake would probably rake her over the coals for talking to. Third, I'm willing to bet that it was pretty easy for BabyBells to walk away from a stranger trying to tell her that the plane crash, and therefore the death of everyone she loved (or PRETENDED to love cause that is really a huge part of the issue), was not possibly her fault. In the ironic and wonderful fanfic twist, it is BabyBells in this fanfic who desperately wants and needs to see herself as the soulless monster responsible for death and carnage. And it is TattWard who is trying to teach her that it is okay to survive and love again.

And once she got the scripts, it was fairly easy to keep refilling them, convincing her doctor to write her a 3 month refill instead of 1 because she was moving, or filling them through a mail order service, which just sends them every month withouth verifying with a doctor.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

CW&IA
Tracy ~ I agree with Caryn. I think Bella had very little counseling after the incident. I think she just went through the motions, got her medications and just got the hell out of there. If she can't even open up to Edward about her guilt I don't see her being able to talk to a threapist about it. And from what I understood she just wanted to get away and be left alone. She doesn't think that she even deserves to get better, it seems. Everything she feels in relation to Edward too makes her feel guilty because she didn't feel those things for Jake, and yet she was going away to marry him. I can't imagine living with that kind of feeling of guilt. People can tell her that it wasn't her fault, but I don't know what it will take for her to actually believe that.

rings ~ I agree that it is time for Bella to stop evading the subject every time Edward wants to talk seriously with her. She needs him both physically and emotinally, but they will never progress before she tells him what's going on. But how do you all think that Edward will respond to her story? I know she thinks he will see her for what she really is and end up hating her and seeing her as not worthy. But I don't see that happening. I think he will feel a bit betrayed that she didn't come clean with him about Jacob, because it would have been helpful for him to know the true extent of what happened.
I am also wondering how Edward is doing himself and if he is strong enough to handle the breakdown, when she finally lets her guard down. It is going to be so bad for both of them. And knowing that he can't stand to see Bella in pain, I am afraid it could break him.

TEF outtake discussion
I loved it. And I fell in love with him too :D Edward was just as I imagined him as a teenager. And he was a bit slow too....It took him a while to realize that he actually liked this girl. And then he pulled a Vampward by pulling away from her. I liked that entire part. I also like how he had never kissed anyone before, but he knew that if he even touched Bella he would have difficulty controlling himself. It says a lot about the depth of their connection.

Seeing them together from the very beginning made me more capable of understanding the complete loss they both felt when they broke apart. They were each other's everything from the beginning, and the had such a huge impact on the other one that the loss was devastating.
Beautifully written, Angela and Caryn :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

SweetKay wrote:CW & IA

Hunterhunting has a new interview with Edward on her blog about the last chapter. Check it out:

http://hunterhunting-hh.blogspot.com/
Kay,

HH also stated that she is going to write the next chapter from EPOV and then BPOV. She said they will be so intense and big that she will be doing them back to back and posting. That's how I understood it.

I loved the interview. And this chapter was intense. My heart broke for Bella. She is so addicted to her meds and she is so in love with Edward that both situations are causing her physical pain. The fact that she really feels that can not survive with out Edward....well that just hurts.

Actually, neither can survive without the other. That's how I see it.

What I am really concerned about is if James decides to pop up during their 'hood ornament' love fest. He is such a sadistic S.O.B. that he would try to either arrest them, arrest Edward or worse, handcuff Edward, put him in the back seat and then torment him by hurting Bella in from of Edward(worst case and left field scenario). :evil:

Yeah, I know, I'm getting worked up over something that has not and maybe will not ever happen, but still.....

His final destination should be six feet, straight down!! Grrrrr! :evil: :evil:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Okay, I was able to sneak onto the neighbour's unsecured wireless connection long enough to read the CWIA update...

CWIA Spoiler potential...

That was a really hard update to read because a) it darn near triggered me to have a panic attack because I could feel her panic, anxiety, and it was so palpable that it felt like my own. I nearly had to grab my own bottle of happy pills to get through reading it; b) I have friends who live very much like Bella does...living from panicky situation to panicky situation and are totally addicted to their pills instead of facing up to the reasoning behind the panic.

I spent years dealing with a panic disorder and it's not easy. Bella's got a LONG road ahead of her, especially if they are going to try to eventually wean her from the meds...it quite often takes a lot more than time and patience.

Can't wait to see where this goes.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Trine~ Thank you, Darlin'. The outtake was actually pretty difficult to write specifically for that reason. The part that made it easier was keeping our eyes on the ultimate destination, in stead of the interupted road. I will make sure to pass your love on to Ang. :D

Christy~ You just love causing my heart to fail, don't you?? The thought of James tormenting or hurting BabyBells in front of a helpless Tattward!!! Holy Shiza, woman! :o :cry: :o :evil: I am keeping faith because HH has said over and over that she isn't that cruel and the angst and heartfail are derived more from their pasts than anything else. But, the whole fact that we haven't seen or heard from James really bothers me in a seriously bad news kind of way...

Oleander~ First, stay strong, hon. I've been there myself and it takes so much to live through that. Believe me, I am the first person to admit that it takes so much more to get through those things than just patience and time. It is entirely possible that BabyBells might never be able to be completely med free. An incident that traumatic... ugh I can't fathom. But, it will take some work on her part to get to a point where she is using those meds in a healthy way. But, it is possible for her to do it.

As for the crash, I do not even want to think about it at this point. Witnessing that kind of pain, and then intensified by the fact that TattWard has to go through it with her, and might have to end up following his worst fear and putting her in the hospital, Jesus Mary and Joseph. I can't even keep my mind on it for long?? Though, I am intrigued by this plan of TattWard's for the next ink session??
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:Christy~ You just love causing my heart to fail, don't you?? The thought of James tormenting or hurting BabyBells in front of a helpless Tattward!!! Holy Shiza, woman! :o :cry: :o :evil: I am keeping faith because HH has said over and over that she isn't that cruel and the angst and heartfail are derived more from their pasts than anything else. But, the whole fact that we haven't seen or heard from James really bothers me in a seriously bad news kind of way...

As for the crash, I do not even want to think about it at this point. Witnessing that kind of pain, and then intensified by the fact that TattWard has to go through it with her, and might have to end up following his worst fear and putting her in the hospital, Jesus Mary and Joseph. I can't even keep my mind on it for long?? Though, I am intrigued by this plan of TattWard's for the next ink session??
Caryn ~ Sorry for the heartfail. Those were just worst case scenarios. I have a tendency to go those directions. :roll: Forgive me. :)
And you are right. HH did state and I forgot about this part, that when these chapters update, we will be surprised by the direction they are taking. So I did take heart in that.
About the next tatt session, Edward is so intuitive and perceptive, that I think he is going to get to the heart of the matter when he goes to fill in the scenes on her back. Each scene will reveal more of her past and the plane crash.

I will love it when he does the swan taking flight because to me that is showing that Bella survived and will be able to 'fly' again- to live. At least that's how I'm interpreting it. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Chapter 3 of OverTime at the Office just posted...

It's not as good as an actual update but...

and I quote BB here,

"That was so much better than watching Die Hard."

:shock:

:lol:

Ahhhh, BB, how we do love you!!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:Chapter 3 of OverTime at the Office just posted...

It's not as good as an actual update but...

and I quote BB here,

"That was so much better than watching Die Hard."

:shock:

:lol:

Ahhhh, BB, how we do love you!!
What is this Overtime at the Office you speak of?