Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Basically posting to show off the new addition to my banner that Misty made.
I don't care that it's too big and break the rules, some of the tweens sport banners that are still twice the size of this one (I'm just not ready to give up Leah, not even for a pack full of hot boys :roll: )

Rose, one don't have to be a baby-person, you could be a pup-person ;) just sayin'
and congratulations on the health care (if I understand it right, that's big in the US)

Our health care. Cappu wrote a bit about it, so I won't go into details. Like in Australia, it works out because Finland has a relatively small population, somewhere around 6 million. There's some differences depending on which part of the country you're in, some things the county's get to decide for themselves, but overall it's high quality. Here they have to find a way to cut costs with 3 million euro for next year. Even though there are pay-raises coming and some other things that cost extra. The pay-raise can't be taken away since it's been agreed on in negotiations before. But the government won't give them the extra money though they were the one approving this... I have some opinions. The biggest cut-back is closing one of the bigger retirement facilities, and relocating the patients to another place, which is already crowded...
We don't have private retirement care in general, it's mostly common wealth like the health care. You pay from a scale, so your income and fortune decide how much or little you pay.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

It really shocking that I don't find my way on this forum anymore like I used to. With the previous forum locked down (must have been the thread we kept the longest) I couldn't find the new one anywhere. Was totally looking in all the wrong forums.

How is everybody?

A little bit longer then one month before New Moon :D Time flies.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Since everybody is talking about insurance. Well, ours here so suck you wanna puke! I don't have a health insurance myself, although my company has sponsored some insurance S h i t or something. But insurance is the least priority here in the country. (third f-en world here) That's really, really shameful and really sad for us here. But yeah, getting food for your mouth is the first priority before some insurance stuff. I'm always reading a lot of stuffs about different rich countries and we definitely far behind from those great priviliges that a country/government should offer to their people. Sad but true. and it suck at the same time.

I love my country, I love my culture and heritage but I SO LOATHE people governing us. :(

I'm good, it's Monday here..and it's almost 7 in the evening and I'll be out in minutes too. Be back again!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I believe our health care system is pretty good.
Altough there has been an investigation and Belgium only came up as number 17 of best countries to live in the world.
Health care could be much better of course! But I think in comparision with for example the US we're doing well.

For basic health care you pay a small amouth to a 'mutualiteit', I pay about 20 euro's each month. For that you get about 3/4th of all your doctor bills/ dentist bills payed back. This means somely the consultation fee. Pulling teeth isn't payed back for a dime, even as unnerving teeths.
Also medicition is payed back for a bit. Well actually you only have to pay the price where a certain amouth is pulled back if you have it on prescription and you can show a 'sis-card' (a card were all of our medical history is kept track on).

For anything else, like investiogations or admintings to hospital or admitings to the emergency ward or anything hospital related you need a Hospital Insurance.
The price of that depends on what you want (if you want a single room in hospital, or anything like that, then you have to fairly rich); and a lot of company's give an insurence like that into their benefits. Price also depends on age and gender. For example woman between 25 and 35 pay A LOT, because the chance of getting pregnant is so huge. Olderly men pay more then olderly woman because they tend to get admited to hospital more.
I pay around 350 euro's each year, which I don't ponder a moment about to pay. I don't have it borad and I do get minimum wage but I can't risk getting admitted to hospital and get over 1000's of euros on bills.

You still have to pay some things yourself though; so I defenitly think we can score far better then we already do.
The biggest negetive point is to secure people who are already ill. For example if you get cancer as a kid it will be very unlikely someone wants to give you an insurance. And you need one yourself the moment you move out of the elderly home.
The insurance companies track your history down and can neglect your contract after 6 months of singing on. So if you get ill in those 6 months after, they can cut of your contract.
This is defenitly a bad point.

But in general, we already have a good basic, a lot of improvement is allowed though.

If you get sick and your not able to go to work those days have to be payed as long if you have a valid doctors notice of why you can't go to work. If imployers see you're off a lot and question that they can send over 'control doctors' to go and check if you're really sick.
Being sick a lot can't really be a reason to lay someone off, but it often is. So you do have to be carefull with calling in sick, even though you keep getting payed.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

MRK wrote:Happy Shiny new thread guys!!!

Just read the article KStew did with D Hopper and this was interesting to me:

"There are certain things in "Twilight" ... As much as I'm proud of that movie and I do like it, I feel like maybe I brought too much of myself to the character. I feel like I really know Bella now."

That makes me happy!! Yay! Maybe they really do listen to us fans ;)

Aaah! Let's hope we'll notice an improvement then huh!

The survey:
Name: Liesbeth, (most call me Lies)
Year you graced us by being born: 1984
Locale: Belgium
Slave to da man? : Project manager at a consulting agency for professional cleaning
Spawn?: Non (to bad), but I do have a daughter of best friend I can spoil to rotten
Doing anyone? : Haha, YUCK at the discription. But no.
Tats/Piercings: Just the normal, plain, earpearcing (one at each side)
Attracted to: Chase Crafword and Darcy (yes, the real Darcy), and Edward (the real Edward).
Turn offs : Idiocity
TV Watching: Recently got into Heroes, now at season 3 and fallen in love. I absolutly ADORE Gossip Girl (which I have to buy on dvd months after airing in US cause Belgium tv stopped after episode 3 of season 1); Gillmore Girls (I think my absolutly fave); other then that I'm into the dutch versions of: So You Think You Can Dance, and some shows called 'The Sixth Sence' about pananormal gifts (which is both hillarious ands scary),'de beste hobbykok van vlaanderen' (abouth amateur cooks); and this policeseries called: Code 37.
Reading: I recently bought an e-reader and now have 65 books with me at all times. Currently reading the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Lex member you want to recommend: Everybody ;)
Favorite movie of all time: Into The Wild; Little Miss Sunshine; Dirty Dancing (which will now never be the same) and Brokeback Mountain (also, never will be the same); Doctor Zhivago and Pride And Predjudice.

Do any of you own an e-reader or plan on buying a digital reader? If so, I requested a topic about it: http://forum.twilightlexicon.com/viewto ... =25&t=5498
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Love the new topic Lieziewiezie! Hope that there are other ebook users who join in :D

The "universal health care" I have is because my husband is in the military, it is one of the benefits given to troops and their dependents. So, while I think its great, its a trade off for not having my husband around because he is off in Iraq or somewhere else. It works great, for me at least. I don't ever pay a co-pay or for prescriptions. A down side is that I have to see military doctors, but its not that bad, and if I am living somewhere that doesn't have military doctors or clinics, then I can pick a doctor in the area that accepts Tricare (what the insurance is called) and I'm still covered.

There have been many times where I have been sick and called the outpatient clinic I go to and have been told there are no available appointments, but they always take my info and have a nurse call me within 24 hours. Everytime that's happened, I get squeezed in the very next day. And of course, I still have an ER or urgent care option. It works very well for me. But, like those of you have said that the size of your countries is smaller so is the population of military families but what the US has in place for the rest of the country does not work so something has to change for sure!

I could be a pup-person Nina, lol. I would be happy to be a mother if it happened, but I don't think I'll be planning on it... at least not anytime soon.

Well, back to the books I go....
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA!!!!! WOOOHOOOO LEXLING BDAY IN THE HOUSE!!! WOOT WOOT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BEX, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! LOVE YOU!!!
:D :) ;) :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

(it is her bday oct 6th, but offically her bday in her timezone now)
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Happy Time Zone Birthday Becca!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok all you Wide Awake fans...I haven't read it...well I started to, but some stuff hit a little too close to home so I stopped...but I managed to kinda ignore the heaviest stuff and keep reading...anyways I started reading it again yesterday and all I have to say is I got to Valentine's Night...
OMG
Why do I feel like a freaking virginal teenager hiding a romance novel from her mother???? Lord!!! That girl can write some lemons!!! *WHEW*
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

The Other Wife Who Only Gets Jazzy on Sundays (as Obs affectionately calls her) humbly apologizes for disappearing for so long. She has been super tired from her job and so has not been posting. She was also gone during the weekend, so couldn't post then. *kidnaps Jazzy and hides him from Obs*

So much catching up to do! Whew! Hooray for the new thread!! *joins new thread dance a bit late*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECS!!!

Obs----LOL about my work. Will try and find that coaster set for you. I only caught the one ep of Vamp Diaries, but I agree--Damien is one HOTT peice of a$$! That scene between him and that cheerleader----so HAWT!

New Moon---forced myself through it the first time, cried like a little baby, and it took me till my third attempt to re-read the middle and fully appreciate Jake. But it's worth it, trust me.

Misty--I am adding your Hubs to my personal prayer list. Hope everything works out.

Becs--I disagree about 16 Candles, lol. Breakfast Club is the BEST. TEEN. MOVIE. EVER. Period. lol.

Pharmer--we have Medicare in the States, too. Except it doesn't cover ANY prescriptions. And it's only for retired people. Some of the people who need prescriptions the most. Makes a Vulgar Language is Ugly of sense, huh. But the other stuff, about having to pay what Medicare doesn't, is the same. It pays about 80% for regular doctor visits, I'm not sure what it pays for hospital care, except that in most cases they won't cover a hospital stay past 3 days.

Kimmy--f*ing miss you like crazy!!!! See you on FB!!

Me stuff:

Work is going well, I'll have another car pooler next week, so that'll reduce my gas bill. Sept 26th was my cousin's 21st birthday, so we had a huge party. I was drinking a punch that had Vodka in it, and doing shots of E & J Brandy mixed with a mixer called Hot Sex which tasted like chocolate milk with a kick. I've had Brandy before, but never Vodka, because I've tasted it and I hate Vodka, but I couldn't taste it in the punch, so I kept drinking it. I got in a really loud screaming match with a different cousin and came very very close to punching her. I discovered Vodka makes me want to fight. Very very badly. I will never drink Vodka again. Damn those Russians. I'll continue pouring my money into Puerto Rico and their delicious Rum. God bless Bacardi.

Went to the family farm this weekend. Had fun, but missed my kitty sorely by Sunday night.

Been a little depressed due to stupid womanly things, but also having very very vivid dreams--very very gooooood dreamsssss....*wink wink* I did NOT want to wake up this morning. Native American slightly nerdy wolf-men (hello Embry!) make very good dreams.....*sigh*

Fanfic--I am no longer visiting FFnet b/c every time I do I get viruses from them. Am quitting MySpace for the most part also--every game I play there is also available on FB. If anyone else has Skype, my name is spacey_chick2003, I think. Just tell me you're a lexling, and I'll add you!

So now that I've written a book for everyone to read, I shall sign off and wish me hardies (haha I missed out on Pirate Day, too) a Fang-tastic week!!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

*joins in with McMeg's singing*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA-BOO!

In an hour I get to see my pup again! We're going for a growth-scan, and they'll also check if I can deliver the natural way or have a Bella/Nessie type of birth... (preferably without all the biting though...)
Fingers crossed that we get another picture!!!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK