Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by debussygirl »

My neighbor had a yard sale once and I got some books, mostly classics like Catch-22 (which I still need to read), Walden, The Four Comedies of Shakespeare, and Anne Frank's Diary.
I haven't really looked much in second-hand stores (because I also have no idea where one is). That would be a good idea though.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

My town is so small but it has so many book stores and coffee shops it's insane. There's like two seperate used book stores and a paper back exchange as well as the brand name places and a family owned book store....which is where I got CF a few days early
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I allotted myself a certain amount of money I could spend on books. I bought them off of eBay...and then when I was done reading them, I resold them. With the money I got from reselling the books, I bought more. This has been my process for about a yr now. The only time I get into trouble is when I find a book I don't want to resell because I want to reread it in the future! :)

Thank you Naureen!!
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

I am just getting into reading again....i was buying a lot of books but i was spending so much time online or working that i couldnt read that much. So now I am reading Revolutionary Road. Im not sure what i will read after that, cause like i said i bought a lot, sorta got addicted to buying them after i got off work.

So my list to read is:
My Sister's Keeper
The Golden Compass
The Devil Wears Prada
Vampire Diaries 1+2(i made sure it was the same one as the series)
Julie and Julia(new movie)
Two Weeks with My Brother
It (by Stephen King)
Pet Semetary

Ok I think thats all the books i have bought recently that I need to read......but i have a feeling i will be back in barnes and noble again one of these days when i have money and time to go there, and i know i should look into a discount store around me but im not sure just because i like books to be new and mine only, cause i prefer paperbacks and those tend to get worn down easier. I think i already know what i will buy too :lol: theres the time travelers wife, brisingr(when its available in paperback),the twilight saga(also when they are all available in paperback), Les Miserables, secret garden(i've read this before but i'd like to own it). Theres a few unknown authors that i noticed in the stacks while i was there and i was also thinking of getting into mysteries.....there was couple of those that looked good too. I might need a new bookcase if i do buy all those books :lol: :oops:

then theres all those i left unfinished cause i just couldnt get into them. Theres about 4 or 5 of those. Hopefully i can and will finish them eventually. :roll: :lol:
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I am always reading books. Reading is one my favorite activities. It just takes your mind of whatever is going on, and lets you enter a whole other world. I've bought 5 books in the past week or so :oops:

My boyfriend practially freaks out every time I buy a new book :lol: I just have so many of them. Most of the books I have are the kind that I'm sure I want to read again. If not, I just borrow them from the library.
I read a lot of different books. I love Twilight, obviously...I really don't know how many times I've read each book. But I like historical novels, documentaries/biographies and crime novels.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Hello, my name is Rachel and I'm a book/reading addict. :D

And my addiction has only increased thanks to the wonderfulness that is my Amazon Kindle! I got my Kindle in March and have 34 books on it now... so I always have 34 books on me, its great!

I read 10 books in July... the 9 Sookie Stackhouse books and then reread The Host. I just finished The Lost Symbol and am not rereading Twilight and am reading Confessions of an Economic Hitman. But I'm slowing down because school has started back up (I'm in law school).

I have always been a big reader, I used to fly through R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike books in elementary school, but when I had to go to the store to buy a book it didn't do it very often. Now I just have to turn on my Kindle, find the book, download it and I'm reading it in 2 minutes, seriously. And there are books not available on it, so I have bought The Time Traveler's Wife and am glad I did because I LOVE it! But won't be reading Harry Potter until they release it on Kindle.

I read the Twilight Series in 6 days... I was quite hooked and luckily was on Winter Break I when I started reading :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

Rachel you can call me a romantic if you want, but i love the sense of having a "real" books on my hands, am not saying that i havent read e-books, actually i read the first 6 HP in thay way, was on Christmas, 2 years ago and it was amazing being able to read it all of them, cause at my city they have it just in the spanish version (am from nicaragua),so i can understand your fascination with this amazing tool, but there is a special feeling when you have the book you love the most printed and on your hands.

I must say it is impressive the amoung of books you have on Kindle, i hope you enjoy all of them.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
carranzaya

Reading is a pleasure beyond words...

Post by carranzaya »

As the rest of friends here on this topic i loved reading, i spend lot of money on them, but it is worthy, it is an emotion so hard to explain when i go to the bookstore, i spend hours there, it is a pleasure just to be surrounded by so many lovely books, when am buying books i can literally isolated myself, i get concentrated because i want to pick the right ones for me, i know you people would understand the feeling.

From Nicaragua, Yadira.
carranzaya

Books and emotions...

Post by carranzaya »

Books the has make me laugh aloud(not kidding):
  • Wilt by Tom Sharpe (British sarcasm 100% pure)
    Bridget Jones' Diary (no words for this one, am laughing already)
    HP series (specially Ron and Germione and of course Fred and George)
    Breaking Dawn (Emmet and Jacob were awesome)
    The Host (Melanies conversations with Wanda, hilarious)

Books that has make me weep like a little child:

• New Moon
    Eclipse
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    La Sonrisa Etrusca
    A orillas del río piedra me senté y lloré

And countless other, that i will post eventually, cause right now am typing but half of me has gone to bed not even bothering to ask if that was ok, so better if i put myself together now.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Í've never been a reader untill I started to read harry Potter... as a dutch girl I found out that english books were so much better. the translation to dutch is almost always done porely.... ever since then I read english books...

At the moment my addiction is totally twilight, I tried to read something different but after half a book I started the saga again...
I buy a lot of books but only book I know for sure that I'll read them more then once and mostly I buy books from a serie.
At the moment I have still 3 books I haven't read :oops: maybe I should try to find some way to get of my addiction...

Buying books is for a good cause... I want to have one day a house with a Carlisle size library. So I've allready started to collect.
at the moment the score is around 30 books..I know that is not very much but at the moment I don't have much space to store them.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house