Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by roseaurora »

therealmrswhitlock wrote:

Rose-- I am SOOO jealous that you can fit into that costume. I fake girly hate you for being skinny, lol. :D
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I fit in it! I'll let you know how it turns out, and if its alright then the fake girly hate is on, lol. Tho I think I'm more scrawny than skinny....
therealmrswhitlock wrote: I had to reset my password for this website today. Very weird. I had it set to log me in automatically, and someone must have messed with my settings. And it didn't recognize my password when I tried to type it in myself. Damn faeries. I'm not crazy--they exist! Ever misplace something, look everywhere for it, then find it in a place where you thoroughly checked and were sure it was NOT there, but it was there when you went back? That's the faeries! Trolls, in particular (not the Three Billy Goats Gruff bridge-dwelling version, but the little ones who live in the 'tween places like doorways and windowsills) like to hide things for fun. Maybe it's the Irish in me, but I was actually raised to believe in the "wee folk".

Anyway, now that everyone thinks I'm insane, I'll go. Happy weekend my lexlings!
Do you watch Charmed?! I remember the fairies and trolls and the "'tween" places from an episode of that!

I am taking a study break. My last midterm is in the morning and it is in Business Associations- YUCK! I have absolutely no interest in corporate law so I hate that it is a required course. Tho I am learning a whole lot. Never knew how stocks and dividends and all that crap worked 'til now, but still, its too much information and the more I review it, the more confused I'm getting. Won't be a problem if I was a better student because I would be able to ask the prof for help, but the day before the exam the prof's aren't as willing to answer questions, lol. Oh well. I'll get through it...

Also, I really really wish that the single released when you pre-order the New Moon Soundtrack was the Welcome to the Equinox one. I LOVE IT!!! The Satellite Heart (is that the right name?) is good to, but I don't like as much. I just love love playing that video!

Alright... back to the books I go. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I will likely be pulling an all nighter....

Hope you all are having more fun than I am!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

did anyone read Angstgodess' new one-shot?

It's one of the first fanfictions in which I've not liked Carlisle and Esme, because I believe they're inaction and poor parenting lead directly to how Jasper turned out. He wouldn't be as repulsive a character in that fan fic if they'd stepped in earlier.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

@Rose - Nice costume!!! Tell me, how are the boots covers? Are they realistic? Pictures???

@Honey - I think you're doing the right thing with the HR, but what Becca said was ideal, careful not to undermine your position, make sure you're on steady ground before making a move. It would be productive to look for hidden key-loggers on your machine, just in case, if the bossylady was around your pc, you can never know if she was nozying or messing around.

@Jasmine - :oops: I think we could make a nice pair!!! You make your amazing creations and I make the makeup!!! FUN! We could also make a joint library and fill it with wonderful books!!

Hello to the new ppl!!! Welcome to our thread!
My name is Paula but call me Paulinha (lill' Paula). I'm 28, from Brazil, a proud Lexilyng and a Translator/Tech Support. I love Twilight, Makeup, tv series and smutty books ;) . I work at home, therefore, you can catch me online 24/7! hahahaha I'm single at the moment, but looking for the right wolfguy. RPatz doesn't to anything for me also. Well, he is cute, but thats about it... I have a love/hate relationship with Edward 'cos he is just like me and I think we would drive each other insane whilst having amazing *giggles*! Besides, even tho sparkly man are hot, they actually are too cold and hard, so, I prefer the wereolves, specially Bowen MacRieve 8-) (IAD Series).

OOoo good news, I got a fix JOB, it doesn't pay as much as translations but I get to work only 6h a day, have a steady paycheck and still have time to translate! YAY! I will still work at home, and get to practice my english!! HAHAHA
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
ashleigh_renee
Settled in Forks

Post by ashleigh_renee »

@ashlee_renee - g'day. Which part of the island you from?
South Australia - Adelaide, probably the less interesting states? but i love it, makes visiting the other states a treeat =D

hii Paulinha, thanks for the welcome!
..So the lion fell in love with the lamb..
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

So, monday again. I hate mondays, they never fail to suck.

How was everybody's weekend?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
roseaurora

Post by roseaurora »

pharmer4 wrote:did anyone read Angstgodess' new one-shot?

It's one of the first fanfictions in which I've not liked Carlisle and Esme, because I believe they're inaction and poor parenting lead directly to how Jasper turned out. He wouldn't be as repulsive a character in that fan fic if they'd stepped in earlier.
I just finished it. It was very different, but I liked it. I didn't find Jasper repulsive tho... I felt so bad for him. But yeah, Carlisle and Esme dropped the ball in the parenting department for sure!

PaulinhaBrasil : I hope the boot covers look close to the picture. It should be delivered this week so if it doesn't turn out to be a disaster I will post pics :)

Lieziewiezie: Yeah... mondays are no good! I don't feel like I got a weekend thanks to the stupid midterm I had to take this morning. Boo to sunday midterms! I have to play catch up the rest of the week thanks to various things that got pushed aside while cramming. My apartment is a disaster! And my applications are due at the end of the month for the Army and Navy JAG programs... fun fun fun.
But for now, I am going to curl up with my Kindle and read some Twilight before drifting off to sleep... and then classes start at 8am tomorrow for me....
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Hi everyone!

We took the washing machine to the repair shop today, they'd look at it when they had time. D told them not to hurry, since he's going to work on Wednesday and then he's gone for a week so we can't pick it up before he's back anyway. It was easy enough to get it out of the apartment and there, for a washing machine it was surprisingly light (probably made out of plastic and rubber bands, probably why it broke too) but when we got mack home, the floor was all wet...
The tap that leads to the machine is obviously leaking... Wohoo... we do not have a floor outlet in that bathroom... But no big harm, we hadn't been gone that long, just about an hour, so it's just enough to help me wipe the floor from all the dirt that accumulate under a machine over the years.

One of the girls sharing my preliminary date of birth popped a baby boy this morning. I'm jealous, I want my pup NOW!!!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

Hello everyone *waves* Remember me? The bad bad lexling who has been MIA for umm... months now I think? I'm a complete and total jerk, so please forgive me. I've been trying to keep up with most of you on Facebook and such, but it's not the same as going back to our roots here at the good old Gen Y thread. I don't really have a great excuse except for the fact that I'm busting my butt working two jobs, seven days most weeks, and trying to have a social life outside of the internet when I can find the free time.

Tabs and I met up here in LA a week or so ago! My second Lexling meet-up went fabulous and I believe we hit it off... which is a relief for me, I'm always nervous people won't like me so much in real life. But Tabs seems to want to get together again, so I hope that means she really likes me and isn't just hanging with me since she doesn't know that many people here ;) I'm super psyched as I just purchased us some coupons for circus classes. They have classes in acrobatics and aerial work and such so it sounds like that will be a lot of fun.

I think the next couple months are going to be fabulous. I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR NEW MOON! It is already looking so amazing, so the final result better not disappoint. Also, I looooove Halloween and can't wait for the holidays as I am going home for Thanksgiving and then again for Christmas (at my parents' expense too!). I haven't been home or seen my parents since I left NJ in February... it's the longest time I've been away from home and not seen my parents by a long shot. On Wednesday, I'm going to see Moby at this great venue within walking distance of my place, and I'm going to see The Gossip on the 26th! I'm really excited, because I feel like I never get to go see enough concerts being so broke all the time. Then there are Halloween parties and the parade in West Hollywood! It's my favorite time of year :D OK, I think that's enough about me before I put everyone to sleep.

Rach- I definitely do not miss the part of school that involves studying. Yucky yucky yuck! Props to you for sticking to the books and studying hard though, I'm sure you'll do great! Plus, the post-finals celebration will be fabulous! :D The Halloween costume looks cute too! I'm sure it will look great on you and we can all hate on you for looking so good. I'm actually surprised because I've been looking at hundreds of costumes lately and that seems to be one I have not seen! So lucky you, finding something original ;)

Paulinha- Congrats on the new job love!

Welcome Ashleigh Renee! I'm Samantha (or Sam or Sami or whatever). I'm 24 in Los Angeles, not quite sure what I'm doing here, still trying to figure that part out.

Lies- Ugh, the Mondays! They never fail to disappoint. Mondays suck even when I work all weekend. Sometimes I think having a great weekend makes the Monday after seem even worse. I hope your Monday wasn't TOO bad, and I hope you at least had a nice weekend!

Ninna- I can't believe the big day is coming up so soon! I can't wait for you to pop it out already so we can see all the photos of the lil pup! I'll be thinking of you darling!

At this point, I'm too burnt out to read back too far so I tried to respond just a bit to everyone. I think about you guys all the time even when I'm not keeping up here, and I've truly missed talking to you all on a regular basis. I am going to try very hard to remedy this and please do keep my butt in check! Now I'm off to read angstgoddess's new one shot (Thanks for the heads up Pharm!) and watch Rocket Science (some movie with Anna Kendrick) Big, big hugs and kisses to all!!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I'm so tired! Which is quite insane because I went to bed at 8:30pm last night and slept till the alarm clock went off at 6am. Which is insanely long for a normal weekday. I just couldn't keep me awake last night and have zero energy again today.

Today is an afwull day, have so much insane annoying things to do today. But I can go to the hairdressers tonight, which is good since my hair is afwull. I hate going to hairdressers, (it's got to do with this afwull mirrors you have infront of you constantly) so I always putt it of for ages and then I desperatly need to go. The past few weeks I've been working 8am till 8 or 9 pm. Today is the first day in ages that I'm planning on quiting at 4pm (like I normally do), so I'm glad they could take me at the hairdressers. Just going for a little cut though, nothing major.

What's everyone else up too?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

ashleigh_renee wrote:@ashlee_renee - g'day. Which part of the island you from?
South Australia - Adelaide, probably the less interesting states? but i love it, makes visiting the other states a treeat =D

hii Paulinha, thanks for the welcome!

aaahh, radelaide. I've got a few buddies in bands from there. I'm in southern NSW, faily isolated, so Adelaide is much more interesting.

roseaurora wrote:
pharmer4 wrote:did anyone read Angstgodess' new one-shot?

I just finished it. It was very different, but I liked it. I didn't find Jasper repulsive tho... I felt so bad for him. But yeah, Carlisle and Esme dropped the ball in the parenting department for sure!

He was just so manipulative at the end. I was feeling sorry for him, but at the end, I lost that.

I liked you post in the fanfiction thread. I agree with your point, and I also understand the direction you were going in - despite authors being cool or ambivilent about it, it is illegal, and even if people aren't making money from it, if the author does not want it, it should be stopped.

Just glad SM is cool with it.

Also, I'm guessing you're going to need to post a photo of how the costume turns out, seeing everyone wants to know how it works out.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here