Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

I really, really hate to admit it. (because I saw Sonia posting some Vampire Diaries-related photos). I'm such a virgin when it comes to that and also with True Blood. I don't know about the books and the TV show of course and now that Vampire Diaries! I'm such a shame really. :oops: that I wanna cry.

Feels like I'm living in the farthest farthest place of this freakin Earth.

HELLO to my lexlings!! <3 yah all!
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

jasmine wrote:@pharmer, i know the vaccins are a dead flu, but it made sid sick anyway. if he gets sick of fighting of the dead flu, what good does it do?
and this yr he already had the flu so i wasnt sure it would be worth anything anymore.
Still ive contacted his diabetescontact and she said to take it, to just make sure.
so he did yesterdayevening. in a month orso he has to get the mexican/new flu vaccin.

About the medcines: i -refuse- to take a diff brand of my pil. ive taken this one for over 11 years and never had any probs with it. Im not going to change it to something i might get lots of sideeffects by, or worse, get pregnant.
luckely my insurance does pay it, so im good.
But we do get diff makes of the same medicines once in a while. My mycrogynon and my xyzal both have been French once in a while. And sids medicine have had changes of boxes as well. im not sure if they are cheaper, or other brands, because i dont know that much about them, they do have the same name though.
(simvastatine, metformine and the new one: tolbutamide)
Anyway, the tolbutamide is the reason his sugarlevels have been stabilizing a lot more than the past 2 yrs.

@therealmrswhitlock, thanx for the congrats :)

BTW can someone explain to me the diff between mrs, ms, and so on? We dont really have that around here, and i see those a lot in books.
btw yeah we do have a lot of faires around here, although we call them ''kabouters'', its more like a leprechaun i think.
they always snag our leftsocks and those stretchythingies you use to tie your hair(whats the right english word for that, not scrunchie)

@pharmer, havent read it yet, im being consumed by the dresden files lately.

@paulinha, that is SO true, we should set up a company of sorts ;)

@cantbreathe, im so jealous you all have a real halloween, its not a real holiday around here :(

@lieze, i know the feeling. i came home at 16:30 yesterday, watched some tv, made dinner, fell asleep at 1900 orso and sid woke me up at 2300. and not long after that i went to bed, and slept my Why are we talking about a donkey? off again. i dont think thats really healthy...

i havent been to the hairdressers since....april 2002, hahaha.
sid dyed my hair on saturday, the top part thats my natural colour. and the bottom part has been turning brown and red the last few years. now, in the sun its almost orange!!! hahaha. well seves me right, for being a blonde who hides it by dying her hair black..or something like that. i actually think it looks pretty cool.

@pharmer, hahaha you just want to see the hawtness of her costume :PP

I would have advised Sid not to get the flu vaccine if you are sure he had the flu this year. There's no point, especially since wild flu is more likely to give better immunity than vaccinated flu.

Also, when people get sick after a flu vaccine, it's not the vaccine itself making you sick (this is not the case for all vaccine, just attenuated ones), it is the immune system being affected, so that other viruses can make you sick.

As for your pill, I think I already said, don't take any s h i t on that front - if they don't have your brand, or won't get it for you, go elsewhere. It's one thing to offer a generic, it's a total other thing to refuse to supply the original in a timely fashion.

Interesting set of meds for Sid too. We don't use tolbutamide much in Australia anymore (it's not an effectiveness thing, it's a money thing - the market is small). I'm surprised he is not taking an ACE inhibitor or A2RB, which are blood pressure medications that protect the kidney from damage in diabetics. Even small doses that don't affect your blood pressure much have good protective properties for the kidney of diabetics.

finished Goblet of Fire today.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Finns love to copy as much of US-culture as possible. I remember there was some study about ten years ago that made the news, titling "Finland is the most USA-like country in Europe". Lately Halloween has become more and more popular, but mostly among kids. I think there's some clubs that have Halloween-themed nights, too. My friend has been throwing a Halloween party for kids past two years. It's all very fun. The other year she made all the food look very grose like plastic spiders in chips and popcorn and wieners that looked like fingers etc. All very yummy anyways. If she's doing it again this year, I'm thinking of baking something Halloween themed... Any ideas, anyone? I don't think I'd have the guts to dress up as something. I mean, what if I get pulled over by the police on my way there? :lol: Anyways, I get embarressed easily. It should be something with a mask then. 8-)
btw, I like the trailer for the movie Trick o' treat. I'd love to see it but haven't found it anywhere. Give me a tip if you find in a webstore or something...

I read that Jasper-fanfic you were all talking about couple of pages ago. It was very disturbing but again very high quality writing. How does she write so well? She's pretty young, right? I should re-vamp the WTF-story and WA, since I was a lazy reader and stopped both in the middle of the story... :oops: I guess my eyes can only take limited amount of reading from a screen now days...
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer, id love to know more about that. For all i know sids kidneys are fine, but his liver as been a little off for yrs. Not anything to be concerned about or being medicated for, but just not right, or something. (not being exactly right, but not bad enough for medicine seems to be a familything btw)
Sid has a very low bloodpressure, so mb thats the reason why they didnt? or maybe they dont even know about it?
We have our own lill diabetesclinic-thingy here around the corner. Im really glad about the tolbutamide, it changed his sugarlevel to a perfect one within a month! after 2 yrs of upping his meds, i think thats just ffing awesome :)

i can put my foot down..really really hard about stuff like meds and health and insurance. I get what ive paid for, or theyll be sorry ;)
Im really a very shy person and have some issues with failing, but i can get pretty forward and ''agressive'' when it comes to stuff like this. thank gawd, because it saved us a lot of mney and cheaper meds with sideeffects.

im having some issues with bad dreams and such lately, i think i know where it comes from, but im still deciding if ill talk about it on here or not. it is an open forum after all..... but it might be good to get off my chest.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
PaulinhaBrasil

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

@Honey - I sent you some candy, check your Hotmail.

@Cappu - Why would the police stop you?? *rubs chin* what have you been up to? ;)

@Pharmer - How was Goblet of Fire? There's a Harry Potter Audiobook, I give high recommendations, it is amazingly narrated, I've got all 7. Ready for the Order of the Phoenix?

@Jasmine - There is always FB, there you can limit the ppl who can see the note.
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

So.. when did the Illustrated Companion come out for New Moon?! How did I miss that?! I bought it today and I am so much more excited for November 20th now! I flipped through to see all the pictures already (of course... it was the first thing I did, haha) and now I have read about half of it. Its so great! Seems like they did a great job putting the movie together. I hope it translates so a fantastic movie!!! Random... they have this in Kindle edition... why in the world would you get this on your kindle?! You don't get the pictures then... what would be the point?! Strange!

Also... my costume came in today! I am little bummed because its not exactly like the picture. The top doesn't have the trim along the neckline and the lacy part on the bust isn't as high (which was something I liked because I didn't want to have my boobs hanging out!) Also, I have to remind myself that my body is not like the models, lol... my legs are not as long and therefore the costume fits a little different... and that ok (or so I tell myself, haha) I didn't take any pictures yet because I have been a complete scrub lately and am all sorts of frumpy so I will post when I'm making more of an effort to look nice, lol.

Jasmine: Thanks for sharing the pics! You are lucky to be able to pull off light and dark hair so well!

MRK: I was so excited to hear that the soundtrack was coming out early! Whoo hoo! I have not seen the Twilight Spotlights... do you know if they are posted online anywhere? What a sweet hubby you have! I really want to see the feature on PFach! I love that man! And will fight any of y'all for Daddy C!!! :twisted:

I am so happy Wednesday is over! They are my longest days (when I don't skip my night class like I did tonight :oops: :D )
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

PaulinhaBrasil wrote: @Cappu - Why would the police stop you?? *rubs chin* what have you been up to? ;)
Eh, I dunno.. A girl has gotta have some hobbies, eh? ;) :lol:
They've got lots of speeding rades here on weekend nights.

Uh, I'm hungry again... :roll: I'm on unvoluntary whole grain diet... I've lost the three kilos I got last month. All that goes down is whole grain and veggies and fruits. Everything else gives nausea, but thankfully not the acid breath. Gerdy is turning me into a vegan. I'm seriously lacking proteins. I hate how weak I feel. Any tips on what to eat that might actually go down? How to prep soy foods? Anyone have any experience on Vegan cooking? I've been surfing some sites and came to conclusion that thanks to GERD I'm only able to eat the foods listed in vegan food and most of my gravings are there too. I just can't seem to find any good recipes.

Rachel: Pics or it didn't happen! :lol: I'm sure it will fit you well. You're a beautiful woman. And not at all chubby like yours truly... I'd look like a sausage in a wiener's peelings if I put on anything like that.... :?
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@paulinha, thanx, but not all of the lexily are on facebook and i dunno..facebook isnt all that private either.

@roseaurora, i didnt pull off the blonde very well actually, i always got the ''are you sick, you look so pale'' comments. i dont get those anymore.

about the costume, lots of brands do that, make pics that dont really resemble the costumes, really annoying. but i bet you look great in it, and we demand pics :)

pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

jasmine wrote:@pharmer, id love to know more about that. For all i know sids kidneys are fine, but his liver as been a little off for yrs. Not anything to be concerned about or being medicated for, but just not right, or something. (not being exactly right, but not bad enough for medicine seems to be a familything btw)
Sid has a very low bloodpressure, so mb thats the reason why they didnt? or maybe they dont even know about it?
We have our own lill diabetesclinic-thingy here around the corner. Im really glad about the tolbutamide, it changed his sugarlevel to a perfect one within a month! after 2 yrs of upping his meds, i think thats just ffing awesome :)

i can put my foot down..really really hard about stuff like meds and health and insurance. I get what ive paid for, or theyll be sorry ;)
Im really a very shy person and have some issues with failing, but i can get pretty forward and ''agressive'' when it comes to stuff like this. thank gawd, because it saved us a lot of mney and cheaper meds with sideeffects.

im having some issues with bad dreams and such lately, i think i know where it comes from, but im still deciding if ill talk about it on here or not. it is an open forum after all..... but it might be good to get off my chest.

If his BP is low, that might explain not having him on ace inhibitors, but diabetes is a progressive disease - it will eventyally cause issues for his kidneys. ace inhibitors don't stop this, though, they just lessen and slow it down.

Also, all medications have side effects, no matter the cost. In fact, the cheaper drugs have been around longer, so their side effects are better understood (in general, there are old drugs that aren't used anymore, but I'd doubt Europe would have them still if Australia doesn't - we're progressive, but not world-leading). Newer drugs always cost more, so that drug companies can recoup their losses and make some profit before the patent runs out, and the side effects are always less well known, because they've not been around.

So, basically, don't equate price with efficacy or side effects - it can be misleading.

About your dreams - if you want to keep them very private, but want an opinion, feel free to PM me. I'd be suprised, though, if Sid couldn't give you some insight, seeing he's good at Tarot.

Paulinha - Goblet was cool, started phoenix today. I like that I've seen the movies first, because it gives me good imagery, and I like to see how they made the movie differently from this end, rather than reading first and being disappointed with things that got left out. This way, the stuff that is new is like a cool surprise. I'm sure I'll finish HALLOWS before the movies are out for that book though, so we'll see how that goes.

Roseaurora - do you reckon you could search for the book you have on Amazon et al and post a link for us?

Cappu - what did you think of the gargoyle?
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer everytime i read about diabetes being a progressive disease i get this slap in my face and like someone is squeezing my heart untill it breaks.*shivers* its like i dont want to think about it clearly, or if i try to pretend that it isnt so bad. even though i know it can be bad. maybe im just hoping it wont get any worse than this.

About the dreams, yeah sid is an expert when it comes to explaining them, but im not just an apprentice either. I -know- why i dream them, and also know that these arent my usual dreams. its just...i cant seem to do anything about it. NOrmally i can see why ive dreamt them and understand. But now, the dreams dont make sense, they are just nightmares and lucid dreams, almost like i have a fever and not thinking clearly, and they dont mean anything. Its the cause that gets me thinking about talking about them. because not talking about it, is probably why i get them in the first place...if that makes sense.
I dont really -talk- to people anymore, because some stabbed me in the back, and i just dont trust ppl enough anymore. But it seems to have brought back an old problem of mine. One that almost crippled me but instead made me stronger. seems it has been creeping up on me once again. i hate it when things do that.