Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by Amanda Beth »

Does car color matter? Not to me, but we were all curious as to why Rob and Kristen were being filmed driving this:
http://www.popsugar.com/5214549?page=0,0,0
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Amanda Beth wrote:Does car color matter? Not to me, but we were all curious as to why Rob and Kristen were being filmed driving this:
driving what? the same car that is in NM and that Volvo is giving away on their site?
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Yeah. Someone else guessed it had something to do with Volvo promoting a different car and they were correct.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Amanda Beth wrote:Does car color matter? Not to me, but we were all curious as to why Rob and Kristen were being filmed driving this:

that's the same car as they used in new moon, these are set pictures during shooting, I thought it was for Eclipse

On newmoonmovie.org is an article about Volvo using the movie as a commercial...
So I guess now we know why the car has changed.... there was a lot of money from volvo involved... :oops:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

As far as the color of the car goes, it means something to me. I won't flip my lid over it, but it means something. I'd much rather have a completly different Volvo model and have it be silver than a different model--or the same model--be black. It's just because Edward Cullen and silver Volvos go hand in hand. I just need my vampire in his shiny silver volvo. It might sound silly to some people, but it really isn't much to ask for. :roll:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Personally, it doesn't matter what model Volvo Edward drives because the book never specifically said it was a S60R, just that it was a silver Volvo; all I want is for it to be that light silver it was in the first movie. It's a give and take relationship with these people; we're seeing the product either way, they could at least give us the proper colour (or pretend to care and give us an off shade of the silver from the first one).
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Stephenie said what kind of car it was:
http://stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_cullencars.html
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

^^^^^^^Yeah but the book never mentions it and neither does the movie. It doesnt matter to me as long as it's silver. And as far as we know, it's not going to be silver in New Moon or Eclipse and That. Makes. Me. Mad. :evil:
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

It's ridiculous that they don't bother to get small, yet important things like this correct. How hard is it to get a silver Volvo? That's like making Bella's truck blue or Alice's Porsche red.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

^^^^^^^Exactly.

But I'm kind of starting a different subject...what does everyone think of the eclipse logo? I think it's perfect. (: I hope they decide to use red for Breaking Dawn.