General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by Dovrebanen »

The Dark Knight wrote: This all makes sense to me, the reason why is you relate to Bella. In New Moon she blossums into an adult and proves her love to him. To me he just never proves to her that he loves her the same way. Relating to Edward in this instance, he running scared and using the BS line, "it's for your own good." To me it has the oposite affect, he's not scacrificing for her, he's quiting on them. This just doesn't sit well with me. Hope you can understand where I'm coming from..
Yes, I can. And I don't expect you to agree with me. This is just one of those instances where it depends on how you interpret the actions. I see it as Edward loving Bella so much that he wants to give her the chance to something better than himself. He sees himself as a monster and a danger to her life. The quote that comes to mind is: "If you love someone, set them free". I think that's what Edward was doing. He wanted her to have a happy life. And Edward grew as a character for me by this sacrifice. And so for those reasons..NM is my favorite book.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Dovrebanen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote: This all makes sense to me, the reason why is you relate to Bella. In New Moon she blossums into an adult and proves her love to him. To me he just never proves to her that he loves her the same way. Relating to Edward in this instance, he running scared and using the BS line, "it's for your own good." To me it has the oposite affect, he's not scacrificing for her, he's quiting on them. This just doesn't sit well with me. Hope you can understand where I'm coming from..
Yes, I can. And I don't expect you to agree with me. This is just one of those instances where it depends on how you interpret the actions. I see it as Edward loving Bella so much that he wants to give her the chance to something better than himself. He sees himself as a monster and a danger to her life. The quote that comes to mind is: "If you love someone, set them free". I think that's what Edward was doing. He wanted her to have a happy life. And Edward grew as a character for me by this sacrifice. And so for those reasons..NM is my favorite book.

All's good then...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Tar_Ancalyme
Settled in Forks

Post by Tar_Ancalyme »

Eclipse, cause it says so much about the characters and the relationships between them, and we get to know Rosalie´s and Jasper´s story, and also the Quileute legends, and the humor in the book is awesome. Plus, Edward and Bella get pretty close physically (there were actually more details here than in BD), which is equally awesome. Then I love all the Alice moments, and the conversations between Edward and Bella, when they are really open to each other, and discuss everything they need. I had a little hard time dealing with the Jacob-Bella stuff in the end, but I got over it. I remember being quite furious when I read it, I couldn´t understand why that had to happen. But then I took some time to think about it, and also read what Stephenie said about the incident, and it got better. Plus, I love both Jake and Bella way too much to hold a grudge or something. Also, I felt a bit bothered by Edward´s overprotective behavior in the beginning, but as it caused a couple of really great moments later, the feeling faded quickly.

So, that´s why Eclipse. But New Moon is really really close, though, apparently, for a bit different reasons.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I really can't choose....
I only don't like new moon very much...every time I re-read I want to skip the whole part when edward is away...
but I can't because it is also a very important part of the whole story.

I really like eclipse because of the way edwards and Bella's relationship starts to take shape. Bella is turning in to be really a part of that relationship and not just a love chrushed teenager
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TwilightMaiden
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightMaiden »

I'm on my 18th straight reading of the whole saga, so I would have to say that my fav book would be at the moment Eclipse then Twilight, New Moon and Breaking Dawn.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Absolutely Midnight Sun. Even tho its not complete it is my favorite. I just love seeing things from Edward's perspective, its way more interesting than Bella's, but I think what I really appreciate about it is how dead accurate and true to Twilight it is. You can read them side by side and they match up perfectly. There are a couple parts that would need to be edited out, imo, but its fantastic I am hopeful that she will finish it some day.

But, if I had to pick one from the published series, I think I would have to go with Twilight. I just love reading the building of their relationship and the development of the characters!

Absolute least favorite is Breaking Dawn. It didn't seem like the same characters in a few parts and that really bugged me. But there are parts in it that I love, in fact my favorite Bella moment is when Jane realizes that it is Bella blocking her power... priceless!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by rainbowcrayon »

I absolutely love Eclipse, with all of its controversy and tension and the inclusion of both vampires and werewolves (or shapeshifters or whatever). I love the interaction between Bella, Edward and Jacob and how each changes as a result of the others. I love all the bits of humor, Alice, how Jasper and Rosalie tell their stories, the Quileute legends, and the development of Bella's relationship with both Edward and Jacob. Even though I cried when I was finishing the book, when Bella and Jacob share their final encounters, I think it is this pain that makes me love Eclipse the most as well. I really am not a masochist but I love the way their separation is written, and how true it really is. I was able to associate with them so much more than with the other books. Absolutely fabulous.
I also like New Moon, mostly because Jacob is prominently featured and we learn more about the werewolves (shapeshifters) and the Quileutes, and Bella and Jacob's relationship develops. It is also a beautifully written book.
Twilight, of course, is the original, and although I did not read it first, I still enjoyed it immensely, with the irresistible attraction that draws Bella and Edward together, and poor Jacob just shuttled off to the side... to become immensely important later. It is the crucial book for everything to begin, and was extremely well done.
Wow, I just noticed this.
TwilightMaiden wrote:I'm on my 18th straight reading of the whole saga, so I would have to say that my fav book would be at the moment Eclipse then Twilight, New Moon and Breaking Dawn.
I actually agree.
I really don't like Breaking Dawn. I think the saga could have ended satisfactorily with Eclipse for me, even though not everything was tied off. I think Stephenie Meyer could have ended everything much better... Maybe, maybe not. Nevertheless, I still adore the whole series.
If we are counting books that are not officially in the series, I would also say Midnight Sun.
roseaurora wrote: just love seeing things from Edward's perspective, its way more interesting than Bella's, but I think what I really appreciate about it is how dead accurate and true to Twilight it is. You can read them side by side and they match up perfectly.
I definitely agree with roseaurora as well. Edward's point of view is fascinating, and everything does match up so well. I desperately wish that Stephenie Meyer would write more from Jacob's perspective, as those few incredible chapters in Breaking Dawn and the bit at the end of Eclipse were in no way enough for me.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
AndriaBezaire
Settled in Forks

Post by AndriaBezaire »

My favorite book of the saga would have to be Breaking Dawn. It has so much action, plus we finally get to see Bella and Edward married. I also love reading about Bella as a Vampire: ) It is so hard to choose a favorite though because I love them all so much: )
That's Mrs. Bezaire to you
Malicia
Settled in Forks

Post by Malicia »

Absolutely Twilight. In my opinion, if Stephenie had left Twilight just for one book instead of whole series, it would have made a seriously taken classic like Austen or Brontë.
But yeah, it's okay that we got some more Edward, too.
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

My favorite is actually New Moon, which is weird seeing as I'm Team Edward all the way. I love Twilight because it's where it all began but from New Moon on out the themes are so much more realistic and mature. The drama of the plot is much more realistic and moving in New Moon, whereas in Twilight it's kind of your stereotypical teen infatuation (it's still wonderful though! :D ) I don't know exactly what it is that makes me love New Moon so much but it's definitely my favorite :D
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B