Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by carranzaya »

Oh my dear Marielle, since i have memory i have wished the same thing, to have a huge collection of my dearest books, a girl can dream and it is a very likely dream to come true.

30 books already??? it is a pretty good start,congrats.

Have a nice weekend, Yadira.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
carranzaya

Post by carranzaya »

A deeply scary collection: Stories that scared even me by Alfred Hitchcock

I suggest to read among those short stories:

• Fishhead by Irving S. Cobb
    Sin un ruido by Damon Knight
    La cámara oscura by Basil Copper
    La Fiesta de Cumpleaños by John Burke
    La Jaula by Ray Russell
    ¡Tan real! by Robert Specht
    La Habitación de los niños by William Wood

Sorry this edition it is in spanish, so i dont know the titles in english, if i find them on internet i'll post later.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

carranzaya wrote:Oh my dear Marielle, since i have memory i have wished the same thing, to have a huge collection of my dearest books, a girl can dream and it is a very likely dream to come true.

30 books already??? it is a pretty good start,congrats.

Have a nice weekend, Yadira.
yeah I mean what is more cool that having a huge library....
The problem with that is the financial aspect of the book collection... so I ask a lot of books for my birthday and christmas...

And I also have half of my harry potter collection in hardcover and soft one set to keep in good shape...as I will do with my twilight books...

OOh can you see yourself sitting in your own library with a lot of really good books.... :oops: (ooh man I sound like hermiony)

I hope you are enjoying the weekend as well...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
carranzaya

Post by carranzaya »

Hahahaha Marielle you really sound like Hermione!!! But i understand the feeeling, sounds like paradise to me, surrounded by a huge collection of books!!!

I'm beggining with my HP collection, i have read all of them of course, but as you, financial are not always good, so, many of my friends use to give me for my birthday my fav books, in that way i get The Hobbit, The Lord of the ring and Harry Potter 7, all of them deluxe edition, make my heart jump in and out.

This year i hope to buy the hardcover edition of Twilight Saga, already have the paperback, and am looking forward to get Jane Evanovich series too, friends has told me those books are really good, make you laugh aloud.

Am enjoying my weekend, thanks.

Yadira.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Having your own library is wonderful until you have to move. Then all those books aren't nearly so fun anymore!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I'm an avid book reader. My favourite genres are fantasy, children's fiction and historical novels...and the classics of course!
My new bookshelf - which takes a whole wall in the biggest room in my flat - is already full and I have boxes and boxes of books in the garage.
I'm thinking about getting an e-reader and buy only the must-have books from now on. Unfortunately, there are no e-readers available in Italy because all the e-books are in English. It's hard to choose and buy electronics on the net for me so maybe I'll buy one as soon as I travel abroad.

Reading is a special pleasure...it makes you enter a new world. I'd read every single moment, were it possible :D Luckily enough I teach languages and literature so books are my "job" as well.

About used books I agree with you, guys...in second hands stores you can find some little treasures. For example, once I bought from a second-hand UK store on Amazon a book by Edna O'Brien, one of my favourite authoress. I was so happy to find that the first page was signed by O'Brien herself...I couldn't believe it, just 2 euros for a signed book!!!! Plus, in the second-hand market you can find books that are nt published any more or very rare and old editions. It's pure book-addict heaven!

@Openhome I agree with you...moving with hundreds of books is definitely a hell-like experience. I relocated twice in a couple of years and I was going mad.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Openhome wrote:Having your own library is wonderful until you have to move. Then all those books aren't nearly so fun anymore!
I have tried that actually this summer... I bought a house and had to move all my books and those of my boyfriend.
It wasn't that bad... :lol: I just had to make sure I had enough boxes...
:P
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I have to admit...it's such a fantasy of mine! To have a room that's all mine and soley used to store books!! I'd be in heaven. I get all giddy just thinking about it :) Definitely on my To Do List!!!!

Thank you Naureen!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

A room with just books would be terrific. Put a big, comfy chair and a fireplace in there and I would be in heaven. I would also love an art studio and sewing/quilting room.
If wishes were horses...
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

fanMNM wrote:I have to admit...it's such a fantasy of mine! To have a room that's all mine and soley used to store books!! I'd be in heaven. I get all giddy just thinking about it :) Definitely on my To Do List!!!!

Your not alone on that one! I am currently looking for a new appartement, and one of the main criteria is a spear room to make a "library" out of :D

Hello my name is Hanne and i am a bookaholic :lol:
i have always loved books in generall ever since my dad read to me at bedtime. And i have "collected" books all through my life without really realizing that this was a hobby. :D about 2 years ago i had an "epiphany" when i was reorganizing my books and i realized that this in fact was my hobby :lol:
Since then i have gotten even wors then before, my friends call me a book-snob because i refuse to buy paperbacks and daydream about my favoritt books in leatherbound editions :lol:

her is a pic of my shelf as of today: http://twitpic.com/mxvex (all the books on the left that look out of place are books i have yet to read, they are placed like that to aggravate me every time i look over. that way i get to reading them faster :lol: )