What's Your OCD?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What's Your OCD?

Post by rain.on.me »

My notes that I take in school HAVE to be perfect. There cannot be a single mark, scribble, or letter out of place. They also can't be sloppy in the least. I'll take my notes in school, and then go home and rewrite them. Sometimes I'll rewrite the same notes over and over again until I am pleased with them. Come to think of it, I just rewrote my history notes like an hour ago... :) All my friends think its really wierd and that I'm just wasting my time, but I can't help it. They NEED to be neat.
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

rain.on.me wrote:My notes that I take in school HAVE to be perfect. There cannot be a single mark, scribble, or letter out of place. They also can't be sloppy in the least. I'll take my notes in school, and then go home and rewrite them. Sometimes I'll rewrite the same notes over and over again until I am pleased with them. Come to think of it, I just rewrote my history notes like an hour ago... :) All my friends think its really wierd and that I'm just wasting my time, but I can't help it. They NEED to be neat.
Omg. I know how you feel. My notes have to be ABSOLUTELY perfect. That's why I always have an eraser on hand. And my erasers have to be the ones that erases everything completely. If I mess up on my diagram, I will take another sheet of paper and re-write everything. I don't care if it takes me over 5 hrs, as long as they are neat. I'm such a perfectionist sometimes, and I hate it.

So like, OCD owns me. Completely. Just some of the crazy things I do.
- I ALWAYS have to have a hairtie on my wrist. And specifically, my right wrist. My hair is so long that it's such a ritual for me to have over 1000 packs of hairties at home, and I lose about 15 a day. No joke.
- My clothes always have to be fixed. My closet is full of my clothes and they are color-coded, by size, and by style. Just always my thing. Heh.
- Whenever I drive, I totally avoid routes that have cameras on them. I always start to panic when I come across one, so what I would do is make a straight right turn and just go around it. I don't know, I feel as though I'm gonna get caught beating the yellow light and get fined. HAHA. Damn those camera things!
- I always rip out the first ply of the bathroom tissue when I put on a new one. It annoys me so much.
- Before I go to sleep, I always have to have a bottle of water on my nightstand. Whether I drink it or not, it has to be there and it MUST always be full.
- I don't drink in cups. Well, not on the rims, anyways. I either drink straight from a bottle or, if I do drink from a cup, I have to drink using a straw.
- I can't fall asleep without the TV on, with the music playing on the background. So I always put my TV on sleep so it'll shut off automatically because I like to fall asleep listening to music. I don't use my iPod because I've dropped it so many times already, hehe.
- I always do the sign of the cross before I eat, after I eat, go to sleep, in the morning, before I drive.... everything. It's not just because I'm religious at all, but I don't know... I can't seem to function without ever making those gestures.
- I have to type properly. Like, no joke. I can't stand when people TyPe LyKe DiS. You go to freakinn' school, and the last time I checked, teachers dont teach you to type like that. I try to check my spellings or grammar mistakes, but sometimes I get too lazy to change them, so I have to walk away from the computer or go to another website for a couple of minutes and I'll calm down.
- I'm not really a 'grammar police' or whatever you call that, but from time to time, I get annoyed when people use 'youre' instead of 'your'. Like, they dont know the proper usage of it. I don't know.... Mehh.

So those are some of my OCDs. Not that extreme, but still. Hehe<3
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

rain.on.me wrote:My notes that I take in school HAVE to be perfect. There cannot be a single mark, scribble, or letter out of place. They also can't be sloppy in the least. I'll take my notes in school, and then go home and rewrite them. Sometimes I'll rewrite the same notes over and over again until I am pleased with them. Come to think of it, I just rewrote my history notes like an hour ago... :) All my friends think its really weird and that I'm just wasting my time, but I can't help it. They NEED to be neat.
ME TOO! That's why I always use pencil because I don't like to cross-out or use white-out.
If I wrote ugly, I have to write it again or it will drive me crazy.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

clariissaa wrote:
rain.on.me wrote:My notes that I take in school HAVE to be perfect. There cannot be a single mark, scribble, or letter out of place. They also can't be sloppy in the least. I'll take my notes in school, and then go home and rewrite them. Sometimes I'll rewrite the same notes over and over again until I am pleased with them. Come to think of it, I just rewrote my history notes like an hour ago... :) All my friends think its really weird and that I'm just wasting my time, but I can't help it. They NEED to be neat.
ME TOO! That's why I always use pencil because I don't like to cross-out or use white-out.
If I wrote ugly, I have to write it again or it will drive me crazy.
Same same same my note have to be perfect - specailly for history

my OCD - i can not have curtains or doors open even a little bit at night - i think that someone is going to be looking in at me - even though i know im on the second story, even though i know i live in one of the safest placves in the Uk. i hate getting up at night because i think that there is going to be soemone standing at my door, or downstairs in the kitchen. i can't stand it if people move things in my room. even though it is a mess evertything i where i know it is.
my top OCD is probably my worst though. if the curtains are open a little bit i freak out, and have to get out of bed to close it properly
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
K-Dawg

Post by K-Dawg »

When your writing something on Microsoft Word and you have a spelling mistake, or a grammar error, and those squiggly red and green lines appear under the word or the sentence... yeah I have to stop whatever I'm doing and fix the mistake. It drives me insane!!!!
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Okay if I have a school project (like an essay) it msut stay completely straight anty small wrinkle and I freak. I also don't like leaving my stuff on hangers at places(like church choir practice) I always think it's going to get stolen.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
prettyinpaleskin
Wandering Through Town
Location: On the island shaped like a teddy bear! no one? oh fine ireland!

Post by prettyinpaleskin »

well after readiing all yours i fell betta bout my weirdness! anyway......
1) i hate it when people walk slowly in front of you and theres just no room to pass them.. i just want to push them down!! :evil: (i never have) 8-)
2) whenever i lock the door at night i have to keep going back to make sure its locked
3) as soon as it gets anyway dark out i have to pull the blinds down cos i'm sure someone is staring in at me.. :shock:
4) i analyse every situation to see if it could lead to me death like oh if that rope snaps that thing will fall on top of me and kill me!!
5) i can't brush my teeth if i haven't run my right hand under the cold tap beforehand to wet it.. i just can't brush my teeth with a dry right hand, the left one i like to keep dry...
6) i just can't wear my shoes indoors, it just feels so WRONG!
7)i also can't stand it when my food touches!!!
I hate television. I hate it as much as i hate peanuts. But i just can't stop eating peanuts.
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

Pel wrote:
Mine are that my books must be kept in PERFECT condition (otherwise I get exteremly upset) and that no one can step on my pillow. My friend does it ALL THE TIME and I hate it.

Isn't this a weird topic?

My books are like my babies...I don't like to break the spines (the sound actually hurts me). It's gotten to the point that my father-in-law is afraid to borrow my books, because he doesn't want to be responsible if something should happen to it.
It's actually so bad that I get protective of books that aren't even my own. I was on the bus one day and a woman pulled out her book to read....and folded the thing over so that the front cover and the pages she had already read were at the back...I almost had a heart attack., I swear I could hear the book screaming (or maybe it was me)
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

my books is another one actually.. my friend borrowed my copy of eragon and literally destroyed it! it now has pages coming out and is all bent out of shape. i was s mad. but if anyone does that to Twilight saga then i will probably be driven to kill
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
keight!
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by keight! »

i have to alphabatize things in my head.
everything is alphabetized, i just wish my organizational skills would show in other aspects of my life haha.
and i "see" things in numbers.
like cat is c-a-t.
but to me its c-a-t and also 3-1-20
i think i'm crazy.
my family doctor sent me to a neuropathologist.
i think they said he looks for organic reasons for learning disorders.
anyway, he thinks i should study cryptology and work for the military haha.

i just realized that i ramble alot.
sorry haha.