Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by skylarblue »

I actually enjoy horror movies (I grew up on them, so they aren't really scarry to me). Just to prove how much I was into them, I had one of those movie stand-ups of Leatherface in my room, weird right?

Jason, Freddie or Leatherface never really bothered me, I found Freddie Kruger pretty funny & laughed more at the Nightmare on Elm Street movies more then ever.

I think the best movies were:

The Hellraiser Series
The Saw Series (they are actually my favorite)

I think that the movies that Rob Zombie made (House of 1000 Corpses & The Devil Rejects) are demented but I can't help watching them.

The more gore, the more I love.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
NewMillenium
Wandering Through Town

Post by NewMillenium »

Eh...not into gore myself(I hate watching people suffer), but I love it when there is actually a decent plotline running in a horror movie, other than, "Kill! Kill! KILL!" :)

I enjoy a lot of Shymalan films. Sixth Sense, Signs, and the Village are awesome(even though most people didn't like this one :( ) Ooh, and I adore The Phantom of The Opera(2005 version) :P But yeah, movies that make you think are awesome.

I also want to point out that I saw the movie, "Gremlins" when I was about five years old and I still have nightmares about evil fuzzy green creatures -cue scary music-
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I am horrified of scary movies. I don't see many of them cause of that. I freak out.

But once I was watching 1408 with my two friends and one of my friends tapped on my shoulder on the scary part purposely and I screamed so loud...

Meanie.

Ha ha.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

AliceLauren wrote:
But once I was watching 1408 with my two friends and one of my friends tapped on my shoulder on the scary part purposely and I screamed so loud...

Meanie.

Ha ha.
That's so ironic because I just bought 1408 this weekend but haven't watched it yet.

I think that Psyco and The Shining are good. I remember I wasn't allowed to watch them when I was growing up but when I did see them, I understood why.

I think a good one for me was Pet Semetary and It, they are classics in my book. I have to admit that It kind of freaked me out and that's saying somthing for a movie because I don't get freaked out by horror movies.
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

I love CLASSIC Horror movies (The Exoricist, the original Omen, Audrey Rose, the original Halloween,) not because they scare me but because they really get you thinking. I have no time for the Saws or the Hostels, movies that are really gore for gore's sake, but the slasher flicks of the mid-late 90's (The Scream Trilogy, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Faculty, Urban Legend) are some of my favourites.

One that does tend to freak me out is Wrong Turn. I can't really explain why, but to me, the possibility of crazed killers hiding in the mountains is somewhat too realistic.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

I have to say The Ring scared the freaking bajeebers out of me. Every time they talked about Samara (the ring girl) and showed flashbacks with her in it, I swear I was going to pee myself. She has got to be the scariest kid ever. The ring video itself is so freaking scary. It gives me the chills.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

porscheturbo911 wrote:I have to say The Ring scared the freaking bajeebers out of me. Every time they talked about Samara (the ring girl) and showed flashbacks with her in it, I swear I was going to pee myself. She has got to be the scariest kid ever. The ring video itself is so freaking scary. It gives me the chills.
The part where Samara comes out of the tv always scared me. The worse one was where she came out and leaped a couple feet from where she had been. Woah, I jumped! I about had a heart attack. My heart was pounding so hard it felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.
And in the second movie, where she falls down the well and then comes climbing back, ahh! Her legs are going over her head and she's moving freakishly over the rocks. The whole twitching effect gave me the willies!
There's just something real dark about the Japanese horror films in the movement of the ghost and characters that I just find disturbing. It's haunting.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

So i just saw Apocalypto last night...AND IT WAS AMAZING!!!
i know it's not a horror film but there were two parts that i swear i screamed LIKE AN INFANT hahaha

THe beginning where the main character dreams about one of the guys they first met in the forest? Anyone? I swear i was almost crying on that part- the guy's standing there with his eyes WIDE OPEN and he's panting really fast and then yells "RUN!" that was so eerie to me and creepy nonetheless. Even more-so since when the main character's tribe saw them in the forest, he felt like they were hiding something.... i had that same feeling...

And the little girl who says the prophecy...i swear little creepy girls get me every time!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chyeah »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Child's Play! Chucky's creepy!

The Ring was good, too. I sympathize with Samara. Every adult she came into contact with was either a jerk or an idiot.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I never found Chucky creepy or scary, the whole concept was just weird to me.

I watched Black Christmas last night and was confused, I got some parts about Billy & his daughter/sister but didn't really understand.

I'm getting exicted because Saw 5 comes out next month. I love this series.