Dr. Who

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Dr. Who

Post by Openhome »

Hopefully, yes. But I am rather tired of switching doctors so often. What is up with that???
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

DT has been doing it for ages! I think he needs a bit of a break :) They might bring him back for some like - time crash episodes or something- that would be cool! I still love that they brought Rose back. Even if it was just to lose her again. but David is a CLASSIC Doctor... and i wont ever be able to replace him in my head. He's just such a good Doctor.. 0.0
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Isn't it amazing how there have been so many doctors, but only a few that we truly remember? Such a fun series!
There was a Who marathon here a few months ago, and I just howled at some of the older shows. So corny, but oh so good. Kind of like watching old Star Trek and seeing the geeky special effects and just LOVING them.
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Yeah, I never really got into Doctor Who until the new series came out with Billie Piper and Chris Eccelston. I went to dr who convention (yes.. guilty) last year and they were showing a ton of old episodes and they were soooo corny, but it had the same basic plot of the new ones. I thought that was neat. Doctor who is classic Brit TV hehe ;)
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Just watched the Waters of Mars special. Oh my goodness. 0.o It was FANTASTIC! XD :mrgreen:
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

TwilightRose1 wrote:Just watched the Waters of Mars special. Oh my goodness. 0.o It was FANTASTIC! XD :mrgreen:
What did you think of The End of Time? Did you get to see the entire episode or did they break it into two parts in the UK?
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Oh I just loved the End of Time part one (part two is on Saturday). The Waters of Mars was pretty good, too, but I wasn't a big fan. I have always loved the Master so I was so excited when I learned he would be coming back in these special episodes. Simm really overplayed his part sometime but I suppose that's just how the Master is. He's completely mental but that's what I love about him. I can't wait to see the second part of the episode and can't wait for the new season with Matt Smith as the Doctor!
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

I have to watch The End of Time again (I did not pay attention the first time, too many distractions the first time) Part Two is So between then and now... I had not heard anything of the new season. I just want to see where they leave this off, although the end is almost a foregone conclusion.
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

The End of Time was two episodes, just like evrywhere else. I absolutely adored them! I cried. I bawled. I didn't see the ending coming AT ALL. It was ridiculous. lol Oh my goodness. David Tennant is the best Doctor I've seen. His energy is just addicting to watch. Seeing him go was difficult. I hope they bring him back.. for something.. ANYTHING. A special or something maybe? Hopefully. We'll see. Im still curious to see the new Doctor though! :)
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

TwilightRose1 wrote:but David is a CLASSIC Doctor...
Haha, wait what? The show has been going on for over fifty years. You want to talk about classic doctors, try some of the originals like William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker (love Tom Baker), and so on. As much as I love David Tennant as the Doctor, it was his time to go. He was the Doctor for the second longest amount of time (Baker being the first). I'm excited to see where Matt Smith can take the show with his bow tie.