Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Re: Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hey Viola!
The first book is Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Mkay.
I just went and placed a hold on every single book in the series. There are 118 holds on The Last Olympian at my library! Good thing I won't need it for a while...
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

^^It's a really popular book.
:)
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

So I just finished the Lightning Thief, and it was pretty good. It is a little bit for younger kid, like 12-13 year olds rather than 15, because the writing is fairly simple, but it has good plot and touches on deep themes. It'll make a good movie, provided its adapted right. I mean, there's not a ridiculous amount they can do to mess it up without changing absolutely everything.
Gotta read the next 3 now, yay!

EDIT: Finished the first 4. Gotta wait for the next one. Whooboy. I'm 86 out of 114 in the waiting list at my library.

Currently, I'm trying to decide whether Annabeth or Rachel should die. Annabeth is better for Percy, but it also makes the most sense for her to die. Gunna have a big internal debate in the time it takes the 85 people I have to wait for to read it.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Frick it, I'm double posting to put this back up at the top of the forum.

I just finished Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian, and DEAR NEPTUNE (Haha, pun intended) that was AWESOME! Its also the first happy-book I've read in forever and enjoyed, because it wasn't cheesy! Good people died, and good people lived, and the bad guys died, and all was cool, and there was kissing. Pretty much perfect ending. I also enjoyed how much Hestia was in there, because she's probably my favorite goddess, thanks to the Time Warp Trio. I miss Apollo, though... ;)
Now I can't wait for the movie, because those are going to be some seriously epic battle scenes. :shock: :D

Spoiler! And neither of the girls died! YES! Happy book, happy day!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

SPOILERS!

I love the Last Olympian!
Just my style with all the action. :D And I love how the author had the mortals wake up towards the end. That made it a lot more suspenseful. Go Paul with the sword!

I'm glad that Rachel became the prophecy, and I knew she wasn't going to end up with Percy. So that's good.

Go Hestia! We finally see her. Amen.

Poor Silena, and Charlie.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Yeah, I almost threw the book across the room in the middle of a state test when Beckendorf died. I settled for yelling quietly at it.

Rachel is the Oracle, not the prophecy. The hero of the prohecy was Luke. Mostly. And Rachel didn't die! That's like, a first for me getting a prediction wrong.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Prophecy, Oracle...whatever.
They both begin with...a consonant. :D

Thank God she survived! But the whole Silena business was totally bogus. Way out of character.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

*SUPER!WHACKS with Grammar Stick of Doom*
O is a vowel, gosh dang it! I will turn on They Might Be Giants's Here Come The ABCs!!!!

It makes sense to a degree, but then again, it doesn't. Depressed girlfriend betrays other friends, then dies to save them. Bogus but sense-making. Kinda.
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Kay, so first, SUPER!AWESOME book.

And, in case any of you were wondering about it, I saw on the official site there most likely is gonna be a second series, where Rachel is the Oracle with new heros and stuff! Sqee!

I have all the books, even the Demi God Files, and love 'em to death. Go Annabeth! (Her actress is all wrong... this movies gonna make me get mad at the people. gr. :evil: )

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)