1. If Edward had shared Jacob’s thoughts with Bella (when he drops her off at the LaPush boundary line) do you think it would have caused Bella to acknowledge the pain she was causing Jacob and prevented the “Jacob-kiss” from happening?
I don't think so. I think Jacob would have done it anyway. I think Bella knows that she does cause Jacob pain from "leading him on" so to speak, but he has told her time and time again, that he still wants to see her despite how he feels. Edward respects other people's thoughts so I don't think he would have told Bella anyway, as if Jacob wanted her to know, he would tell her himself.
2. Bella describes in detail why she wants Edward to change her. If she is going to be changed, do you think he wants to be the one to do it?
Yes definately. For similar reasons I'm sure. Edward would want to be the last thing that Bella's "human" mind would remember, and I'm sure that he would like his venom to poison her too, and then they would have a connection forever. Tho at the same time, he wouldn't want to hurt her one bit, and when he bites her, it's gonna hurt!
3. What can you attribute Bella’s ambivalence about marriage to?
Her parents divorce. And actually, their marriage in general. Plus her age, and embarrassment at having to tell people that they are getting married, and the thoughts (ie. thats she's pregnant) that people will automatically assume.
4. Bella constantly makes the distinction between the Jacob she likes—her young friend and the bitter werewolf Jacob who “bugs the hell” out of her. What do you think Stephenie’s purpose is in highlighting this throughout the book?
To highlight that there is 2 sides to Jacob. The nice friendly Jacob, and the incredibly annoying Jacob!
5. Is is shocking that Bella would consider having Edward kill a human in order to gain an advantage in the fight against the newborns?
A little, but she would want to do anything and everything to ensure that Edward and the rest of the Cullens survive the fight! People do crazy things, and have crazy thoughts, when their loved ones are in danger.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!