Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 15 ~ Wager

Post by Dovrebanen »

1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
No, he seems to be very persistent when he wants something, so he wouldn't give up so easily. He should...But he wouldn't.

2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I expected it to happen some time. But maybe not just when i happened. I didn't want it to happen, so I really didn't like it.

3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
Bella's reaction was just perfect. It was totally justified to punch him. Jacob didn't get it..He seemed to think that it was a great kiss and even bragged about it. Charlie..I can't believe he said "good for you" to Jacob. Somebody kissed his daughter when she didn't want him to. A father should not condone that even if Jacob was his favorite. I thought Edward would be furious, and I thought he would behave pretty much the way that he did. I didn't think that he would hurt Jacob. Ithought it was so funny: "I'm not going to kill you know, because it would upset Bella." And Bella clearly doesn't agree at this point.."It would bother you in the morning. ...(Edward). And hearing his car accelerate in the background.Funny.

4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did?
No, not at all. That's just the way they are.

5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
I knew she was thinking about sex with Edward. She was afraid that she would change so much and be so "out there" in the first years as a vampire, that she wanted that human experience first. She had already brought it up in Twilight, and their relationship was more physical in Eclipse, so it was natural that she wanted to take it one more step.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward? No not really it's just who he is

2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming? I'm surprised he didn't do it a long time ago

3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react? Bella didn't surprise me I'd've done the same thing. Jacob not so much either Charlie was hilarious but still didn't surprise me. Edward however surprised me. I think he handle it beautifully.

4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did? No I laughed. She'll prove them wrong.

5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?” He love and desire for Edward. I think she was falling into Jake's view that Bella will not exist anymore and anything she loved before she will not love after she will only have her thirst. She's underestimating herself yet again.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
Not really, this kid never stops.lol.

2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I was shocked. I figured if Edward saw this he would do something crazy.

3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
If I was Bella I would have kicked him between the legs. lol. Jacob is just a jerk for doing that..he knows she is w/ Edward and that she loves him. Charlie annoyed me w/ his reaction. Edward...I was right on about. I can see it playing out in my head..voice so soft yet threatening.lol. I love it!!! :D

Not really.

5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up
I thought she changed her mind about the marriage thing.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

no, jacob is a very optimistic person. :lol:

i was shocked and mad at the same time. i had no clue that was coming!

bella: logical
jocob: natural
charlie: i would have said, "dad, your not helping...!" :lol:
edward: i was surprised he didnt break jacob's jaw right then and there!! 8-)

no, i thought it was pretty funny actutallly! :D

5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
i wasnt sure, i was positive there was something and she would regret it later on.
Betting on Alice.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Nope

I saw it comming but I loved Bellas reacton

Bellas was sooo funny. So was Jakes and Charlies, but Edward was well Edward.

No it was funny.

I thought it was very reasonable.
**Kathryn**
GentleGeorge
Settled in Forks

Post by GentleGeorge »

1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella's assertions that she loves only Edward?
No, because he doesn't seem to think it's that much of an obstacle for him!

2.How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I saw it coming and I didn't like it. He pushed himself on her even when it was clear she was trying to get him off her.

3.Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella's reaction? Jacob's? What about Charlie's? And how did you think Edward was going to react?

I would have done exactly the same as Bella. Shame she was the one who got hurt though! Jacob's reaction was very annoying. The way he was so cocky about it. Charlie's reaction wasn't cool. You'd think he would be more concerned. Edward's reaction was pretty much expected though I was hoping he would hurt Jacob.

4.Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett's bet, as Bella did?
Not really.

5.As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, "Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?"
I think I knew what she was talking about
Last edited by GentleGeorge on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I wasn't surprised, I expected it. That's just what Jacob is like. It annoyed me tho, I really wish he would just listen to Bella!!

I didn't see it coming until a couple lines before it happened. I was very shocked! And mad at Jacob!

I thought Bella's reaction was great, tho it was a bit of a shame that she broke her hand (tho it was pretty funny). Jacob's reaction totally annoyed me, especially how he thought it was a great kiss and that she kissed him back. Charlie also annoyed me (tho it was quite funny too), I would have assumed that he woudl be mad at Jacob for kissing Bella when she didn't want him to. I thought Edward would have went mental! In a way, the calm voice he used to threaten Jacob was prolly more menacing than if he were shouting at him. I was intrigued by the way he said he "would not play fair", and that if Jacob every brought her back "damaged", he would break his jaw. I was like "go Edward!" lol.

I wouldn't say I felt horror, I thought it was just a silly bet. I assumed that Edward would stop her from killing anyone, so I wasn't worried about it.

I thought she meant sex. However I assumed that Edward would say no, since she is very breakable when she is a human!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Yeah! He can't get a clue! Leave her alone.
I was mad. And surprised. I didn't think he'd be that stupid. It made me really mad that he would do that to her, he didn't even give her a choice! And HOW exactly did he think she wanted him to? grr.
Bella's was right. Jacob's was annoying. Charlie's was...Charlie...and he never knows the whole story anyway. I thought Edward would be really angry at Jacob...and maybe want Bella to stay away from him.
I actually thought it was really funny that they BET on it. Jeez. Kind of immature.
I was like, "Oh, of course. Bella's worried about THAT of all things." Kind of understandable though. She loves him...and she wants to really be with him before she changes...
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

He said in New Moon that persistence pays off,.. that he was willing to do whatever it takes and now that it is such a short time away,. he's trying everything he can.

I didn't think he was going to kiss her! I was very surprised. I didn't think he'd go that far.

I think Bella did a good thing by shutting down and just standing there since there was no way to get away,.. Jacob pushed it by continuing.. even though he did say he thought that she was enjoying it,.. I thought the whole part of Charlie and Jacob was hilarious,.. I liked how Bella punched him without realizing that she wouldn't break her hand.. she was just so mad she did it! I thought Edward was going to rip him apart on the spot.

No,.. it made me laugh. Of course they were going to make a bet on it.

I wasn't really sure,.. maybe having sex because of how she felt toward Edward,.. and she has raging hormones and is always wanting to go farther with Edward.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Yes, I thought it was better to give up!

I was really shocked and mad!

Bella was perfect off course. Jacob annoying and Charlie downright scary!! I expected Edward to be very mad at Jacob.

I thought it was funny, but mean.

I really thought it would be losing her virginity.